Thread: Work out

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87
  1. #46
    FeelTheRush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Go So Hard.
    Posts
    2,062
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    217
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Pushups build biceps and shoulder muscles.

  2. #47
    k0mrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    worcester, ma
    Posts
    1,343
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    151
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    I must disagree on the grounds that is depends on your weight. What is "moderate" to one person may be different for others, all dependent upon their own body weight. The human body can't tell the difference between using 30% of your muscle, and 90%. Therefore, using a moderate weight such as one 30lb dumbell per arm, will build more muscle due to increased lactic acid flow, as opposed to a few high mass lifts. You should indeed be able to lift your own weight, but using it as a normal routine is not as efficient as repetition.
    What builds more muscles – weight or repetitions? – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs
    The subject at hand is not about normal routine, it's about how to gain muscle from scratch. In other words he doesn't work out and he wants to gain muscle. I'm saying to bulk muscle like that this is what you should do. You are right about repetition I know that. For example a good work out would be 3 sets of 10 reps each, and if you're just starting building muscle then you should be having trouble with the last couple reps of each set. If you are flying through the lifting with no trouble you aren't doing enough and you will just be toning the muscle. I think that sums up my side of the argument.

  3. #48
    WarAndRuin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Command Center.
    Posts
    201
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    294
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I would not suggest asking for advice here.




  4. #49
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post


    The subject at hand is not about normal routine, it's about how to gain muscle from scratch. In other words he doesn't work out and he wants to gain muscle. I'm saying to bulk muscle like that this is what you should do. You are right about repetition I know that. For example a good work out would be 3 sets of 10 reps each, and if you're just starting building muscle then you should be having trouble with the last couple reps of each set. If you are flying through the lifting with no trouble you aren't doing enough and you will just be toning the muscle. I think that sums up my side of the argument.
    I used repetition to build muscle originally.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  5. #50
    k0mrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    worcester, ma
    Posts
    1,343
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    151
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    I used repetition to build muscle originally.
    Repetition is how you're supposed to build muscle everybody knows that. I'm simply telling how to bulk muscle the fastest and most efficient way. As a ectomorph myself, it is difficult to build muscle. Simple repetition could never do it for me, I assure you that. It would make me tone, but to actually gain weight by building muscle I would need to lift as much as I possibly can while still using some repetition. Lifting more than your body weight is the fastest way to bulk muscle. Don't believe what some health writer for CNN tells you about a Canadian study. If you want the truth listen to the body builders.

  6. #51
    Mr-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Amused
    A: your body will make muscle at times of day and if you eat good you'll never have to work out. chicken is very good for muscle gain. also you can lift all you want... did you know a famous bodybuilder never lifted a weight?? just flexed his muscles a lot. i have a great build and all i do is work.. i'm a carpenter and a mason.... this man will never sit in office. lol. you can do 2 things.... bulk up or be cut... heavy weights will bulk you up...(make bigger) and the light weight will give you cut. (girls be like droolin) maybe... lol
    oh yeah if you skinny and eat a lot but dont gain weight cause of motabulisium then best bet is to eat chicken beef and veggies and maybe some pasta. eat food that fills you and stays with you.. i eat candy onces every 3 months if i decide to.. i'm into this kinda stuff and have stuff for the big to get small with out working out. eat! lol hope this helps you in some way.. if not you're more then welcome to ask.... also look on facebook for bodybuilders and start to talk to them. some of them was a toothpick too. hahahaha.
    and i'm 5'4 at 147lbs and dont take supplements. buy the food that does the same. a man should eat like a man give me my meat and veggies please i will be back for 3rds if i did not eat it all in the 2nd time lol.
    Last edited by Mr-T; 04-11-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: was not finished

  7. #52
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post


    Repetition is how you're supposed to build muscle everybody knows that. I'm simply telling how to bulk muscle the fastest and most efficient way. As a ectomorph myself, it is difficult to build muscle. Simple repetition could never do it for me, I assure you that. It would make me tone, but to actually gain weight by building muscle I would need to lift as much as I possibly can while still using some repetition. Lifting more than your body weight is the fastest way to bulk muscle. Don't believe what some health writer for CNN tells you about a Canadian study. If you want the truth listen to the body builders.
    I've been lifting for 7 years..I AM a bodybuilder. I can bench 275.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  8. #53
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post


    Repetition is how you're supposed to build muscle everybody knows that. I'm simply telling how to bulk muscle the fastest and most efficient way. As a ectomorph myself, it is difficult to build muscle. Simple repetition could never do it for me, I assure you that. It would make me tone, but to actually gain weight by building muscle I would need to lift as much as I possibly can while still using some repetition. Lifting more than your body weight is the fastest way to bulk muscle. Don't believe what some health writer for CNN tells you about a Canadian study. If you want the truth listen to the body builders.
    Everybody know creatine is the only way to bulk. Drink 2 litres of creatine, eat a bowl of creatine, lift 100kg of creatine. This is the key to building muscle brah.

  9. #54
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,514
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    I've been lifting for 7 years..I AM a bodybuilder. I can bench 275.
    Lol daum.
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  10. #55
    Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candy Kingdom
    Posts
    6,830
    Reputation
    588
    Thanks
    779
    My Mood
    Brooding
    call out lehysrus.

  11. #56
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post


    Lol daum.
    But you has dat MMA ninja skillzorz. I doesn't knowz how to fight, other than throwin punchies.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  12. #57
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,514
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    But you has dat MMA ninja skillzorz. I doesn't knowz how to fight, other than throwin punchies.
    I know a bit of MMA, but I'm very frail. Strength would be awesome.
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  13. #58
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    But you has dat MMA ninja skillzorz. I doesn't knowz how to fight, other than throwin punchies.
    I bet his skill won't mean shit if you come at him with a 250 pound bar.

  14. #59
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post


    I know a bit of MMA, but I'm very frail. Strength would be awesome.
    It's not as good as you would think in a fight. It means nothing if your opponent is quick and can dodge.


    ---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    I bet his skill won't mean shit if you come at him with a 250 pound bar.
    He could dodge it
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  15. #60
    k0mrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    worcester, ma
    Posts
    1,343
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    151
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    I've been lifting for 7 years..I AM a bodybuilder. I can bench 275.
    Is this supposed to help your argument? The thing is my body's characteristics are very similar to the OP's and I'm giving advice based on what worked for me. However your body's characteristics are obviously very far from mine or the OP's so I don't see what you're doing arguing my advice because of what worked for you.
    Explain yourself...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hacks just not working out
    By Itzmeee in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
  2. How to work out combat arms statistics
    By Dr.Dental in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
  3. How to work out the average EXP and GP You get in a year.
    By Spook in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
  4. Can this work out?
    By Noobkake in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM
  5. Working out.
    By Zhellbound in forum General
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 02:57 PM