Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    It's mainly dependent on the geographical location. If it is a cold area and that specific area is warmer, then they will group together to survive. Either way my point was by stating it was one type of Daddy Longlegs without even mentioning the other the OP of the post on Opiliones was being quite negligent to the fact that there are more than one sub-genus of Daddy Longlegs.
    Would love to see a group of them like displayed in that picture.
    Like I said they aren't social, when the weather gets cold they tend to burrow not have giant orgies like that.

  2. #47
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Would love to see a group of them like displayed in that picture.
    Like I said they aren't social, when the weather gets cold they tend to burrow not have giant orgies like that.
    Not all of them like/can burrow. In colder climates, there's no way they could get through the perma-frost top layer, so massive orgy would then ensue.

  3. #48
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Not all of them like/can burrow. In colder climates, there's no way they could get through the perma-frost top layer, so massive orgy would then ensue.
    Lol.. they don't make burrows they inhabit abandoned mammal burrows.
    You're wrong here Leh, no massive orgy nor is there any proof that one would ensue due to climate change.
    When you find something indicating the contrary let me know. Until then move yer' pretty lil ass along.

  4. #49
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    I was gonna post a video of thousands of spiders outside in some Asian country that had spun web everywhere. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKD00R View Post
    Hey buddy, come on to Brazil!

    That was the one I meant!

  5. #50
    The Productive Tnuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cuntland
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    182
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Amused
    Bleh I fucking hate insects.
    If you're reading this, I recommend you to go fuck yourself.
    Old name: The Productive Cunt

  6. #51
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Lol.. they don't make burrows they inhabit abandoned mammal burrows.
    You're wrong here Leh, no massive orgy nor is there any proof that one would ensue due to climate change.
    When you find something indicating the contrary let me know. Until then move yer' pretty lil ass along.
    I'd like to see your sources that they do not group together under certain circumstances, because I haven't read anything of the sort for the Pholcus Phalangioides. As for the burrowing part, I didn't even look that part up lulz, too busy drinking last night.

  7. #52
    Transfixed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Over ze rainbows.
    Posts
    3,302
    Reputation
    252
    Thanks
    1,439
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    muah no like spiders
    https://i.imgur.com/HCSHIhT.jpg

    Need a vouch done? Click the banner above!


  8. #53
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,690
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    I'd like to see your sources that they do not group together under certain circumstances, because I haven't read anything of the sort for the Pholcus Phalangioides. As for the burrowing part, I didn't even look that part up lulz, too busy drinking last night.
    Well because it's a known fact that they aren't social. That would be a pretty good indication.
    Not to mention that not much is even known of their mating habits which would also indicate that seeing them together is pretty rare.
    When I was in Jersey our warehouse was full of these things. They had these shitty looking webs that weren't all pretty like most spider webs.
    They looked more like some messy ass cob webs. Anyway it got cold as shit in that warehouse during the winters,
    They didn't go away though, I would see them mostly in the corners during the winter or webbed up around our shrink wrap machines because it kicked off some heat. Normally during the summer you would see them at the entrance to the air freight side of our building, there was a fence cage where people had to get checked in before they entered the building due to TSA regulation. But yeah you wouldn't see them there in the winter so you're right, they don't like cold.

    Now even though I do have a bachelor's in environmental science, (I'm sure that's been brought up in the past I'm not just using it to swing my dick in this argument) that doesn't mean a whole lot here even though there were some insect course studies.
    I've actually been interested in Arachnids/Arthropods since I was a kid. Ever since seeing my first wolf spider on a camping trip with my dad.
    I actually still have some of the books I had back then, even though they're beat to shit.

    Anyway to get back on point here, it's really just using simple logic pertaining to the original picture we're debating here.
    Though the picture isn't zoomed in, you can actually bring it into photoshop and zoom it in,
    I think the bodies themselves were visible enough to show the trademark Opilione body (oval)
    but I do understand that the smaller species of Pholcidae don't all have long bodies like the bigger guys.
    What I felt was most convincing is the legs. Pholcidae pretty much every species I've seen not only in books but up close have pretty distinct looking legs.
    The biggest distinction is there are parts of their legs that look jointed. For instance you have the long part of their leg which is like a tan color.
    Then you get to this tiny spec that seems to be a darker brown, and it almost looks like it would act as if our elbow would as it would extend to another one of these darker parts (wrist). So basically the leg looks straight, then a bend at that dark brown colored "joint" Then another bend at the second brown "joint"
    Zoomed in you'll see a similar "joint pattern" with the Opilione the only real difference is that there is hardly a color variation between the leg and joint.
    The joint itself is shaped differently as well.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 07-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.

  9. #54
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,004
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,004
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by BACKD00R View Post
    Hey buddy, come on to Brazil!


    oh fuck no. nope.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo




    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  10. #55
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post



    oh fuck no. nope.
    You should totally watch it.

  11. #56
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,461
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    oh fuck no. nope.
    So does that mean we can scare the shit out of you by making you watch spider films?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  12. #57
    Sjla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,176
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    81
    DONT DIE AUSTIN I LOVE U



    @

  13. #58
    WalterWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    308
    Reputation
    81
    Thanks
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Pholcus Phalangioides are classified as spiders, so dependent on the sub-genus of the organism in question a Daddy Longlegs can, in fact, be a spider, as both are called Daddy Longlegs. As for "not qualified", there is no such thing. Getting a degree in environmental biological sciences does not make one more knowledgeable in the subject. Lastly, you have no idea what qualifications I do have, random assuming of certain possible aspects of another persons life without prior connotation to the subject in question is trivial.
    I know you well enough to make such an assumption, and of everyone on this site I think of you as the one with the widest range of talents However, even for one who spent years studying Arachnids soecificaly, Identifying exact species is still a difficult task

  14. #59
    Rattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Crack House
    Posts
    11,652
    Reputation
    1343
    Thanks
    2,498
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Sounds like my siblings room every night. There are so many bugs that I have no clue how they get in, all over the ceiling. Carcasses of spiders, leaf hoppers, mosquitoes, flies, and other shit. It's a graveyard. It's a daily routine activity now.
    Previous Name: Woods / Opticz
    • Minecraft Minion from: September 28th, 2011 - December 8th, 2013
    • League Of Legends Minion from: October 16th, 2011 - March 30th, 2012
    • AVA Minion from: January 6th, 2012 - March 30th, 2012
    • Battlefield Minion from: February 3rd, 2013 - December 8th, 2013
    • Combat Arms Wiki Editor from: June 15, 2011 - July 4, 2011
    Proud to be a part of the first gen. MPGH Editors.

    Contact:
    Email: realmpghwoods@gmail.com
    Skype: mpghwoods


  15. #60
    WalterWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    308
    Reputation
    81
    Thanks
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods View Post
    Sounds like my siblings room every night. There are so many bugs that I have no clue how they get in, all over the ceiling. Carcasses of spiders, leaf hoppers, mosquitoes, flies, and other shit. It's a graveyard. It's a daily routine activity now.
    I suggest a tube of caulking and a bucket of spackling. Check the lining of your window

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Trade]WoW Burning Crusade Account!
    By Massaka in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
  2. Burning crusade
    By SadisticGrin in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
  3. MapleStory 91 Crusader For High Lvl Warrock Account
    By JJxkrn in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 11:01 PM