Thread: Oh, America

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Malto View Post

Back then?
    -South korea didn't try to take over the world, north korea has. (Quite a few times...)
    -South korea does have freedom, it isn't a communist country. May not have as much freedom as other certain countries, but it does have freedom.
    At the end of WW2 the US and USSR divided Korea into two sectors along the 38th parallel (if I'm not mistaken), North Korea belonging to Soviets and South Korea belonging to US, the USSR setup a communist type country in the North and the US set up the South. What I meant by being pushed out is Japan who conquered Korea at the time was defeated and lost all territories conquered by force. Therefore Korea had been defeated in their own land and then defeated again in their own land and then got controlled and dealt with by the Soviet Union and the United States. The Soviet backed Korean-Japanese military was defeated in the Southern section of the peninsula by the US and forced into the Northern sector until the agreement to divide the sectors into two countries was decided by the US and USSR. These are all facts, so if you try to argue me anymore you're just plain stupid. South Korea may have a few freedoms, but freedom is more of a you got it or you don't type of thing. Both Koreas are both pretty much the same in that kind of way.
    The One and Only...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    [QUOTE=Snowkip;7987541 What I meant by being pushed out is Japan who conquered Korea at the time was defeated and lost all territories conquered by force. Therefore Korea had been defeated in their own land and then defeated again in their own land and then got controlled and dealt with by the Soviet Union and the United States. The Soviet backed Korean-Japanese military was defeated in the Southern section of the peninsula by the US and forced into the Northern sector until the agreement to divide the sectors into two countries was decided by the US and USSR.[/QUOTE]
    North korea attempted to invade south korea, the united states, with little help from the UN pushed NK troops back to their side of the 38th parallel, and pushed them even further to the boarder of china. When china got involved, the united states fired the general at the time, and they all settled back to the way it was before the war. I can't tell if that's what you're saying or not....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123