Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Well because it's a known fact that they aren't social. That would be a pretty good indication.
    Not to mention that not much is even known of their mating habits which would also indicate that seeing them together is pretty rare.
    When I was in Jersey our warehouse was full of these things. They had these shitty looking webs that weren't all pretty like most spider webs.
    They looked more like some messy ass cob webs. Anyway it got cold as shit in that warehouse during the winters,
    They didn't go away though, I would see them mostly in the corners during the winter or webbed up around our shrink wrap machines because it kicked off some heat. Normally during the summer you would see them at the entrance to the air freight side of our building, there was a fence cage where people had to get checked in before they entered the building due to TSA regulation. But yeah you wouldn't see them there in the winter so you're right, they don't like cold.

Now even though I do have a bachelor's in environmental science, (I'm sure that's been brought up in the past I'm not just using it to swing my dick in this argument) that doesn't mean a whole lot here even though there were some insect course studies.
    I've actually been interested in Arachnids/Arthropods since I was a kid. Ever since seeing my first wolf spider on a camping trip with my dad.
    I actually still have some of the books I had back then, even though they're beat to shit.

Anyway to get back on point here, it's really just using simple logic pertaining to the original picture we're debating here.
    Though the picture isn't zoomed in, you can actually bring it into photoshop and zoom it in,
    I think the bodies themselves were visible enough to show the trademark Opilione body (oval)
    but I do understand that the smaller species of Pholcidae don't all have long bodies like the bigger guys.
    What I felt was most convincing is the legs. Pholcidae pretty much every species I've seen not only in books but up close have pretty distinct looking legs.
    The biggest distinction is there are parts of their legs that look jointed. For instance you have the long part of their leg which is like a tan color.
    Then you get to this tiny spec that seems to be a darker brown, and it almost looks like it would act as if our elbow would as it would extend to another one of these darker parts (wrist). So basically the leg looks straight, then a bend at that dark brown colored "joint" Then another bend at the second brown "joint"
    Zoomed in you'll see a similar "joint pattern" with the Opilione the only real difference is that there is hardly a color variation between the leg and joint.
    The joint itself is shaped differently as well.

I see what you are saying, there are a few aspects I have overlooked, I can admit to that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
    I suggest a tube of caulking and a bucket of spackling. Check the lining of your window
    Did, it's sealed with tape.
    Previous Name: Woods / Opticz
    • Minecraft Minion from: September 28th, 2011 - December 8th, 2013
    • League Of Legends Minion from: October 16th, 2011 - March 30th, 2012
    • AVA Minion from: January 6th, 2012 - March 30th, 2012
    • Battlefield Minion from: February 3rd, 2013 - December 8th, 2013
    • Combat Arms Wiki Editor from: June 15, 2011 - July 4, 2011
    Proud to be a part of the first gen. MPGH Editors.

Email: realmpghwoods@gmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Kill them with fire!

SUMO FORCE SKINNY BITCHES!!!

JOIN NOW!

Me diving to the pool!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Burn down your house.
    Want to get giftcards, electronics, and much more ..for FREE?

P2S is the way to go. It offers countless amount of items at cheap rates. It has everything from giftcards to paypal money.

To get started...

Go to any web-browsing software, and type in "https://w w w. p o i n t s 2 s h o p . c o m ? r e f =uin1392610755" without the quotes and spaces. Hit Enter. Register and verify your account by going into your e-mail.

At the top, go to "Profile" and Edit your account info and demographics (You will get pts for this). Then, go to Earn Points, and click on any offer you'd like and do those. You will get points. Once you have enough points, scroll over to "Spend Points" at the top and click on whatever category you would like, then buy the item.

Have fun!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Dafuq are you talkin about nigga?
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345