Thread: Liberator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Actually, you are wrong. The Liberator documents give the individual pieces for a fully working single-shot .308 caliber pistol, the only extra piece needed is a nail to be used as a firing pin.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

3D printing plastic is too weak to support an automatic firearm. You need a 3d laser-etching tool to be able to make a proper assault rifle that won't weaken after ten shots non-stop. Less you want to blow your hand off, then by all means, go ahead.
    actually the same people who made the liberator, defense dist., made a plastic AR-15 lower that automatically fired 100 rounds consecutively (if i remember correctly) with no issues. and there is no danger involved in a lower receiver breaking. of course the rest of the assault rifle was normal just the lower was plastic.
    The One and Only...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    actually the same people who made the liberator, defense dist., made a plastic AR-15 lower that automatically fired 100 rounds consecutively (if i remember correctly) with no issues. and there is no danger involved in a lower receiver breaking. of course the rest of the assault rifle was normal just the lower was plastic.
    They still used metal parts of an AR15. So it wasn't really strong enough to hold the presure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

3D printers have primarily been for prototype models. Creating the first working firearm from a 3D printer is a massive push towards what could come next. Considering that the parts conclude to be over 20 pieces to be fit together, it's basically a hard plastic version of a pistol. As I said before, a laser etching printer would work better.
    I honestly don't like the idea of completely printable plastic firearms. Sounds to me like the government might try to take away the real guns and say we can have some plastic shit instead...
    The One and Only...

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I honestly don't like the idea of completely printable plastic firearms. Sounds to me like the government might try to take away the real guns and say we can have some plastic shit instead...
    Don't worry about that, the Government has already forced the company that created the plans and the gun to remove them from the internet. Luckily I already downloaded them, along with another 400,000 people LOL. You can find them on The Pirate Bay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Don't worry about that, the Government has already forced the company that created the plans and the gun to remove them from the internet. Luckily I already downloaded them, along with another 400,000 people LOL. You can find them on The Pirate Bay.
    I have no need for plastic guns so no thanks! I don't even have a printer for that and besides I have plenty of the real thing right here.
    The One and Only...

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I have no need for plastic guns so no thanks! I don't even have a printer for that and besides I have plenty of the real thing right here.
    3 grand for a basic 3D printer. A friend of mine has one but he works on microcontroller design, not worth the materials if you don't already have it IMO. I can easily just go to Newark and get an AK47 for 300 bucks if I wanted to. Those fuckers will sell you anything for Dope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

3 grand for a basic 3D printer. A friend of mine has one but he works on microcontroller design, not worth the materials if you don't already have it IMO. I can easily just go to Newark and get an AK47 for 300 bucks if I wanted to. Those fuckers will sell you anything for Dope.
    OR, you could legally buy a M4/AR15 16" upper for around $500-600, use your friend to print out the fully functional lower receiver from Defense Dist., buy the other lower parts ($150) and now you legally own a fully automatic custom M4 Carbine for under $1000 and without dealing with the government.
    The One and Only...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12