Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry

    PayPal Chargeback Advise

    I'm trying to sell some virtual goods from my TF2 account but I'm hesitating because I have no experience with selling stuff and accepting payment. I have heard of the horror stories of people being chargeback loosing the item and money when the scammer request a chargeback.

    So my questions is for anyone with experience with paypal, is their a way to avoid this scam? I've herd of accepting only donations or gifts but there has to be more than that.

    And which is better? donation or gift?

    Please Halp ME

  2. #2
    Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Tijuana
    Posts
    23,269
    Reputation
    3495
    Thanks
    3,633
    My Mood
    Lurking
    gift is the best way.
     
    I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

  3. #3
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    I'm trying to sell some virtual goods from my TF2 account but I'm hesitating because I have no experience with selling stuff and accepting payment. I have heard of the horror stories of people being chargeback loosing the item and money when the scammer request a chargeback.

    So my questions is for anyone with experience with paypal, is their a way to avoid this scam? I've herd of accepting only donations or gifts but there has to be more than that.

    And which is better? donation or gift?

    Please Halp ME
    If they make the payment as a gift it is extremely hard for them to chargeback. Also, if you go the route of teamviewing them and doing the transaction yourself (highly advisable), what you do is do a chargeback claim on yourself, then cancel it with the message "I received everything.", and they won't be able to charge you back.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Maxedout (04-14-2013),[MPGH]Royce (04-14-2013)

  5. #4
    Jim Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canterlot, Equestria
    Posts
    12,487
    Reputation
    1061
    Thanks
    3,308
    I believe if you send it as a gift they can't chargeback.


    MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

    Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats


    Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50


    Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html

  6. #5
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,002
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,004
    My Mood
    Lurking
    go to skial or something and trade with someone who has a ton of rep.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo




    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  7. #6
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I been fucked over a lot with paypal when I sold hacked runescap accounts and rs gold.

  8. #7
    I EAT COCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    4,310
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    412
    You can't gift anymore, just tell them to write on notes" I will not disupute this payment, I already got the item I'm paying for" or something like that.

  9. #8
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    If they make the payment as a gift it is extremely hard for them to chargeback. Also, if you go the route of teamviewing them and doing the transaction yourself (highly advisable), what you do is do a chargeback claim on yourself, then cancel it with the message "I received everything.", and they won't be able to charge you back.
    1.Ok, I will make sure its done as a gift.

    2. Getting someone to agree to a TeamView seems very hard. They would be opening themselves allot, is their a technical way or easy way for me to explain the screen watch them. Would I just be watching them send me the money?

    3. So once I do the chargeback claim on myself, I wait for them to send a message saying they received everything. And then after all that, I then give them the item?

    Seems like they're putting their neck out there a little too much. hmm

    4. Arun said I should record the whole transaction with Fraps, would video of the sort be able to dispel and chargeback claim?



    Thanks for the response.

  10. #9
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    1.Ok, I will make sure its done as a gift.

    2. Getting someone to agree to a TeamView seems very hard. They would be opening themselves allot, is their a technical way or easy way for me to explain the screen watch them. Would I just be watching them send me the money?

    3. So once I do the chargeback claim on myself, I wait for them to send a message saying they received everything. And then after all that, I then give them the item?

    Seems like they're putting their neck out there a little too much. hmm

    4. Arun said I should record the whole transaction with Fraps, would video of the sort be able to dispel and chargeback claim?



    Thanks for the response.
    Well with the TV you would be using their paypal to do a chargeback, and then cancel it. So it would look like they paid you, they charged back, then they cancelled. But if you just screen view them and walk them through that I'm sure it would be fine. As for Arun's suggestion, it's good but it won't hold because PayPal's buyer protection or whatever the dick it's called doesn't cover virtual items, so they favor the buyer in that situation.

  11. #10
    I am the genesis of the new generation
    Premium Member
    Tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Penthouse
    Posts
    2,902
    Reputation
    264
    Thanks
    520
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Provide evidence of him selling it and him getting the accessory. Or get a MM, they know what to do.

    ---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    1.Ok, I will make sure its done as a gift.

    2. Getting someone to agree to a TeamView seems very hard. They would be opening themselves allot, is their a technical way or easy way for me to explain the screen watch them. Would I just be watching them send me the money?

    3. So once I do the chargeback claim on myself, I wait for them to send a message saying they received everything. And then after all that, I then give them the item?

    Seems like they're putting their neck out there a little too much. hmm

    4. Arun said I should record the whole transaction with Fraps, would video of the sort be able to dispel and chargeback claim?



    Thanks for the response.
    Yes, video tape it so they know the whole thing.

  12. #11
    sidhant9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    566
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    I been fucked over a lot with paypal when I sold hacked runescap accounts and rs gold.
    Nice past...

  13. #12
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by sidhant9 View Post
    Nice past...
    Nice post.



    Seriously, type more than 2 words.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inl,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  14. #13
    sidhant9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    566
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    Nice post.



    Seriously, type more than 500 rainbows.
    ok ill write in 700000000000 rainbows? good?

  15. #14
    People aren't against you;
    They are for themselves

    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    12,196
    Reputation
    1559
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gifting is usually the best

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaScratch View Post
    He's the hero MPGH deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
    MPGH Minion+ 2/2/2016 - 8/9/2016
    CockSucker 7/24/2015 - 7/25/2015
    Other Semi-popular FPS Hacks Minion 12/27/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Combat Arms Minion 11/4/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Maplestory Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    League of Legends Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    Other FPS Hacks Minion 5/31/15 - 8/9/2016
    Minecraft Marketplace Minion 6/18/15 - 9/15/2015
    Combat Arms Marketplace Minion 4/05/15 - 6/2/15
    Marketplace Minion 8/1/14 - 6/2/15
    MPGH Minion 8/1/14 - 2/2/2016

    Official Middle Man 12/12/13 - 6/2/15
    Member 11/15/09 - Current

  16. #15
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Well with the TV you would be using their paypal to do a chargeback, and then cancel it. So it would look like they paid you, they charged back, then they cancelled. But if you just screen view them and walk them through that I'm sure it would be fine. As for Arun's suggestion, it's good but it won't hold because PayPal's buyer protection or whatever the dick it's called doesn't cover virtual items, so they favor the buyer in that situation.

    Ahhh, I tried that with someone else and they were like fuck THAT!




    Quote Originally Posted by sidhant9 View Post
    Nice past...
    U, GTFO my thread.
    (Im itching to have you banned so play with it)

    ---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by HuxJr View Post
    Gifting is usually the best
    On that note, gifting is allowed anymore.

    You can only sell due to service of goods.

    Or friends and family.


    No Donation, or Gifting is allowed anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Paypal chargeback
    By lan03 in forum Exploits
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:54 PM
  2. [Solved] How Do I 100% Prevent a Chargeback on Paypal?
    By -Silverz in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM
  3. [Help] Paypal and chargeback!!! URGENT!! NEED HELP!!
    By Hurkancs in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Helbreath Inter Supports Paypal?
    By Dave84311 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 03:09 PM