Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Twin Cities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,519
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,579
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    No special food/consuments


    ---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------



    I don't do weights, unless you ment that I should lose weight.
    If I'm running every two days for an hour straight, and then skip ropes for an hour straight, why the hell should I jump on a treadmill?


    Could you explain me the yoga thing though? It sounds pretty interesting
    First off loose weight till you are around 140-150 pounds. Then do some dynamic stretching and start doing yoga.
    YouTube is your friend, look it up there.
    I don't do yoga but I've heard they do help you. Also you can do ballet(take it seriously, football players do ballet everyday).

  2. #17
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bag View Post


    First off loose weight till you are around 140-150 pounds. Then do some dynamic stretching and start doing yoga.
    YouTube is your friend, look it up there.
    I don't do yoga but I've heard they do help you. Also you can do ballet(take it seriously, football players do ballet everyday).

    But I just lost 22 kilograms man, I've got dry muscles all over my body. I can't lose even more weight, that would be seriously unhealthy.
    I do that dynamic stretching thing everyday. Its like a must to me.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  3. #18
    Twin Cities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,519
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,579
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post



    But I just lost 22 kilograms man, I've got dry muscles all over my body. I can't lose even more weight, that would be seriously unhealthy.
    I do that dynamic stretching thing everyday. Its like a must to me.
    Go to sauna than. Look some excersizes on YouTube.
    I only do weights, I can't help you with "weight loss."

  4. #19
    haxforpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    346
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    This is kind of unrelated, but you should watch it none the less.



  5. #20
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bag View Post


    Go to sauna than. Look some excersizes on YouTube.
    I only do weights, I can't help you with "weight loss."
    Whaaaat...


    Anyway, lets get back to that yoga thing
    Let me put it this way:
    If I'd be able to hold out three minutes of hardcore 100% punching on a heavy bag now before my arms start getting fatigue
    And I start doing yoga on my current training
    Would that increase the amount of time I could hold out before getting fatigue?


    ---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by haxforpax View Post
    This is kind of unrelated, but you should watch it none the less.
    I watched it. Very interesting, thanks!
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  6. #21
    Twin Cities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,519
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,579
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    Whaaaat...


    Anyway, lets get back to that yoga thing
    Let me put it this way:
    If I'd be able to hold out three minutes of hardcore 100% punching on a heavy bag now before my arms start getting fatigue
    And I start doing yoga on my current training
    Would that increase the amount of time I could hold out before getting fatigue?


    ---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------



    I watched it. Very interesting, thanks!
    Yes and you should lift weights for better punches and durability.

  7. #22
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bag View Post


    Yes and you should lift weights for better punches and durability.
    I really really don't want to lift weights. I have this kinda thing in my head that tells me if I make muscles by punching bags, doing alot of push ups and pull ups and all that will give me more punching power, lifting power, and durability.


    I see lifting weights as a fast way to gain muscles

    I call it hollywood muscles.. Not really what I'm after
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  8. #23
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I really really don't want to lift weights. I have this kinda thing in my head that tells me if I make muscles by punching bags, doing alot of push ups and pull ups and all that will give me more punching power, lifting power, and durability.


    I see lifting weights as a fast way to gain muscles

    I call it hollywood muscles.. Not really what I'm after
    You can only gain up to a certain point only doing pushups, then your body starts to plateau. Punch bags only help with endurance, however if you aren't adding any more muscle to cause resistance after a certain point you'll start to plateau. Eat more meats, just add them into your diet, nothing fancy, just try to stick with white meats. Start lifting weights, seriously. You don't need to bulk lift for muscle, go for power lifting. You can gain massive amounts of strength in your body by power lifting, without giving yourself that "Hollywood muscle" look. If you've ever been to a gym, I'm sure you've seen the skinny little shit out lift the massive muscular guy, and that's because they power lift.

    There's more to lifting than just getting big, I primarily power lift myself, it's helped keep me alive in Krav Maga (when I used to take it that is). All you do is put a shit load of force against your muscles and force them through it a couple times, rest for awhile, do it again. Hell, even one time a week for five sets hitting an 80% weight strain for two reps a set will give you more strength without the excess "bulking" look.

    If you're serious, you need to lift weights. You can not gain more strength without doing so. If you don't like weights then you can use elastic bands, same concept, different method.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Snake (06-14-2013)

  10. #24
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    You can only gain up to a certain point only doing pushups, then your body starts to plateau. Punch bags only help with endurance, however if you aren't adding any more muscle to cause resistance after a certain point you'll start to plateau. Eat more meats, just add them into your diet, nothing fancy, just try to stick with white meats. Start lifting weights, seriously. You don't need to bulk lift for muscle, go for power lifting. You can gain massive amounts of strength in your body by power lifting, without giving yourself that "Hollywood muscle" look. If you've ever been to a gym, I'm sure you've seen the skinny little shit out lift the massive muscular guy, and that's because they power lift.

    There's more to lifting than just getting big, I primarily power lift myself, it's helped keep me alive in Krav Maga (when I used to take it that is). All you do is put a shit load of force against your muscles and force them through it a couple times, rest for awhile, do it again. Hell, even one time a week for five sets hitting an 80% weight strain for two reps a set will give you more strength without the excess "bulking" look.

    If you're serious, you need to lift weights. You can not gain more strength without doing so. If you don't like weights then you can use elastic bands, same concept, different method.
    I'm actually looking down on my muscles right now.
    They're too bulky, and thats just what I hate. My muscles are big enough already, I just want to make it last longer. I can hit really hard and fast, but I really need endurance.

    3 minutes at 100% is already high, but I want it to go higher



    When I started training(around April)my trainings were truely intense, because for one I was 45 pounds heavier, and because the training I did back then couldn't follow with the training I am doing now.
    I need something that is decent-hard right now that requires endurance, so that I can begin my real serious training in the summer holidays, and endure it for a really long time before having to take rests
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  11. #25
    WaterfrontSaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Delusioncheats
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    Does yoga really help? It looks rather 'pussyish' to me..

    Yoga or even Pilates is good for your core stability, and will bring you better stamina over time, as the more stable you are with your inner core the better you will be at recovering. For better recovery drink half fat/semi-skimmed milk after a hard training session. It's better for recovery than sports drink and has been proven in the UK for Rugby players. One thing I used to do and still eat every morning is New Zealand Manuka honey.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to WaterfrontSaint For This Useful Post:

    Snake (06-14-2013)

  13. #26
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterfrontSaint View Post

    Yoga or even Pilates is good for your core stability, and will bring you better stamina over time, as the more stable you are with your inner core the better you will be at recovering. For better recovery drink half fat/semi-skimmed milk after a hard training session. It's better for recovery than sports drink and has been proven in the UK for Rugby players. One thing I used to do and still eat every morning is New Zealand Manuka honey.
    I always drink Ayran. Extremely good for your bones. I drink milk on a very regular base too, so I'm not missing out on much there.
    I don't drink sports drinks or pop drinks(heck, last time I drank any other thing then milk and ayran was in january).
    I'll try doing more pilates then I'm already doing. I still wonder how you do yoga though, I'll look it up on YT.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  14. #27
    Twin Cities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,519
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,579
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I always drink Ayran. Extremely good for your bones. I drink milk on a very regular base too, so I'm not missing out on much there.
    I don't drink sports drinks or pop drinks(heck, last time I drank any other thing then milk and ayran was in january).
    I'll try doing more pilates then I'm already doing. I still wonder how you do yoga though, I'll look it up on YT.
    Lift weights + yoga = good outcome for you.

    Also if you are going to lift do it every second day, don't do it like every day of the week. Do it 3-4 times a week.

  15. #28
    WaterfrontSaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Delusioncheats
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I always drink Ayran. Extremely good for your bones. I drink milk on a very regular base too, so I'm not missing out on much there.
    I don't drink sports drinks or pop drinks(heck, last time I drank any other thing then milk and ayran was in january).
    I'll try doing more pilates then I'm already doing. I still wonder how you do yoga though, I'll look it up on YT.
    That's good dude, so I think Yoga will help you a great deal, and there are loads of good places in the UK.

  16. #29
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,766
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterfrontSaint View Post
    That's good dude, so I think Yoga will help you a great deal, and there are loads of good places in the UK.
    I don't live in the UK, haha. Its what I do to keep my identity secret since I told everyone on this forum that I left the islam which is a serious big deal to everyone from where I am from..


    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by T Bag View Post


    Lift weights + yoga = good outcome for you.

    Also if you are going to lift do it every second day, don't do it like every day of the week. Do it 3-4 times a week.
    I really don't want to lift weights, because once you start, you lose the right to say that you have natural muscles.
    And I wrote above that my muscles are bulky because I gained weight and transformed it into muscles by doing push ups, pull ups etc.
    I really don't need no more extra muscles, I just need my muscles to become less fatigue
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  17. #30
    Twin Cities's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,519
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,579
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I don't live in the UK, haha. Its what I do to keep my identity secret since I told everyone on this forum that I left the islam which is a serious big deal to everyone from where I am from..
    That narrows us down to 195 countries. Keep slipping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Error In Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition ( Thanking People Who Help )
    By Gunner03 in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
  2. People who annoy you...
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 06:50 AM
  4. People who Post Myspace Chain-Bulletins Need Shot
    By Jackal in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
  5. people who just sit there
    By kvmn8 in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM