Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,816
    Reputation
    3476
    Thanks
    10,778
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post


    Indeed im surprised Microsoft wont take it a step further and market it as a "home appliance"
    I'm 90% sure consoles are taxed less than a computer which I think it would be classified as, export tax wise. I remember reading something about that for the Xbox 360 and PS3.


    ---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Music. View Post
    Did you and Chubbles just make ton of sites and see which one gets popular ?
    Who? And no, didn't do shit with anyone and I don't do that wall stick approach.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  2. #17
    Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12,318
    Reputation
    1658
    Thanks
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I'm 90% sure consoles are taxed less than a computer which I think it would be classified as, export tax wise. I remember reading something about that for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
    At least you're not in Sweden and have to pay a levy on your console of choice because of ridiculous outdated copyright laws.
    '08 MPGH OG

    You get the bag and fumble it
    I get the bag and flip it and tumble it
    Straight out the lot, 300 cash
    And the car came with a blunt in it
    Lil mama a thot, and she got ass
    And she gon' fuck up a bag
    Pull up to the spot, livin' too fast
    Droppin' the dope in the stash
    In Italy, got two foreign hoes, they DM me
    Drop the top when it's cold
    But you feel the heat
    Be real with me, just be real with me
    Eat it up like it's a feast
    They say the dope on fleek

  3. #18
    Music.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,796
    Reputation
    257
    Thanks
    557
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    I'm 90% sure consoles are taxed less than a computer which I think it would be classified as, export tax wise. I remember reading something about that for the Xbox 360 and PS3.


    ---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------



    Who? And no, didn't do shit with anyone and I don't do that wall stick approach.
    I was talking 'bout David since you'll have a lot of sites

  4. #19
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,026
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,013
    My Mood
    Lurking
    never looked at it like dat. i guess i don't hate the xbox as much anymore but i'm still never going to buy an xbone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  5. #20
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I think xbox one is just trolling trying to look very bad and the week before it comes out there like just playing and shows a bad ass console. Also xbox is like 100$ more well about 160$ more because you have to buy xbox live to even play games. But they says it's because of that cam shit. PS4 has the same cam shit but they are only selling it for 60$
    Last edited by Joshcarr2006; 06-15-2013 at 01:17 AM.

  6. #21
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,634
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,449
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    I think xbox one is just trolling trying to look very bad and the week before it comes out there like just playing and shows a bad ass console.
    ​That would be the greatest marketing troll in the history of mankind.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  7. #22
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    ​That would be the greatest marketing troll in the history of mankind.
    lol yeah only thing I can think of after seeing how big of a hole they keep digging there self's.

  8. #23
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,689
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm sticking to my guns, sorry.

    Niggas can have their "entertainment box" I'll stick to my cable box and PC for entertainment.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Lehsyrus (06-15-2013)

  10. #24
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,763
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    214
    My Mood
    Amused
    I couldn't agree with you more, this is what people aren't really getting. It's meant to be a home entertainment system, more than a console.

    But like you said, PC master race anyways, filthy console scum can go home. (The only console I'm probably going to end up getting is a Wii U anyways).








     





















  11. #25
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    607
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more, this is what people aren't really getting. It's meant to be a home entertainment system, more than a console.

    But like you said, PC master race anyways, filthy console scum can go home. (The only console I'm probably going to end up getting is a Wii U anyways).
    calling yourself scum eh?

  12. #26
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,763
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    214
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    calling yourself scum eh?
    Not really, since the majority of my gaming is going to be (and has been, for years now) on the PC.

    ---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    I think xbox one is just trolling trying to look very bad and the week before it comes out there like just playing and shows a bad ass console. Also xbox is like 100$ more well about 160$ more because you have to buy xbox live to even play games. But they says it's because of that cam shit. PS4 has the same cam shit but they are only selling it for 60$
    You don't need Xbox Live Gold to play offline games, you're only going to need the free Silver. You're only going to need to have it plugged in, the only time you'll have to pay is if you want to PLAY online. Playing offline, getting game updates, getting menu updates, messaging friends, will all be free.








     





















  13. #27
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,814
    My Mood
    Sad
    Most of what I am saying here isn't at all debatable and I'm not going to argue about it, if you want to, read it. But I'm not going to argue over fact.

    @arunforce if you read the article published by the anoymous Microsoft Engineer, he does state that the device does turn off (as per regulations of the countries the device is being distributed to) and this is configurable under the settings.

    >By default it's on, listening for "Xbox On". You can turn it off tho, and turn the console like OFF off. OFF off is required for Germany / other countries that require it (no vampire appliances) [...] It has to be plugged in for the console to post. You can turn off everything it does from the settings. Think of it like airplane mode for the iPhone. You can't just unplug the cellular radio, but you can turn it off.
    I suggest you read it, it contains a lot of information that would help you publish that article:
    https://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous...one-intentions

    Microsoft setup cloud computing specifically so _games_ could off load thier AI logic onto a remote server - and continue to process this logic when the users signs off. The main objective of the Xbox is further to encourage use of the DirectX graphics framework, so saying Microsoft isn't also intending on implementing the Xbox One as a gaming console is contradictory to a lot of what they have been doing.

    Microsoft jumped into the console development market because OpenGL was the primary graphics interface for game development on consoles - in fact - it was the only one. Had Microsoft not involved themselves in the game console market, DirectX would not be considered very thoroughly for game development since it isn't cross-platform compatible with both the MS, Mac, and PS4 engine like OpenGl. They literally HAD to get involved in the console market otherwise DirectX would be thrown aside by game developers eventually. Microsoft used the first Xbox to gain a huge lead on OpenGL (along with some fuck ups at openGl that were busy wasting time with some other implementation [I'm not too sure exactly what that was since I never use OpenGL])

    Xbox one is literally the only gaming console that supports DirectX - everyone else, in the most literal sense possible, is using OpenGl or another alternative. Microsoft needs it and they'll bend over backwards to stop OpenGL from regaining a monopoly in the console market. This is another reason why developers are so important to Microsoft. Microsoft throws away millions of dollars of tools to developers for this very reason - it is why they push indie game development so generously and cheaply to the public.

    The main motivation for direct intigration of the kinect into the console is because developers weren't able to rely on users having an expensive appliance attached to the console. Because of this, developers weren't making anything that utilized it, and because of that users weren't getting it. It would have been a repetative cycle rendering the entire kinect SDK useless if Microsoft hadn't broken the cycle.

    This is why I am utterly convinced Microsoft won't fuck this up - and if they do, they'll be back next time around I promise you they won't stop until they win - they'll keep going because they have to in order to provide a market for their DirectX platform.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-15-2013 at 03:43 AM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (06-15-2013)

  15. #28
    bonnierf7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Wai the goo brooo.




  16. #29
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,885
    Reputation
    2317
    Thanks
    7,747
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What's your point here Arun? Xbox admitting defeat to ps4 and leaving the console war and heading over to a home entertainment league ahead of ps4? In any case it was not there case to start now, the internet is growing along with pc's TV will be the new Nintendo 64 soon.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


  17. #30
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,784
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    659
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Need someone to summarize the disadvantages of the xbox1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The XBOX one what i think of it
    By KillTheNoise in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
  2. Reddit's take on the Xbox One
    By Paladin in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
  3. The Xbox One Reveal
    By ZeroTroubles in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
  4. Anyone know how to figure out the security answer or email?
    By warlordshin in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  5. I believe i have figured out the over buff/c++ error with the bypass
    By beteasta3 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 04:23 AM