Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,748
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,092

    What is the difference?

    Hey guys



    So as a boxer, I only train naturally, because I'm afraid that training with weights might affect me differently.


    Could someone briefly explain me the difference between training with your own bodyweight and the difference between training with weights?
    I'll +rep you
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  2. #2
    CockIsMyBreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    71
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Hey guys



    So as a boxer, I only train naturally, because I'm afraid that training with weights might affect me differently.


    Could someone briefly explain me the difference between training with your own bodyweight and the difference between training with weights?
    I'll +rep you

    Training with weights will give you more muscles, so you will look better, make sure you're 18+ tho

  3. #3
    Oneirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    3Oh!3, Colorado
    Posts
    4,573
    Reputation
    876
    Thanks
    865
    My Mood
    Inspired
    depends if you want to build muscle and be big, or stay smaller and fit...

    Cardio = highers metabolism and loses fat
    weights = strengthen muscles and lowers metabolism

    me i'm smaller guy, so i want to gain weight. So what I do is carbo load like a mother fucker and lift a lot of weights. not so much cardio.

    want to stay strong without all the weight gain, keep doing cardio like running and push ups and shit and don't lift as much weights

    as a boxer you should balance between both, that's what I do as a MMA fighter

  4. #4
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,515
    Reputation
    2110
    Thanks
    2,985
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well weight are adjustable
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  5. #5
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,748
    Reputation
    840
    Thanks
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    depends if you want to build muscle and be big, or stay smaller and fit...

    Cardio = highers metabolism and loses fat
    weights = strengthen muscles and lowers metabolism

    me i'm smaller guy, so i want to gain weight. So what I do is carbo load like a mother fucker and lift a lot of weights. not so much cardio.

    want to stay strong without all the weight gain, keep doing cardio like running and push ups and shit and don't lift as much weights

    as a boxer you should balance between both, that's what I do as a MMA fighter
    I fear that if I start using weights, my muscles would actually show more, and I might be able to put out more power, but I won't have the power that I should have with a body that you can achieve by using weights.

    I see weights as a shortcut, and thats why I never use them

    Can someone prove me wrong, if I am wrong?
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread






  6. #6
    Sector A7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Moon...
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Happy
    You can only get so "big" when training with your own bodyweight, but weights will take you to another level.
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

  7. #7
    CockIsMyBreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    71
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I fear that if I start using weights, my muscles would actually show more, and I might be able to put out more power, but I won't have the power that I should have with a body that you can achieve by using weights.

    I see weights as a shortcut, and thats why I never use them

    Can someone prove me wrong, if I am wrong?
    Weights will build your muscle more, so you will look like one of those wrestlers or MMA fighters, but make sure that once you reach a certain amount, STOP, don't continue, or else you will look really stupid

  8. #8
    Sector A7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Moon...
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by CockIsMyBreakfast View Post
    Weights will build your muscle more, so you will look like one of those wrestlers or MMA fighters, but make sure that once you reach a certain amount, STOP, don't continue, or else you will look really stupid
    Define stupid.
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

  9. #9
    CockIsMyBreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    71
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector A7 View Post


    Define stupid.
    You................

  10. #10
    Sector A7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Moon...
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by CockIsMyBreakfast View Post
    You................
    HAHAHA how will lifting weights make you look stupid?
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

  11. #11
    CockIsMyBreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    71
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector A7 View Post


    HAHAHA how will lifting weights make you look stupid?
    If you keep lifting them too much, have you seen those guys with like super mascular bodies? they look really funny

    ---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector A7 View Post


    HAHAHA how will lifting weights make you look stupid?
    Here is what i mean :

  12. #12
    Sector A7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Moon...
    Posts
    132
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by CockIsMyBreakfast View Post
    If you keep lifting them too much, have you seen those guys with like super mascular bodies? they look really funny
    They take steroids. You ever heard of natural bodybuilding? I think their bodies look great.

    I can tell you don't know much about bodybuilding/lifting weights...
    Last edited by Sector A7; 07-15-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

  13. #13
    Oneirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    3Oh!3, Colorado
    Posts
    4,573
    Reputation
    876
    Thanks
    865
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I fear that if I start using weights, my muscles would actually show more, and I might be able to put out more power, but I won't have the power that I should have with a body that you can achieve by using weights.

    I see weights as a shortcut, and thats why I never use them

    Can someone prove me wrong, if I am wrong?
    really boxing is just about power. I've been doing jujitsu, muay thai, wrestling and mma for 5-6 years now and strength doesn't really matter as much as stamina, accuracy, skill, and maneuverability.

    if you are really taking this boxing seriously, then like what I do is not try to "max out" on weight but rather stick with smaller weights such as 10-15 lbs which helps. don't do as many reps, but do enough to burn fat while building some muscle tone. keep doing alot of cardio, intake alot of protein (good protein {i use soy} not that shitty creatine and stuff since that's for heavy builders). if you follow that regiment with the boxing you're already doing you can be fucking strong as hell without having so much muscle build up.

    i'm 125lbs and fighting in feather-weight but my cardio and maneuverability can definitely keep up if not do better than someone with just strength and muscle

    frost if you need any more tips or anything about boxing i'd be happy to help you, since obviously everyone else is just posting shit about steroids. My trainer was davarryl williams who is a boxer for the US olympics (called the touch of sleep for like 24 kos out of 28 fight) who trains me here in colorado

    let me know!

  14. #14
    FMDSatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lives under my secret hiding place
    Posts
    1,119
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    85
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    I fear that if I start using weights, my muscles would actually show more, and I might be able to put out more power, but I won't have the power that I should have with a body that you can achieve by using weights.

    I see weights as a shortcut, and thats why I never use them

    Can someone prove me wrong, if I am wrong?
    MMA Artists use weights . . some of them doesn't get affected that much like anderson silva he doesn't looked that buffed
    Talking like a bad ass over the internet doesn't really make you a complete bad ass irl .
    Talking bout drugs and shit over the internet doesn't make you cooler either .
    What's on the internet stays on the internet .

  15. #15
    Kibstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    417
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Hey guys



    So as a boxer, I only train naturally, because I'm afraid that training with weights might affect me differently.


    Could someone briefly explain me the difference between training with your own bodyweight and the difference between training with weights?
    I'll +rep you
    this depends on the division your trying to get into
    Vouchers

     
    Quote Originally Posted by NnNnN View Post
    Gave me account.Awesome +1 vouch for this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Awesome trade, he went first and everything was settled perfectly! +1 VOUCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    got the account +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
  2. What is the difference between Lithtech DTX and "Nexon"?
    By revolutioner in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
  3. what's the difference
    By BaNNeD PoLyTP in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
  4. What's the difference?
    By Azrial009 in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 07:00 PM
  5. What is the difference?
    By sethclant48 in forum Combat Arms Europe Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 02:41 AM