OMFG is that photoshoped or not? CUZ I CAN'T TELL :OOO
    You tell me.
    Felicior Augusto, melior Traiano

Thanks
    Sigh .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Whilst all you PS4 fanboys are circle jerking each other, let me tell you this:

If you think for a second Microsoft doesn't know what they're doing, you are being utterly ignorant - this Xbox was planned very thuroughly by Microsoft. It has fought a million wars you fanboys can't even acknowledge. Are you all convinced Microsoft thought it would get a positive rap from DRM - its called optimization - something Sony never figured out when they decided to put the PS1, the PS2 and the PS3 and sell them as one console (they lost a LOT of money on that console)

Which would've been fine - except sony encouraged people to use their console for things other than video games (yeah - installing custom OSs was removed later) let me tell you why:
    The idea of selling a console is that it _ASSUMES_ you will buy video games. It is okay for there to be a loss on console sale because it is safe to assume that the console will have games and content purchased for it. When someone hacks the console to get a custom OS on there (or if the publishers are stupid enough to allow you to do it in the first place - like sony was before correcting this mistake late in the game) then this assumption is no longer valid. People will puchase consoles for purposes other than to play video games - and there will be a huge loss in profits.

Microsoft created the Xbox for a million internal wars (OpenGl vs Direct, .Net, XNA) amongst captivating developers - while you shallow fanboys will never appreciate this and will simply pass this off as 'PS4 being morally proper cocksuckers for their consumers', I will let you know that you are doing so ignorantly.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    does it come with a free taco?

My games;

x

Threadstarter
    King of great Arche Seleukeia
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post

If you think for a second Microsoft doesn't know what they're doing, you are being utterly ignorant - this Xbox was planned very thuroughly by Microsoft. It has fought a million wars you fanboys can't even acknowledge. Are you all convinced Microsoft thought it would get a positive rap from DRM - its called optimization - something Sony never figured out when they decided to put the PS1, the PS2 and the PS3 and sell them as one console (they lost a LOT of money on that console)

Which would've been fine - except sony encouraged people to use their console for things other than video games (yeah - installing custom OSs was removed later) let me tell you why:
    The idea of selling a console is that it _ASSUMES_ you will buy video games. It is okay for there to be a loss on console sale because it is safe to assume that the console will have games and content purchased for it. When someone hacks the console to get a custom OS on there (or if the publishers are stupid enough to allow you to do it in the first place - like sony was before correcting this mistake late in the game) then this assumption is no longer valid. People will puchase consoles for purposes other than to play video games - and there will be a huge loss in profits.

Microsoft created the Xbox for a million internal wars (OpenGl vs Direct, .Net, XNA) amongst captivating developers - while you shallow fanboys will never appreciate this and will simply pass this off as 'PS4 being morally proper cocksuckers for their consumers', I will let you know that you are doing so ignorantly.
    Let's face it pc owns both

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulz$ecurity View Post
    Let's face it pc owns both
    I agree, but you also have to appreciate this:

If Sony wins the war, so does its platform. So does OpenGL. If developers are absorbed by OpenGL - PC won't be the primary target platform for games anymore. OpenGL is also the primary graphics framework for every single one of Microsoft's competitors.

This is my point - this console war means a lot more to Microsoft than it does to Sony. To think that they made a stupid decision just because you [not you in particular, but PS4 circle jerkers] can't appreciate the depth and optimization behind it is incredibly ignorant.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Threadstarter
    King of great Arche Seleukeia
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    I agree, but you also have to appreciate this:

If Sony wins the war, so does its platform. So does OpenGL. If developers are absorbed by OpenGL - PC won't be the primary target platform for games anymore. OpenGL is also the primary graphics framework for every single one of Microsoft's competitors.

This is my point - this console war means a lot more to Microsoft than it does to Sony. To think that they made a stupid decision just because you [not you in particular, but PS4 circle jerkers] can't appreciate the depth and optimization behind it is incredibly ignorant.
    Agreed.......

Thanks
    Current situation:

My games;

x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (06-12-2013),Julma Henri (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    That may be true, but nobody realises that. If you were to say this on some gaming thread, or /r/gaming, everybody would laugh at you and call you an idiot. What I am trying to say is that Sony has earned the consumers attention, which is all it takes.

"It doesn't matter who the people voted for; they always vote for us".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by s8n. View Post
    That may be true, but nobody realises that. If you were to say this on some gaming thread, or /r/gaming, everybody would laugh at you and call you an idiot. What I am trying to say is that Sony has earned the consumers attention, which is all it takes.
    The question is - is it enough consumer attention to conter-act the loss of developer attention?

How many exclusives did Sony lose to MS this year (a legit question, I actually don't know, but I am going to assume a few)

Thanks
    The question is - is it enough consumer attention to conter-act the loss of developer attention?

How many exclusives did Sony lose to MS this year (a legit question, I actually don't know, but I am going to assume a few)
    uhh, if i recall correctly the launch tittles for MS v PS4 are 38 v...34ishh 8 exclusives to xbox and like 3-4 for the PS.
    EDIT; here
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.

My games;

x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

It's funny that you're calling the PS4 advocates fanboys yet this is the 2nd thread I've seen you in where you seem to be defending MS to an extent.

>PS4=NOT REGION LOCKED
    >PS4=NO DRM HORSESHIT MONEY GRUBBING
    >PS4=100 DOLLARS CHEAPER THAN XBONE
    >PS4=DDR5 VS. DDR3
    PS4=LESS RESTRICTION, IE; NOT BUNDLED WITH KINNECT THAT'S ALWAYS ON AND YOU CAN PLAY YOUR GAMES OFFLINE WHENEVER YOU WANT.
    PS4=MORE GEARED TOWARDS GAMERS AND NOT YOUR AVERAGE NECKBEARD COUCH POTATO.

I don't plan on getting either one of these consoles, because I am a dedicated pc gamer, but seriously give it a goddamn rest already jet.
    My unbiased opinion is that anyone in their right mind in the market for a next gen console will be better off with the PS4.If you look past all of the semantics and go back to plain and simple logic you will understand PS4's stance completely, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides the one implementation of PS+ charges and the obvious hardware upgrades, you are left with a company that has proven to be successful with the continuity of core gamer needs. The one serious change PS has made if anything would ensure it's player bases security, that being the PN+ charge, which mind you Xbox has been doing since gen 1 consoles.
    While being the good guy in not charging players access to online gaming, they realized that it's security could be compromised which it has been. They learned from their mistakes and with that monthly charge they can implement tighter security measures while not constricting profit.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-12-2013 at 06:12 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (06-12-2013)