Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 109
  1. #91
    LionelMessi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH.NET
    Posts
    6,125
    Reputation
    114
    Thanks
    4,556
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder's Sheep View Post


    Get ps3 ayo
    Nopes.. i prefer xbox.

  2. #92
    Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Tijuana
    Posts
    23,268
    Reputation
    3495
    Thanks
    3,633
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by LionelMessi10 View Post


    Nopes.. i prefer xbox.
    affff br bro
     
    I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

  3. #93
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Not sure why you think you were included in that. I too think it was a good move by them.
    I'm still not going to sit here and suck their dicks like some people though.
    Just a generalized statement. IMO this war is over, both sides did well, I still prefer the PS4 but in the end MS did the right thing. I only wish it was for the consumer and not to save their profits. Either way, I definitely think the massive middle finger ASCII pictures on the XBone FB page had some influence LOL.

  4. #94
    DutchAirForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Operation ClusterFuck
    Posts
    1,168
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    1,654
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Aah well fuck, i wanted the xbox to die

  5. #95
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good move by Microsoft. Too bad the actual console itself is still shit in comparison to the PS4, in relation to my opinions and tastes at least. But at least now there actually will be some competition next-gen and that's mostly a good thing.

  6. #96
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post


    It was all a conspiracy to look horrible, now they look awesome in comparison.
    Only possible explanation.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  7. #97
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

    The XBone and the PS4 utilize the same CPU. The PS4 runs the OS and applications in the background, IE multi-tasking. Sony allows developers to determine whether or not they will implement any form of DRM, the PS4 has cloud computing, I haven't read or watched a damn thing about "multi-kernel", and I have checked all of Microsofts resources explaining the XBone. Nothing comes up there. It merely says "multi-core", of which the PS4 has that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I understand if you enjoy new technology, but blatantly blowing off everything Sony has and saying "Microsoft is the best" without even looking at any of the facts from the PS4 is just mind-boggling ignorant Jet. I have already said myself that now that MS has removed those crap features, the same features you either defended or said didn't exist, the XBone is fine, yet you still persist to defend it as if the war is still going on is just annoying at this point.
    Let me tell you about ignorance:
    The latest Xbox literally runs over two divided kernels, with a layer of abstraction between them. That is what I mean when I say multi-kernel multi-tasking.

    Sony would _love_ to have you believe that they support cloud computing - but they don't. They support cloud computing like any device with a network adapter supports cloud computing - that is literally the truth. They don't provide the server-space for developers - they expect them to go out themselves establish a cloud wherever they want to put their games, and run the servers themselves. Let me tell you how incredibly impossible that is - but it isn't a lie because Sony has said that they consider a fucking match-making server cloud computing (and technically, it is.) There is no cloud computing platform or API for developers - nothing compared to what Microsoft offered at least.
    And if you're not a gamer, yet respect new technology, then stop looking at fucking consoles and look at items such as the RAM cube or cluster computing for CGI development where new technology actually exists, not just revamped technology redesigned for consoles, because the Kinect is simply a series of refracted infrared beams that outline a persons body, voice activation has existed for years, the hardware in both consoles is all deprecated in comparison to what's being released currently, the OS's are dumbed down versions of what both companies have already produced (W8 and XMB), and all in all there is nothing here that has anything to do with "new technology" when put into comparison of a PC.

    Your argument is crap. Move on to something that actually improves upon technology instead of attempting to defend something that isn't even worth debating now that it has been fixed.

    The hardware means nothing and we've argued this before. Do you honeslty expect me to have my mind blown because they managed to throw next-gen ram into a gaming console? Are you shitting me? Lol... how difficult do you think it was for them to design that databus compared to the rest of the system - or even just the data bus alone?

    Telling me Xbox One has a dumbed down implementation of what already exists in terms of the operating system really tells me this entire conversation is a waste of time.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  8. #98
    Express.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,677
    Reputation
    293
    Thanks
    335
    My Mood
    Lurking
    They were forced to listen to their customers.
    Member Since: 05-21-2013
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)
     
    Vouches.[36]

    [+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

  9. #99
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    607
    My Mood
    Happy
    Just realized this.

    Up until the current generation, consoles were always different architectures and were completely different beasts.

    The current generation (excluding wii u) is essentially a PC is a pretty box.

    Considering the xbox one uses directX and is an intel PC, won't piracy be super easy?

    I mean, the game itself can run natively on a computer.

  10. #100
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    Just realized this.

    Up until the current generation, consoles were always different architectures and were completely different beasts.

    The current generation (excluding wii u) is essentially a PC is a pretty box.

    Considering the xbox one uses directX and is an intel PC, won't piracy be super easy?

    I mean, the game itself can run natively on a computer.
    I don't see how the console running an x86 architecture makes piracy any easier. How? The processor is probably still *********. What does DirectX have to do with anything in terms of piracy? Are you talking about reprogramming these games to run on the windows platform? You mean virtualization? Possibly, but nowhere in the near future.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  11. #101
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    607
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    I don't see how the console running an x86 architecture makes piracy any easier. How? The processor is probably still *********. What does DirectX have to do with anything in terms of piracy? Are you talking about reprogramming these games to run on the windows platform? You mean virtualization? Possibly, but nowhere in the near future.
    What I meant to say was the reason emulation, or running pretty much anything else from another system on a PC was difficult, and still not perfect is because the instructions of the game would have to be interpreted at run time, which causes slow down and buggy emulation. Also just being able to emulate the sound hardware and such also is not easy.

    But if this new generation will run natively on a wintel machine, getting it to run on a standard windows machine will be a lot easier. Perhaps only small hacks would be required into tricking the game into thinking it is running on the xbox.


    ---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

    It already happened with the original xbox. Since the original xbox is much similar to a standard wintel machine, people have already managed to convert xbox executables to native windows executables.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Auxilium For This Useful Post:

    Doc (06-20-2013)

  13. #102
    I am the genesis of the new generation
    Premium Member
    Tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Penthouse
    Posts
    2,902
    Reputation
    264
    Thanks
    520
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    I was justifying their decisions and if it was my way, it would be implemented as they laid out originally.

    That said, Xbox One is #1 now, and PS4 and Nintendo CEOs can go suck their own dicks.

    Also, I could have made this thread before you @Dave84311

    Microsoft had to drop family sharing (as of now, though not official statement) for this.
    #PS4Fanboy

  14. #103
    DєfKOniK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,221
    Reputation
    234
    Thanks
    417
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post


    It was all a conspiracy to look horrible, now they look awesome in comparison.
    for some fucking reason... i don't doubt it. LAWL.

  15. #104
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post


    What I meant to say was the reason emulation, or running pretty much anything else from another system on a PC was difficult, and still not perfect is because the instructions of the game would have to be interpreted at run time, which causes slow down and buggy emulation. Also just being able to emulate the sound hardware and such also is not easy.

    But if this new generation will run natively on a wintel machine, getting it to run on a standard windows machine will be a lot easier. Perhaps only small hacks would be required into tricking the game into thinking it is running on the xbox.


    ---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

    It already happened with the original xbox. Since the original xbox is much similar to a standard wintel machine, people have already managed to convert xbox executables to native windows executables.
    That's what I'm most excited about.

  16. #105
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post


    What I meant to say was the reason emulation, or running pretty much anything else from another system on a PC was difficult, and still not perfect is because the instructions of the game would have to be interpreted at run time, which causes slow down and buggy emulation. Also just being able to emulate the sound hardware and such also is not easy.

    But if this new generation will run natively on a wintel machine, getting it to run on a standard windows machine will be a lot easier. Perhaps only small hacks would be required into tricking the game into thinking it is running on the xbox.


    ---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

    It already happened with the original xbox. Since the original xbox is much similar to a standard wintel machine, people have already managed to convert xbox executables to native windows executables.
    True, I understand your point there. That makes 'emulation' faster - but it doesn't make the piracy process any 'easier.'

    The Xbox games use a very similar variation of the PE Format we see on windows (very similar if not the same), which is why they were likely easily converted. However, you have to remember on the windows platform we are still missing the entire API and the BIOS of the Xbox One which has changed dramatically. Latest security advancements will have made extracting core low-level software from the Xbox One hardware incredibly difficult. We still have to go through the tedious process of downloading the BIOS from the Xbox motherboard, rooting or finding some other means to get access to the likely wide-range of libraries and APIs used by the games that will be on the Xbox platform - those would be impossible to re-implement. We'd have to extract it from the hardware of the console which, like I said, is going to be a lot more difficult than it was for Xbox 360. We are talking about 8 years of security advancements, and hardware security is always tricky. Not to mention all that shit is probably signed a thousand times over (joking) with a hardware implementation of the public key in the CPU.

    That was the least of it in the last generation - this generation is going to be a lot harder. Relative to all that, it using a x86 instruction set means nothing really - otherwise as well. It just allows software to be more quickly emulated (or rather, contained since we don't need to emulate a native instruction set) Not easier though. It using DirectX is entirely irrelevant though - maybe because we already have access to the DirectX API it would be a little easier, but nothings to say the console build is similar to the PC build.

    Finally, the games have been compiled for the Xbox 1 hardware. What I mean by that is there will be 8+ threads in each game each meant to run parallel. Most desktop computers are far behind that. It would probably result in poor performance anyway unless you were willing to invest a lot into a computer. These games _can_ run on a desktop platform with 4 cores, but that is when they are compiled to use 4 cores. If they are compiled to use 8 cores - and we give it a system with 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see an inefficient use of threading and thus a significant drop in performance.

    Finally the OS architecture we see in the Xbox One is very unique and something a lot of us will have never encountered before.

    TL;DR it being an Intel processor makes it no easier - just a lot more practical to contain and execute in a virtual environment.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-20-2013 at 01:40 AM.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Officially fuck Xbox One
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 06:53 PM
  2. The XBOX one what i think of it
    By KillTheNoise in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
  3. Reddit's take on the Xbox One
    By Paladin in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
  4. Another Xbox One thread
    By DutchAirForce in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM
  5. The Xbox One Reveal
    By ZeroTroubles in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 04:12 PM