Thread: SpaceSniffer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962

    SpaceSniffer

    I have another recommendation for useful applications.
    Not for android this time, it's for windows.

    SpaceSniffer, find lost disk space the easy way.

    It's a great way to see what takes up space in your HDD's.
    It's fast and efficient, I previously used TreePie to determine what took the most space.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenocide For This Useful Post:

    Borndel (06-13-2013),KillTheNoise (06-13-2013)

  3. #2
    KillTheNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Depression
    Posts
    4,845
    Reputation
    822
    Thanks
    2,198
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    I have another recommendation for useful applications.
    Not for android this time, it's for windows.

    SpaceSniffer, find lost disk space the easy way.

    It's a great way to see what takes up space in your HDD's.
    It's fast and efficient, I previously used TreePie to determine what took the most space.
    i never tryed this "looking for lost disk space" seems like it could be good thanks

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to KillTheNoise For This Useful Post:

    Xenocide (06-13-2013)

  5. #3
    Tamashimasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    507
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    52
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I just let everything build up and reformat when i feel i have to much shit.

  6. #4
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Enjoy !

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post
    I just let everything build up and reformat when i feel i have to much shit.
    That seems pretty, inefficient.

  7. #5
    Tamashimasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    507
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    52
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Enjoy !



    That seems pretty, inefficient.
    Meh probably but I'm lazy and just starting fresh every couple months is easier than constantly trying to conserve/make space.

  8. #6
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post


    Meh probably but I'm lazy and just starting fresh every couple months is easier than constantly trying to conserve/make space.
    I guess, my tip to you is to use VMware or something then, because that way you can save time as well.

  9. #7
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Good thing i just use multiple hardrives.
    Once im tired of an instance i just reset it and change to next OS.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  10. #8
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
    Good thing i just use multiple hardrives.
    Once im tired of an instance i just reset it and change to next OS.
    Why would you do that?

  11. #9
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post


    Why would you do that?
    I have multiple windows and linux distros instaled.
    Sometimes i just get tired of windows and somethimes i get tired of terminaling linux.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  12. #10
    Music.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,796
    Reputation
    257
    Thanks
    557
    My Mood
    Cool
    dis is coolio.

  13. #11
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post


    I have multiple windows and linux distros instaled.
    Sometimes i just get tired of windows and somethimes i get tired of terminaling linux.
    But I don't get why you would reset in-between.
    Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Music. View Post
    dis is coolio.
    Yus, it is.

  14. #12
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post


    But I don't get why you would reset in-between.
    Or did I misunderstand what you meant?



    Yus, it is.
    Besides general hardware maintenance i like to make sure the system doesn't leave any trash behind.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  15. #13
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post

    Besides general hardware maintenance i like to make sure the system doesn't leave any trash behind.
    Ah, I guess I might be considered a hoarder.
    I still have shit on this one back from like '08 or something.

  16. #14
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post


    Ah, I guess I might be considered a hoarder.
    I still have shit on this one back from like '08 or something.
    I still have shit from 1990's so yeah.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  17. #15
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post

    I still have shit from 1990's so yeah.
    My PC from '98 suffered a terrible HDD failure and I lost all my shiz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast