Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Euphemistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DreamVille
    Posts
    6,653
    Reputation
    1240
    Thanks
    1,310
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good Luck though

  2. #17
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,514
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    military isn't the way to go. It's shit you don't get payed much and when you are done or on leave you still have to find a 9 to 5 job. You also might die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

    He would work as a recruit and earn 16k a year, without having to pay for housing, food, and transportation. All he would have to do is do some basic army training, which is not even close to hard looking at what an average mans capabilities are.
    But once you go for a serious militairy carreer, I think 20k-40k is not even close to enough for what you risk.
    Like who the fuck would want to die for a humble 20k.


    I think the only thing that actually attracts people is the fact that they will expand their current capabilities, and earn the name of a soldier.



    I'm not including the paras and special forces here. They make a shitload of money.
    "AD's answer is pretty accurate and my best guess as well. I once heard a statistic that for every combat soldier there are 12 people in the Army who support him. For me to do my job I need, medics, Soldiers to handle and transport supplies, someone to handle my records and pay, someone to repair my equipment and vehicles, I need Military Intelligence to give the scoop on whats going on and what to expect. Every unit has a Battle Staff to track and coordinate my efforts. Artillery is always on standby in a secure location to provide me support with indirect fire. There are even cooks, Chaplains, UAV operators, computer specialists, radio and communications specialists.....the list goes on. The point is, most of these Soldiers rarely if ever see combat. The ones that do on a regular basis are Infantry, Scouts, Tankers, Rangers, EOD, MP's and Special Forces.

    Although a 1 to 12 ratio puts the combat Soldier at less than ten percent I would probably stick to the ten percent since convoys consisting of non-combat Soldiers get ambushed regularly. They sometimes have to fight their way out. Anyone can see combat in the form of mortar and rocket attacks on their relatively secure bases though. "

    TL;DR I think only about 8% of soldiers actually see combat.

    I was thinking of enlisting myself if I have nothing better to do. Would make me a better person imo. Smarter and Stronger.
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  3. #18
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,015
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,627
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post




    "AD's answer is pretty accurate and my best guess as well. I once heard a statistic that for every combat soldier there are 12 people in the Army who support him. For me to do my job I need, medics, Soldiers to handle and transport supplies, someone to handle my records and pay, someone to repair my equipment and vehicles, I need Military Intelligence to give the scoop on whats going on and what to expect. Every unit has a Battle Staff to track and coordinate my efforts. Artillery is always on standby in a secure location to provide me support with indirect fire. There are even cooks, Chaplains, UAV operators, computer specialists, radio and communications specialists.....the list goes on. The point is, most of these Soldiers rarely if ever see combat. The ones that do on a regular basis are Infantry, Scouts, Tankers, Rangers, EOD, MP's and Special Forces.

    Although a 1 to 12 ratio puts the combat Soldier at less than ten percent I would probably stick to the ten percent since convoys consisting of non-combat Soldiers get ambushed regularly. They sometimes have to fight their way out. Anyone can see combat in the form of mortar and rocket attacks on their relatively secure bases though. "

    TL;DR I think only about 8% of soldiers actually see combat.

    I was thinking of enlisting myself if I have nothing better to do. Would make me a better person imo. Smarter and Stronger.
    I would think a lot more then 8% go to war, and with how times are now I'm sure we are going to have a lot more wars.

  4. #19
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,514
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    military isn't the way to go. It's shit you don't get payed much and when you are done or on leave you still have to find a 9 to 5 job. You also might die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

    He would work as a recruit and earn 16k a year, without having to pay for housing, food, and transportation. All he would have to do is do some basic army training, which is not even close to hard looking at what an average mans capabilities are.
    But once you go for a serious militairy carreer, I think 20k-40k is not even close to enough for what you risk.
    Like who the fuck would want to die for a humble 20k.


    I think the only thing that actually attracts people is the fact that they will expand their current capabilities, and earn the name of a soldier.



    I'm not including the paras and special forces here. They make a shitload of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshcarr2006 View Post
    I would think a lot more then 8% go to war, and with how times are now I'm sure we are going to have a lot more wars.
    Well a bunch probably actually leave the country and go into the warzone. But I think about 8% actually get into a gun fight.
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  5. #20
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,740
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post






    Well a bunch probably actually leave the country and go into the warzone. But I think about 8% actually get into a gun fight.

    Even if you get into a gunfight, unless you go for a serious carreer, you will most likely never face a target in a real firefight who is closer than 1 km.
    The precautions taken by the governments to protect basic soldiers are enormous.

    Basic soldiers, not special forces or paracommandos.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  6. #21
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    You probably won't pass the physical... or basic for that matter.
    Then they give you double rations and fatten you up.



  7. #22
    MD5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    57
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    You should make it the way out man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Any1 plan on buying retail..
    By Synns in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 12:02 PM
  2. my plan to kill this guy
    By Mikeck901323 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 06:18 AM
  3. Planning to blow Up PunkBuster HQ
    By shaban in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
  4. I plan...
    By patrick8099 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 07:35 AM
  5. Plan to stop leechers
    By Methadone727 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 04:34 PM