Thread: PS4 Fanboys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    I have 2 360's, and they've been running without an issue for 6 years.
    The two I got was when they first came out and they rushed making them so they were all shit. So I stopped playing only got it for halo 2 and a few other games like fable hated that I had to pay for online even tho I already payed for internet.

  2. #32
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    What it means is absolutely nothing. Xbox could throw in 20 different next-gen processors into their console and all it tells us is they had to spend a lot more money to get the hardware working well with the software.

    The hardware of a console tells us nothing because none of us know anything about the factors MS used to optimize the price with hardware with software with performance.

    When it comes to a computer, if you get a next-gen graphics card for a office computer and sell against your competitor which is a little more expensive but it lacks the next gen graphics card and comes with an office suit, that doesn't make the office computer with a next-gen graphics card any better, it makes it a waste of money,
    >Sony didn't jack up the price due to the newer RAM.
    >MS revealed at E3 XBones RAM utilizes 5 Gb for gaming, 3 for OS, so they did tell us how it is going to work.

    Also you just made a comparison about a graphics card in an office suit, against next-generation graphics RAM for a video game console. I don't know if you've noticed Jet, but video game consoles are made to be able to play video games well, and having a lack in hardware isn't exactly going to help that cause. There is no comparison there. A comparison would be an PC manufacturer selling an Office PC with a full office Suit, and a competitor selling an Office PC with half of an Office Suit, but the competitor has a lot more features that you can buy on top of what is available as well is more expensive for the ability to buy those features. That's the only comparison that can be made there, because talking about an Office PC with a next gen GPU versus RAM in a video game console that NEEDS TO UTILIZE IT is COMPLETELY different.

  3. #33
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    PC has way more cons then the damn xbox one anyways.
    You've got to be fucking kidding me..


    ---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Not true at all. The PC can do a fuck load more shit than the XBone nigga, and there are adapters to run Cable through a PC. There are ways to control the PC using voice commands, and you can connect an infrared webcam to the PC and emulate the Kinect. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen people hack the Kinect and connect it to their PC before as well. A PC doesn't have to be connect to the internet to work, you can play almost any game, you can upgrade the hardware and the software at will, you can control every aspect about it, you can get all of the "features" XBone offers for free online, you can connect game controllers to the PC, need I go on?

    No way are there more cons to the PC.


    ---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------



    GDDR5 is double the speed of DDR5. Half of the 8 GB will be used for the OS, and the other half for games. This means while the PS4's OS is running in the background, you can play a game with the same hardware requirements as the XBone without any delay or hold up. It leaves a lot more to be available for any future features.
    It's actually PS4'S DDR5 Vs. Xbones DDR3 not sure if that's what you meant or not, I'm guessing you just didn't proof read your post.

  4. #34
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    >Sony didn't jack up the price due to the newer RAM.
    >MS revealed at E3 XBones RAM utilizes 5 Gb for gaming, 3 for OS, so they did tell us how it is going to work.

    Also you just made a comparison about a graphics card in an office suit, against next-generation graphics RAM for a video game console. I don't know if you've noticed Jet, but video game consoles are made to be able to play video games well, and having a lack in hardware isn't exactly going to help that cause. There is no comparison there. A comparison would be an PC manufacturer selling an Office PC with a full office Suit, and a competitor selling an Office PC with half of an Office Suit, but the competitor has a lot more features that you can buy on top of what is available as well is more expensive for the ability to buy those features. That's the only comparison that can be made there, because talking about an Office PC with a next gen GPU versus RAM in a video game console that NEEDS TO UTILIZE IT is COMPLETELY different.
    Just because the Xbox is ultimately more expensive doesn't mean its price wasn't optimized. Inside of the xbox is some incredibly expensive software and hardware (i.e, the Kinect)

    Having an excess of hardware will harm the cause. Having an excess of hardware power and a lack of software optimization is more expensive than having an excess of software optimization and a lack of hardware power.

    The hardware optimization is a lot more complex then "MS revealed at E3 XBones RAM utilizes 5 Gb for gaming, 3 for OS, so they did tell us how it is going to work."

    They probably did numerous stress tests, among other things, to eliminate expensive hardware where they could and move it into software development or other hardware.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-14-2013 at 05:24 PM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  5. #35
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    900$+ just to play a game with 20 more fps. Some games might not work with your OS some games might not work right with your GFX card. Might have to spend more money to upgrade when new games come out. 10 year old fags can ddos you. Your game accounts can be hacked. Hackers with aimbot opk and so on. Computer may crash when ever it feels like. Can get blue screen of death. Have to sit in one spot to play (oh you can move with a laptop. You are fucking dumb if you got a laptop for gaming) have to use keybored and mouse or the shit pc controllers that you have to map out for ever game you play. Wasn't talking about webcams and cable was talking about games. You people don't get the point we are talking about console not computer. We are talking about a little fucking box that plays games in your living room on your tv not a PC. I don't care about your 20 more fps or playing with a little bit more GFX.
    First of all, I wasn't bashing consoles, I am pointing out that what you said is wrong.
    Now, let's begin:
    1: You can build a mid-tier gaming rig for 600$.
    2: If you're running Windows the only games that won't work for the OS are the games little shit Apple games, compared to the million+ games for Windows-specifically, that's a no brainer. On top of which if you buy an XBox exclusive game you can't play it on a Playstation, which is in the same ballpark as "different OS" considering they both utilize different Operating Systems. That argument is invalid.
    3: I have never heard of a game "not working on a specific graphics card". The only time I have ever heard this that is not based upon user error is when someone either CrossfireX's or SLI's multiple cards together, and in that it is still very rare. I even checked Google before responding to make sure, my former stands.
    4: If you spend the money you have properly you can last a good ten years with a rig, or in the very least 6 years, which would cost about 400-500 bucks for a new console, you can buy a mid-tier GPU and more RAM for 300 which will last another 6 years.
    5: If you know how to protect your network you can't be DDoS'd. Easier than that, just unplug the router for ten seconds, plug it back in, and BOOM, new IP.
    6: If you're a fucking moron and either have a shitty password such as "password", or if you download stupid shit without testing it and have a shitty AV, then yes you can. If you're even the tiniest tidbit smart you can easily avoid being hacked. Oh, and both MS and Sony have been hacked, so that throws out that argument.
    7: Then just join a different server. There are thousands more servers for PC games if it's a dedicated game, if not then just hit the matchmaking button and find a different server. Oh, and Modded XBox's have hacks for many games, so that throws out that argument.
    8: Goes along with the entire "don't be a fucking dumbass" clause. Computer will only crash if you hook your hardware up like a dumbass, or if you download stupid shit and fuck with it like a dumbass.
    9: Read Ring of Death. Read Brick of Death. Orange Light of Death. Yeah, consoles have that too, WITHOUT the diagnostic screen.
    10: Move your monitor. There are such things as gaming laptops, and you can build them yourself. You can connect BOTH XBox and PS controllers to your computer. They work exactly as they are supposed to. There is software out there that automaps controls, and it takes less than a minute to map it all out unless you are illiterate.
    11: XBone has Kinect, I was talking about the webcams and cable as it is on par.

    You don't seem to understand that I was simply refuting your previous statement, in which you listed all of the problems of USER error. Maybe if you didn't continue with the whole "there are more cons to PC's" bullshit, this entire argument would have not continued. Your statements are false, and completely opinionated, hence why I called you out on them. And if you're so hellbent on "we're talking about consoles", THEN STOP FUCKING TRYING TO SAY CONSOLES ARE BETTER. Jesus fucking Christ.

    Oh, and for your "little box that sits in the living room and plays game", yeah, gaming consoles do that shit, but XBone isn't a GAMING CONSOLE, AS MICROSOFT SAID THEMSELVES IT IS AN ENTERTAINMENT CONSOLE.

    You bring up the argument, and then say to not continue with the argument. Being a fucking hypocrite doesn't make you correct.


    ---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post
    not to mention our eyes can only really notice 30-60fps so like its pointless really..
    Unlike what was posted above me, the hardware is not about increasing the FPS. The hardware is to allow more freedom to developers to create more dynamic and intrinsic games that allow them to boost the quality of the game and the gameplay without losing the FPS that is considered the safe zone.

    Did I ever say anything about FPS? No, you two did, refuting something that was not even said is pathetic.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (06-14-2013)

  7. #36
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    First of all, I wasn't bashing consoles, I am pointing out that what you said is wrong.
    Now, let's begin:
    1: You can build a mid-tier gaming rig for 600$.
    2: If you're running Windows the only games that won't work for the OS are the games little shit Apple games, compared to the million+ games for Windows-specifically, that's a no brainer. On top of which if you buy an XBox exclusive game you can't play it on a Playstation, which is in the same ballpark as "different OS" considering they both utilize different Operating Systems. That argument is invalid.
    3: I have never heard of a game "not working on a specific graphics card". The only time I have ever heard this that is not based upon user error is when someone either CrossfireX's or SLI's multiple cards together, and in that it is still very rare. I even checked Google before responding to make sure, my former stands.
    4: If you spend the money you have properly you can last a good ten years with a rig, or in the very least 6 years, which would cost about 400-500 bucks for a new console, you can buy a mid-tier GPU and more RAM for 300 which will last another 6 years.
    5: If you know how to protect your network you can't be DDoS'd. Easier than that, just unplug the router for ten seconds, plug it back in, and BOOM, new IP.
    6: If you're a fucking moron and either have a shitty password such as "password", or if you download stupid shit without testing it and have a shitty AV, then yes you can. If you're even the tiniest tidbit smart you can easily avoid being hacked. Oh, and both MS and Sony have been hacked, so that throws out that argument.
    7: Then just join a different server. There are thousands more servers for PC games if it's a dedicated game, if not then just hit the matchmaking button and find a different server. Oh, and Modded XBox's have hacks for many games, so that throws out that argument.
    8: Goes along with the entire "don't be a fucking dumbass" clause. Computer will only crash if you hook your hardware up like a dumbass, or if you download stupid shit and fuck with it like a dumbass.
    9: Read Ring of Death. Read Brick of Death. Orange Light of Death. Yeah, consoles have that too, WITHOUT the diagnostic screen.
    10: Move your monitor. There are such things as gaming laptops, and you can build them yourself. You can connect BOTH XBox and PS controllers to your computer. They work exactly as they are supposed to. There is software out there that automaps controls, and it takes less than a minute to map it all out unless you are illiterate.
    11: XBone has Kinect, I was talking about the webcams and cable as it is on par.

    You don't seem to understand that I was simply refuting your previous statement, in which you listed all of the problems of USER error. Maybe if you didn't continue with the whole "there are more cons to PC's" bullshit, this entire argument would have not continued. Your statements are false, and completely opinionated, hence why I called you out on them. And if you're so hellbent on "we're talking about consoles", THEN STOP FUCKING TRYING TO SAY CONSOLES ARE BETTER. Jesus fucking Christ.

    Oh, and for your "little box that sits in the living room and plays game", yeah, gaming consoles do that shit, but XBone isn't a GAMING CONSOLE, AS MICROSOFT SAID THEMSELVES IT IS AN ENTERTAINMENT CONSOLE.

    You bring up the argument, and then say to not continue with the argument. Being a fucking hypocrite doesn't make you correct.
    That is a lot to read lol I will read it latter and get back to you have to take care of some one that got scamed real fast. Then people shouldn't talk about xbox one anymore then so the new console war is PS4 vs wii u or what ever the fuck it's called now.

  8. #37
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    That is a lot to read lol I will read it latter and get back to you have to take care of some one that got scamed real fast. Then people shouldn't talk about xbox one anymore then so the new console war is PS4 vs wii u or what ever the fuck it's called now.
    That's been my point all along, the XBone isn't even a gaming console. Also, I was harsh in there, just giving you a heads up.


    ---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    Just because the Xbox is ultimately more expensive doesn't mean its price wasn't optimized. Inside of the xbox is some incredibly expensive software and hardware (i.e, the Kinect)

    Having an excess of hardware will harm the cause. Having an excess of hardware power and a lack of software optimization is more expensive than having an excess of software optimization and a lack of hardware power.

    The hardware optimization is a lot more complex then "MS revealed at E3 XBones RAM utilizes 5 Gb for gaming, 3 for OS, so they did tell us how it is going to work."

    They probably did numerous stress tests, among other things, to eliminate expensive hardware where they could and move it into software development or other hardware.
    Even so, sacrificing hardware and still pricing it at a premium is ridiculous. If the Kinect jacked the price up by 100 bucks, removing it would put it in the same price range as the PS4. So then XBone could have still replaced the standard DDR3 with GDDR5 like Sony did, the price difference is extremely minimal considering the cost of the system overall, as well as the price of every little feature. And if Microsoft, the software giant, needs to cut pricing down on hardware for software, something is wrong with that picture. I understand software is important, and so is optimization, but they have been working with x86 architecture since x86's release, there should be no problems implementing software optimization at a lower cost. On top of which they're simply using their Windows Kernel for the system, cutting down on the software development time and issues with designing one from scratch. If anything the software should have been the easiest portion of the entire system for Microsoft to develop considering that's their strongest point. They should have spent more time focusing on the hardware considering by the time the new XBox after the XBone is released, DDR3 will most likely be deprecated.

    And let's not use the mandatory Kinect as a "feature", not everybody wants their Kinect connected 24/7, and the majority of the people I know personally have no need for it at all. They don't want to be moving in front of their TV after a long day of work, they want to sit down and just use a controller, but they would still need to pay the extra hundo for the Kinect included with the XBone. After all, the XBone won't even work without the Kinect. That's not a feature, that's a forced option.


    ---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    You've got to be fucking kidding me..


    ---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------



    It's actually PS4'S DDR5 Vs. Xbones DDR3 not sure if that's what you meant or not, I'm guessing you just didn't proof read your post.
    Dat shits GDDR5 nigga, DDR5 doesn't exist

  9. #38
    PyrexxHero®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    4,952
    Reputation
    575
    Thanks
    493
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Heres what I think of all of it. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Who gives a fuck if your once legendary company lost its way. Why dont you take that $400 and do something else. Go on vacation. SAVE IT UP. You dont have to fucking buy the console

    Me, I've barely had an xbox360 for a year now. Because I dont have that $400 to throwaway on a plastic box, and another $200 to do something on it. I bought a used 360 from a pawnshop, and to this day I still only own 4 games on it. Havent even played BO2 yet. I dont even have Live, because that would mean having to crawl through my attic to run a cable to my room(after a long day of crawling through attics to run insulation and crawling under houses to run plumbing) and even more money to spend on it, unless I want to spend ANOTHER $100 to buy a crappy little wireless adapter that looks like if you drop once its going to break into 20 peices. Needless to say, I'm not buying an X1, or even a ps4. Because its just not smart to buy a console in the first couple months. Its going to be overpriced, first gens are going to be buggy, let alone feeling like another sheep who jumps onto every trend.
    Last edited by PyrexxHero®; 06-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.

    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

  10. #39
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    607
    My Mood
    Happy
    my pc has ddr2 ram @ 667 mhz

  11. #40
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

    Even so, sacrificing hardware and still pricing it at a premium is ridiculous. If the Kinect jacked the price up by 100 bucks, removing it would put it in the same price range as the PS4.
    I doubt all of it went in to the kinect to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    So then XBone could have still replaced the standard DDR3 with GDDR5 like Sony did, the price difference is extremely minimal considering the cost of the system overall, as well as the price of every little feature.
    Any small number times a big number is still a big number. They wouldn't invest into the benchmarking and thorough price optimization if it wasn't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    And let's not use the mandatory Kinect as a "feature", not everybody wants their Kinect connected 24/7, and the majority of the people I know personally have no need for it at all. They don't want to be moving in front of their TV after a long day of work, they want to sit down and just use a controller, but they would still need to pay the extra hundo for the Kinect included with the XBone. After all, the XBone won't even work without the Kinect. That's not a feature, that's a forced option.


    Users don't want it because developers aren't making anything for it because users aren't using it because users don't want it because developers aren't making anything for it because users don't want it because developers aren't making anything for it because users aren't using it because developers aren't making anything for it... (continues for ever and ever until one of them does something differently)

    Developers couldn't depend on the kinect and thus didn't make anything for it.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  12. #41
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    900$+ just to play a game with 20 more fps. Some games might not work with your OS some games might not work right with your GFX card. Might have to spend more money to upgrade when new games come out. 10 year old fags can ddos you. Your game accounts can be hacked. Hackers with aimbot opk and so on. Computer may crash when ever it feels like. Can get blue screen of death. Have to sit in one spot to play (oh you can move with a laptop. You are fucking dumb if you got a laptop for gaming) have to use keybored and mouse or the shit pc controllers that you have to map out for ever game you play. Wasn't talking about webcams and cable was talking about games. You people don't get the point we are talking about console not computer. We are talking about a little fucking box that plays games in your living room on your tv not a PC. I don't care about your 20 more fps or playing with a little bit more GFX.
    If you can't remain civil in a debate, then shut the fuck up.

  13. #42
    RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    5,547
    Reputation
    1082
    Thanks
    1,419
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I already pre ordered the X1

    END THE FED

  14. #43
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post
    Heres what I think of all of it. SHUT THE FUCK UP. Who gives a fuck if your once legendary company lost its way. Why dont you take that $400 and do something else. Go on vacation. SAVE IT UP. You dont have to fucking buy the console

    Me, I've barely had an xbox360 for a year now. Because I dont have that $400 to throwaway on a plastic box, and another $200 to do something on it. I bought a used 360 from a pawnshop, and to this day I still only own 4 games on it. Havent even played BO2 yet. I dont even have Live, because that would mean having to crawl through my attic to run a cable to my room(after a long day of crawling through attics to run insulation and crawling under houses to run plumbing) and even more money to spend on it, unless I want to spend ANOTHER $100 to buy a crappy little wireless adapter that looks like if you drop once its going to break into 20 peices. Needless to say, I'm not buying an X1, or even a ps4. Because its just not smart to buy a console in the first couple months. Its going to be overpriced, first gens are going to be buggy, let alone feeling like another sheep who jumps onto every trend.
    ps4 isnt that over priced.. its actually set at a reasonable price compared to x1.


  15. #44
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,784
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    659
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    ive always used sony products as a kid and im a creature of habit so i kind of want to stick with what im used to
    Thats seems to be the case to me as well.

  16. #45
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Some bashing is a bit overzealous but I don't think Jeremy has made a single decent point about M$ and the Xbone. He's been rebutted many times and just sidesteps the issue with apologetic excuses and hyperbole.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official PS4 Speculation Thread!
    By Justin in forum Playstation General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
  2. PS4 REVEALED!
    By Nitehawk772 in forum Playstation General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 07:45 PM
  3. PS4 REVEALED!
    By Nitehawk772 in forum Playstation General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
  4. Fanboys
    By EviL_WaLdO in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 11:52 PM
  5. XBOX 360 [PS3 Fanboys GO AWAY]
    By HeXel in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 02:44 PM