Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Jackson View Post
    Can somone explain meh in short?? Lazy to read the whole story :/
    The anonymous engineer is giving us a developer view into what they are making. Family sharing would enable people that you label as family to play a game within your shared games folder. Gives them a 30 minute to an hour long playthrough of the ENTIRE game in which to test and see if they would like to buy the game. Saves the memory also so if you do choose to buy, you can pick up where you left off. Would also allow the companies to continue profit in older used games (which seems to be a big ass deal for some odd reason).

Next is them trying to make the Xbox One a social network in itself. This is blatant marketing aimed towards the younger generations that dwell so deeply within electronics and the interwebs.

Last is him complaining about the people complaining and saying if you don't want all this new technology, just play an older system.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to grin reeferx For This Useful Post:

Ashley Jackson (06-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ℒεℬøss View Post

the future will consist of basically a giant computer that has TV, games, and regular windows shit (MSWOrd and so on) the console was wanting to create a revolution. And it very well did. With the Nintendo and so on because computers back then were not as "powerful". However the consoles today are leaning more into have the power and capacities of computers. Consoles are just going to loop back to the PC.
    What makes you so sure is what I'd like to ask?

Most people who predict the future are usually just talking out of their ass.
    What makes you so sure microsoft is even going to exist in 20 years?

Great companies that people think will never go have always bit the dust. Remember when IBM was king? Yeah, when was the last time you heard the term IBM-Compatible used? I can assure you people in 2006 would have never thought myspace would stop being king.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

What makes you so sure is what I'd like to ask?

Most people who predict the future are usually just talking out of their ass.
    What makes you so sure microsoft is even going to exist in 20 years?

Great companies that people think will never go have always bit the dust. Remember when IBM was king? Yeah, when was the last time you heard the term IBM-Compatible used? I can assure you people in 2006 would have never thought myspace would stop being king.
    not saying saying that specifically MS will still be around. I meant the programs. like word and shit. obviously maybe not called that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    That's literally only as a DRM measure, and it is an ancient crap DRM measure that Microsoft was trying to improve.

My point of that statement was that there is nothing wrong with a glorified installation CD. It is much quicker to read from the storage medium, it is safer, and redeployable if you need to redeploy it.
    Not always. Games would also need to be read from the disk during gameplay because (I know I play old stuff) hard drive space was limited back then. How many people in 1997 would want 700+ MB of their hard drive to be eaten away from a game? Back then, only core game files would be copied to the hard drive and everything else would be loaded as needed from the CD.

Even early 2000 games that came on DVDs would be constantly loaded from the disk. When we got a new computer in 2002, it only came standard with a 30 GB drive. Nobody is going to put a 4.8 GB game on that disk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Not always. Games would also need to be read from the disk during gameplay because (I know I play old stuff) hard drive space was limited back then. How many people in 1997 would want 700+ MB of their hard drive to be eaten away from a game? Back then, only core game files would be copied to the hard drive and everything else would be loaded as needed from the CD.

Even early 2000 games that came on DVDs would be constantly loaded from the disk. When we got a new computer in 2002, it only came standard with a 30 GB drive. Nobody is going to put a 4.8 GB game on that disk.
    I didn't mean to suggest literally "always"

You can't argue to me that glorified installation cds shouldn't be used because of harddrive space.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I didn't mean to suggest literally "always"

You can't argue to me that glorified installation cds shouldn't be used because of harddrive space.
    Yeah, it's a good idea. But if somebody WANTS to run it from a disk, they should.

Ok, A blu-ray can hold up to 50 gb dual sided. Even if you have a 500 GB drive, you won't be able to install anything more than 10 games.

Which is why I think they should have given you the ability to run off the disk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I still do see a reason in optical disks though. Many people do infact.
    The best part about it is, once you have it, you have it forever. Sure, server storage and harddrives are there too, but they won't be gauranteed to be working in 20 years.
    I know that Microsoft probably won't soon, but let's say they do go out of business. If somebody wants to play their games they cannot.
    Servers will only last as long as they want to support it.
    Yes, playing off a hard drive is sure more convenient, but instead of just making the discs glorified installation media, they should have allowed people to use the disk to play if they want.
    I laughed so hard at this.
    Please tell me you do know what company owns windows?
    Over 100+Million people in the world own a Windows computer, game on a windows computer and use a windows computer.
    Just because their entertainment part isn't doing good doesn't mean they would ever go out of business, that be me saying What if... Sony's gaming went out of business and MS bought all of their companies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Yeah, it's a good idea. But if somebody WANTS to run it from a disk, they should.

Ok, A blu-ray can hold up to 50 gb dual sided. Even if you have a 500 GB drive, you won't be able to install anything more than 10 games.

Which is why I think they should have given you the ability to run off the disk.
    This. And the fact that not everyone can simply go out and upgrade their hard drives.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    I laughed so hard at this.
    Please tell me you do know what company owns windows?
    Over 100+Million people in the world own a Windows computer, game on a windows computer and use a windows computer.
    Just because their entertainment part isn't doing good doesn't mean they would ever go out of business, that be me saying What if... Sony went out of business and MS bought them?
    Let me give you a perspective.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, almost EVERYBODY using an x86 computer had an IBM computer.
    Just because most people use it, doesn't mean it won't fail.

Though nobody even thinks about IBM when they are talking about buying a computer.

And obviously it will be gradual you dipshit. I never said they would go out anytime soon.

IBM was so important in the home and business computer industry that used an x86. They controlled pretty much all the standards. Great companies can die down too.
    Last edited by Auxilium; 06-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Auxilium For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (06-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by grin reeferx View Post
    The anonymous engineer is giving us a developer view into what they are making. Family sharing would enable people that you label as family to play a game within your shared games folder. Gives them a 30 minute to an hour long playthrough of the ENTIRE game in which to test and see if they would like to buy the game. Saves the memory also so if you do choose to buy, you can pick up where you left off. Would also allow the companies to continue profit in older used games (which seems to be a big ass deal for some odd reason).

Next is them trying to make the Xbox One a social network in itself. This is blatant marketing aimed towards the younger generations that dwell so deeply within electronics and the interwebs.

Last is him complaining about the people complaining and saying if you don't want all this new technology, just play an older system.
    Appreciated thanks for your time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

When Developers can afford to make a game so content rich it reaches 50GB without utilizing the cloud and using compression, tell me. That would be a game to see

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Let me give you a perspective.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, almost EVERYBODY using an x86 computer had an IBM computer.
    Just because most people use it, doesn't mean it won't fail.

Though nobody even thinks about IBM when they are talking about buying a computer.

And obviously it will be gradual you dipshit. I never said they would go out anytime soon.

IBM was so important in the home and business computer industry that used an x86. They controlled pretty much all the standards. Great companies can die down too.
    No but you did say as like, What if they did. I certainly just said the same thing with What if.

The thing is IBM was not has popular as windows is. During the 90s you had maybe around 10 million people or less using IBM.
    Windows is used pretty much for everything, its one of the cheapest best OS (Other then unix type OS) to use, given how many OEM build computers give it to you for free or less then 100$.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 06-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    Either way, console is pretty close to dead.
    Go PC.

Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    I NEED TO HELP PEOPLE IN HOUSTON TX UNBAN ME I don't deserve to be banned ever! I am damn near A perfect users do I look like "Dildotheking" to you guys??? I can see him being banned this long but not me!
    I am not very happy about this. Now I have to live with two infractions for the rest of my LIFE!! Over a little spamming. That's like me going to jail for 934563498 years for jaywalking. Now I have to hang and chat with the other low lives with infractions!!!!
    Hello, I would like to request Admin for A day. I have been in leader positions in certain things such as Roblox So I would hope you guys let me one day get od or Admin for A day
    Do not deal with this DEMON!!!!
    THIS GUY IS THE DEVIL!!! TRIED TO SCAM ME!

Global Moderator - October 2017
    Official News Team - June 2017
    Official Publicist - May 2017
    Moderator - May 2017
    Other MMORPGs Minion - May 2017
    Steam Minion - May 2017
    Minecraft Minion - May 2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - May 2017

The journey is over, I am finally GM. Thank you if you supported me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    When Developers can afford to make a game so content rich it reaches 50GB without utilizing the cloud and using compression, tell me. That would be a game to see
    Trust me. Games always get bigger. A game from 2009 like final fantasy needed a blu-ray. For the xbox 360 it had to come on 3 double sided DVDs. Yeah, that's only filling half of a double sided blu-ray. But as time goes on so does video game size.

It's such an obvious trend. A game from 1991 is 512 kilobytes. Then all of a sudden in 1998 ( a cartridge based one) they are 25 Megabytes and up.

Even if they only were 25 GB games, you could install 20 max. And people DO buy a lot of games. I myself have dozens of gamecube and wii games. All which cost 50 dollars at the time

Thanks
    Love how the first paragraph is a back-and-forth blame game between their internal team and the consumer lol..
    - Gone; this is another shit forum with children as administrators. Not worth contributing to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast