Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    No it doesn't. Everyone (theoretically) in my family has to buy a D3 copy, instead of just one for the entire family, WOOH, so financially beneficial.
    You can share your entire games library with up to 10 different family members digitally with the new marketing model. They can do this because the servers aren't located outside of Microsoft's control and there is no convoluted 1000 different third party interfaces to this model either (like would be be the case if everyone reimplemented the same goddamn thing differently) Actually, explain to me how Sony could POSSIBLY implement this with X different publishers having to manage X completely different DRM systems.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

They have before, why is it such a sudden problem now? Because Microsoft wants to make 10x easier to shove DRM down our throats so they can make more money? SIGN ME UP, MY ASS IS READY.

Read above where I address the problems with what you are suggesting they do.

Wow.... WOW. It's fucking simple, PS1 Generation, games released around $40, PS2 Gen, $50 dollar games, PS3 Gen, $60 dollar games (DRM fully possible). D3, DRM fully possible, started off at $60 dollars. GAMES RELEASED DAY PRICES HAVE INCREASED EVERY GENERATION, AND STEAM SALES AREN'T RELEASE DAY PRICING.
    "DRM Fully possible." You mean serial keys fully possible. Anything more complicated than that runs into the problems I stated above.

You can have an internet connection, doesn't fucking matter because it only works in 20/200 countries. Next gen consoles are, Xbox isn't. Why get an Xbox at all? Oh yeah, revolutionary, that's why everyone is bashing it. I get to watch the NFL interactively!

No one wants to buy it, yet you keep trying to convince everyone to give up their rights so they can take it up the ass like you do by a company who gives no shits about you.
    You don't have a right to get full licenses from a developer. You don't have a right to get a game from a developer at all. If you want everything including the ability to arbitrarily trade and share the game with zero regulation, it is going to cost you in and the developers more money. That is a plain FACT.

LOL, you suggested maintaining your own server is not scalable or flexible, yet now the argument isn't going anywhere? Do you even know what you're saying, obviously not because after I countered you're bullshit you dropped the point and try to imply different things. I have responded to every point you delivered, you just run off and try to bullshit something else when you're slapped in the face... It is more optimal, companies can "fine tune" all the profits they are going to earn by shafting you in the ass and "pass all the savings to consumers" like throughout time, LOL. Many gloves > one glove.

I addressed this above.

I absolutely refuse to get any deeper into this bullshit.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-14-2013 at 06:22 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post

You can share your entire games library with up to 10 different family members digitally with the new marketing model. They can do this because the servers aren't located outside of Microsoft's control and there is no convoluted 1000 different third party interfaces to this model either (like would be be the case if everyone reimplemented the same goddamn thing differently) Actually, explain to me how Sony could POSSIBLY implement this with X different publishers having to manage X completely different DRM systems.

"DRM Fully possible." You mean serial keys fully possible. Anything more complicated than that runs into the problems I stated above.

You don't have a right to get full licenses from a developer. You don't have a right to get a game from a developer at all. If you want everything including the right to arbitrarily trade and share the game with zero regulation, it is going to cost you in and the developers more money. That is a plain FACT.

I addressed this above.

I like how to totally passed over arun's point that it only works in 1/10 of the world

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post

I like how to totally passed over arun's point that it only works in 1/10 of the world
    If you are going to argue that, argue that. Not that and a bunch of bullshit. I admit fully that this sucks, but I also don't care because I don't live in those 9/10ths so don't tell me thats why I shouldn't buy the Xbox. I would also give Microsoft more time to sort out the legal difficulties with region locking.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-14-2013 at 06:30 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sony doesn't have to implement a DRM system, and that's the beauty. Friendly company Valve over there might say, hey, let's let unlimited family members play this game, or whatever DRM case bullshit Microsoft wanted to enforce. EA might say, hey let only 1 person play per game. Problem solved. Where you at Microsoft?

There is a problem with individual companies implementing DRM? Yeah, OK, everyone's been struggling years for that issue, right? Actually, it worked out great on the PC.

No, full DRM was fully possible on the PS3 generation, with all consoles having ethernet ports, games can have requirements to be connected to the internet at all time with software level DRM.

You don't have a right to get full licenses from a developer. You don't have a right to get a game from a developer at all. If you want everything including the ability to arbitrarily trade and share the game with zero regulation, it is going to cost you in and the developers more money. That is a plain FACT.

I have a full right to enjoy my game wherever I want to play it, I paid the money for it. Instead, you think they have a right to treat me like a criminal, and I can't play it anywhere I want, I must have my console connected to the internet every 24 hours to "check in," and I can't play it at a friends house or trade the game. How is it a fact that it's going to cost the developers or me more money? It's anything but a fact, you can't back it up, and you honestly believe corporations are there to pass savings on to you? I can't even take you seriously, how naieve are you? I keep citing prior art with DRM up the butt games where there are no savings, yet you keep reciting this same bullshit with no evidence to back it up and now calling it fact. I'm going to teach you economics 101. People have limited budgets, it's not an infinite budget. Someone wants to buy game A and game B, with their $100 budget / 6 months. They can buy game A used for $40 dollars, and game B new for $60 dollars on the PS4, both developers win, they can both make money from DLC regardless if they made money from the game sales or not, they have another client to their market base. On the Xbox, they can buy only one game, the other developer suffers, end of discussion, now to make ends meet, the other developer has to raise prices in the game market economy, of course this doesn't happen with games, much like how they don't lower prices with games.

I addressed this above.

It doesn't matter what you think, everyone's spoken, sheep included, and it's fairly obvious PS4 will win this generation fairly easily unless Microsoft reverses course, like I suspect any rational company to do.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    If you are going to argue that, argue that. Not that and a bunch of bullshit. I admit fully that this sucks, but I also don't care because I don't live in those 9/10ths so don't tell me thats why I shouldn't buy the Xbox. I would also give Microsoft more time to sort out the legal difficulties with region locking.
    Region locking? Apparently their new system will use Bluray, which only has 3 regions. They don't need that much time. What legal difficulties? Neither Sony nor Nintendo had them, why will microsoft?

That's also a pretty shitty statement, because it doesn't affect you directly that you don't have to care about it.

Lol, They can release it in North America and places like Brazil, but not Japan even? They use the same blu-ray region, and hell, Japan is light years more developed that Brazil. Lol.

It just blows my mind that they are alienating most of the world, which could be potential customers. It's like they are asking sony to be the top player in 9/10 of the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123