Thread: Hide programs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639

    Hide programs?

    Does anyone know how to hide an installed game?
    For example if i would download Steam & another game in steam, is there a way to lock and hide it?
    And you can only find it back if you write some code or so?
    And if i say hide it, i mean you literally hide it so you wouldn't find it anywhere back on the computer.

    Because i cba to download and uninstall every 2 weeks on my dad's new gaming laptop XD

  2. #2
    Domokun_index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,961
    Reputation
    336
    Thanks
    1,235
    You can make your Steam library private if that's what you're asking?

  3. #3
    Kallisti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,040
    Reputation
    52
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    In Love
    "literally hide it so you wouldn't find it anywhere back on the computer"

    no you cannot.

    未来が見えなくて怖いから
    未来が見えてしまって悲しいから
    目を閉じて優しい思い出に浸ってしまう




  4. #4
    MASTERlOGl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    675
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    42
    My Mood
    Bored
    I dont believe you can..and why would you want to hide your Steam folder anyways?I see no need for this unless your trying to hide some porn huehuehue

     
    Skype: master.og

     
    1 - Jack Hook (AWWWESOME!!!) Hugo Boss/Lion King was used as MM + Vouch
    1 - LeagueOfLegendsRocks (KUKRI ROYAL, HELL YEAHS) No middleman was used. + Vouch
    1 - Unit113 (M4A1 ROYAL & MAUSER, FUCKK YEAH!) No middleman used + Vouch
    1 - Crazybloo (4 XMAS WEAPONS, INSANE!) Approved. was used as MM + Vouch, serious trader!
    [/LEFT]1 - Atlantafalcons (M4 OCTANE, HEKKAS BRO!)No MM used, skype trade.
    + Vouch
    1
    - crazybloo (SOLD FOR $120 PAYPAL) I went first, most trusted Girl on MPGH! + Vouch
    1
    - ok1234 (SOLD AN ACCOUNT TO HIM) he went first, legit guy. + vouch
    1 - Ezreal Brah (SOLD AN ACCOUNT TO HIM)He went first + Vouch, legit guy

  5. #5
    Raple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    3093
    Thanks
    8,387
    There's a way to make icons/files invisible.

    1) Right-click the icon you want to make invisible and in the menu that appears choose Properties.
    2) Press the Change Icon button.
    3) Click the Browse button and locate the file Shell32.dll in your Windows\System32 directory.
    4) Find a transparent icon (it looks like a blank space between other icons), select it and press OK.
    5) To hide the label, right-click it and choose Rename. Hold the Alt key and dial 0160 on the numeric keyboard (the Num Lock key must be on).


    The next step requires changing the Registry settings. Be very careful about it and make sure that you change exactly what is written here!


    6) In some versions of Windows you may have a small arrow remaining on the desktop at this point. To hide it, go to the Start menu, click Run and enter regedit.exe. Locate the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Inkfile' registry key, delete the IsShortcut parameter and restart the computer.



    Also, just make everything in Steam private, hide it with the method above, done.


     
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    I NEED TO HELP PEOPLE IN HOUSTON TX UNBAN ME I don't deserve to be banned ever! I am damn near A perfect users do I look like "Dildotheking" to you guys??? I can see him being banned this long but not me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    I am not very happy about this. Now I have to live with two infractions for the rest of my LIFE!! Over a little spamming. That's like me going to jail for 934563498 years for jaywalking. Now I have to hang and chat with the other low lives with infractions!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    Hello, I would like to request Admin for A day. I have been in leader positions in certain things such as Roblox So I would hope you guys let me one day get od or Admin for A day
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    Do not deal with this DEMON!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    THIS GUY IS THE DEVIL!!! TRIED TO SCAM ME!


    Global Moderator - October 2017
    Official News Team - June 2017
    Official Publicist - May 2017
    Moderator - May 2017
    Other MMORPGs Minion - May 2017
    Steam Minion - May 2017
    Minecraft Minion - May 2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - May 2017




     



    The journey is over, I am finally GM. Thank you if you supported me.

  6. #6
    Kallisti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,040
    Reputation
    52
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhmazed View Post
    There's a way to make icons/files invisible.

    1) Right-click the icon you want to make invisible and in the menu that appears choose Properties.
    2) Press the Change Icon button.
    3) Click the Browse button and locate the file Shell32.dll in your Windows\System32 directory.
    4) Find a transparent icon (it looks like a blank space between other icons), select it and press OK.
    5) To hide the label, right-click it and choose Rename. Hold the Alt key and dial 0160 on the numeric keyboard (the Num Lock key must be on).


    The next step requires changing the Registry settings. Be very careful about it and make sure that you change exactly what is written here!


    6) In some versions of Windows you may have a small arrow remaining on the desktop at this point. To hide it, go to the Start menu, click Run and enter regedit.exe. Locate the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Inkfile' registry key, delete the IsShortcut parameter and restart the computer.



    Also, just make everything in Steam private, hide it with the method above, done.
    the files are still there if you just do a directory listing

    未来が見えなくて怖いから
    未来が見えてしまって悲しいから
    目を閉じて優しい思い出に浸ってしまう




  7. #7
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhmazed View Post
    There's a way to make icons/files invisible.

    1) Right-click the icon you want to make invisible and in the menu that appears choose Properties.
    2) Press the Change Icon button.
    3) Click the Browse button and locate the file Shell32.dll in your Windows\System32 directory.
    4) Find a transparent icon (it looks like a blank space between other icons), select it and press OK.
    5) To hide the label, right-click it and choose Rename. Hold the Alt key and dial 0160 on the numeric keyboard (the Num Lock key must be on).


    The next step requires changing the Registry settings. Be very careful about it and make sure that you change exactly what is written here!


    6) In some versions of Windows you may have a small arrow remaining on the desktop at this point. To hide it, go to the Start menu, click Run and enter regedit.exe. Locate the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Inkfile' registry key, delete the IsShortcut parameter and restart the computer.



    Also, just make everything in Steam private, hide it with the method above, done.
    This is pretty complicated, and i don't want to fuck up his pc

  8. #8
    Raple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,430
    Reputation
    3093
    Thanks
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarium View Post


    the files are still there if you just do a directory listing
    His Dad bought a gaming laptop for watching movies.
    I'm sure he isn't smart enough to do a directory listing.


     
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    I NEED TO HELP PEOPLE IN HOUSTON TX UNBAN ME I don't deserve to be banned ever! I am damn near A perfect users do I look like "Dildotheking" to you guys??? I can see him being banned this long but not me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    I am not very happy about this. Now I have to live with two infractions for the rest of my LIFE!! Over a little spamming. That's like me going to jail for 934563498 years for jaywalking. Now I have to hang and chat with the other low lives with infractions!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    Hello, I would like to request Admin for A day. I have been in leader positions in certain things such as Roblox So I would hope you guys let me one day get od or Admin for A day
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    Do not deal with this DEMON!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    THIS GUY IS THE DEVIL!!! TRIED TO SCAM ME!


    Global Moderator - October 2017
    Official News Team - June 2017
    Official Publicist - May 2017
    Moderator - May 2017
    Other MMORPGs Minion - May 2017
    Steam Minion - May 2017
    Minecraft Minion - May 2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - May 2017




     



    The journey is over, I am finally GM. Thank you if you supported me.

  9. #9
    `Rejected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Basement :D
    Posts
    3,826
    Reputation
    616
    Thanks
    5,823
    You would have to delete the steam icon and hide the folder which your games are saved.
    SOCIAL ENGINEERING SECTION! - FREE EBOOKS AND METHODS! CLICK ME

    THANK ME
    And be thankful that you thanked me
    Im so wise


     
    Send me a PM or at me on skype
    Skype - theretardedpig

  10. #10
    yugurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,410
    Reputation
    364
    Thanks
    682
    You could partition your hdd and have a separate steam+game on there- Only way too open or know what is in the partition is with a password.

  11. #11
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Change steam icon to Internet Explorer icon.

  12. #12
    Youtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location Location Location!
    Posts
    3,328
    Reputation
    1175
    Thanks
    477
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Hide files? You could make a batch file I guess..
    Code:
    @echo off
    title i lub boobies
    Echo. To prevent any errors, make sure the file you'd like to hide is in the same fol-der as this batch/exe program.
    Echo. Also, If it's not an entire folder, make sure you write the files extension too[i.e File.txt]
    Echo. What file would you like to hide?
    Set /p Ans=
    If %Ans%==Reveal goto R
    Attrib +H .\%Ans% /s /d
    Msg * Done!
    exit
    :R
    cls
    Echo. What file would you like to reveal?
    set /p Ans2=
    Attrib -H .\%Ans2% /s /d
    Msg * Done!
    exit
    @Denelf
    1) Copy and paste the code into a new text file
    2) Save the text file with a .bat extension
    3) Type in the name of the program you'd like to hide
    4) To un-hide, simply type in "Reveal" instead of the first file name and type the name of the file/folder you left hidden.
    Capital letters matter! Make sure that if the files name is "test.txt" You actually write "test.txt" and not i.e. "Test.txt" or else it wont work..
    Last edited by Youtro; 06-09-2013 at 08:42 AM.



  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Youtro For This Useful Post:

    krikavka (06-09-2013)

  14. #13
    InfernoClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    73
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    why would you do that?

  15. #14
    Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12,318
    Reputation
    1658
    Thanks
    1,935
    Why don't you just get off his PC? It's not yours to fuck with, so don't fuck with it.
    '08 MPGH OG

    You get the bag and fumble it
    I get the bag and flip it and tumble it
    Straight out the lot, 300 cash
    And the car came with a blunt in it
    Lil mama a thot, and she got ass
    And she gon' fuck up a bag
    Pull up to the spot, livin' too fast
    Droppin' the dope in the stash
    In Italy, got two foreign hoes, they DM me
    Drop the top when it's cold
    But you feel the heat
    Be real with me, just be real with me
    Eat it up like it's a feast
    They say the dope on fleek

  16. #15
    Dreamer.JR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,567
    Reputation
    624
    Thanks
    565
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    downloading porn on your dad's computer I see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hiding hacks from recording programs
    By windyrulz in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 06:15 AM
  2. IP Hide Program
    By cagalhao1 in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM
  3. Hiding programs on your task bar
    By H3ARTbreaker in forum Combat Arms Tutorials
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 07:15 AM
  4. [Release] Best IP hiding program..
    By Osama_Farooq in forum CrossFire Tutorials
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 04:53 AM
  5. How To Hide CA Program
    By combatarmshaxor247 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:59 PM