Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Naww, sidewinders are only red. The logitech equivalent has blue leds.

Amazon.com: Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard with Backlighting (920-003371): Video Games
    Oh this is perfect! Cool cool, thanks :P So whenever I get the money (or when Christmas comes around) I might get this, unless you recommend something similar to this that is better? :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaian13 View Post

Oh this is perfect! Cool cool, thanks :P So whenever I get the money (or when Christmas comes around) I might get this, unless you recommend something similar to this that is better? :P
    The G105 is a pretty good keyboard. But you're getting what you pay for really. I know a few people who are pretty happy with that keyboard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-23-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaian13 View Post
    Found this interesting keyboard, thought you might like it @Antipathy
    Amazon.com : Mad Catz V.7 Keyboard for PC : Gaming Keyboard : Electronics (I have to link it because.. well its amazon, can't really copy them pictures :P ).
    Well, I already have their mouse, so I don't really feel the need to have more of their stuff.
    Already had my eye on it previously.

Get a mechanical keyboard with brown switches. That's all you'll ever need.

I have one of these, but a cheaper mech keyboard from steelseries, cm or corsair will do the same trick.

Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 (Cherry MX Brown) Backlit Mechanical Keyboard

You can also buy a set of orings to fit underneath the keycaps to stop the clacking sound.
    Well, that one was really pricy, I'm think a 100$ limit on the keyboard, besides.
    I'm a sucker for multimedia buttons and I'd like to get in to macros.

Although, I like the individual led lighting on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scammer² View Post
    Holy shit it looks nice, but the space bar is kinda big for me
    Makes it hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Denelf² View Post
    Why do you need lights on your keyboard, I play games with a regular Logitech 'mk500 wireless Keyboard and mouse
    If it's a dark room, then you'll see the keys in case you lost your orientation.
    It looks nice, so that's two reasons for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post

mk 300 and i can say, both being wireless, i am very happy
    So wtf is up with those lights and space bar+ colors?
    It's like saying, hey ,u want to spend more on stuff that are quite pointless? YES
    same as buying apple stuff
    I understand your point.
    Although, I dislike wireless keyboards, they have a tendency to give in way ahead.
    The colors doesn't matter, the space bar, no idea.

Biggest reason for me looking at this keyboard is the layered macros and multimedia keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapezy View Post
    Go for a mechanical keyboard @Antipathy or maybe a touch screen one
    The one I have now is mechanical. And I might be uneducated, but it seems they make a bit more noise than the dome ones.
    But as Doc said, it should be solvable with orings and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Garen View Post
    I love my APEX (I got the colored illuminated one), macro keys work really well and are nicely placed (at least for me, I am male and my hands are averaged size, I use macros mainly for WoW).
    The space-bar on the APEX is fucking godlike and the keyboard itself is really slim but still sturdy and rubberized enough to not move under heavy use.
    I also really like the design, it is very simple and looks awesome with the different color settings.

That said, it is not a mechanical keyboard but I still really like it.
    If you have used mechanical before, how much do you feel it differs from this one that is a rubber dome?

Since we are in for recommending keyboards and the like now.
    I know very little about keyboards, besides mechanical for some reason being better when gaming due to response or something (and durability?)

But what I prefer on a keyboard is a set of multimedia keys so that I don't have to leave my game, typing or whatever I'm doing just to change song when I can just press a button on the keyboard, lower or raise the volume or even switch songs.

A few extra buttons seems like heaven to me, I've never had a keyboard with macro keys or even layers, but I'd like to try it out, I can see myself having a lot of use for it but hey, what do I know.

So with that being said, I'd like a keyboard that is pretty silent, good for gaming, has multimedia buttons and if possible extra buttons for macros and layers.
    I'm on a budget of about 100 - 140$~
    Oh and yeah, it has to be durable, I'm not gonna throw away 140$ for piece of shit that falls apart when I play.
    Last edited by Xenocide; 07-23-2013 at 06:06 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenocide For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-23-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

If you have used mechanical before, how much do you feel it differs from this one that is a rubber dome?
    Mechanical keyboards are more klicky, they feel more responsive and require a certain amount of force to push the key down (depends on the switch, these are called CherryMX's, there are CherryMX Blacks, Red, Brown, Clear, Blue and Whites, all with different actuation force).
    A membrane keyboard is normally not calibrated to have a certain actuation force.
    I think the actuation force is the main difference between membrane and mechanical.

I can't safely say that the APEX is a keyboard that will not break, I only had it for 2 weeks now but I have very very good experience with Steelseries, I use many different products from them, including the 4HD mousepad and my previous keyboard, the Merc Stealth and I only switched it out to the APEX because I spilled coffee on it^^
    Last edited by C.C.; 07-23-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garen View Post
    Mechanical keyboards are more klicky, they feel more responsive and require a certain amount of force to push the key down (depends on the switch, these are called CherryMX's, there are CherryMX Blacks, Red, Brown, Clear, Blue and Whites, all with different actuation force).
    A membrane keyboard is normally not calibrated to have a certain actuation force.
    I think the actuation force is the main difference between membrane and mechanical.

I can't safely say that the APEX is a keyboard that will not break, I only had it for 2 weeks now but I have very very good experience with Steelseries, I use many different products from them, including the 4HD mousepad and my previous keyboard, the Merc Stealth and I only switched it out to the APEX because I spilled coffee on it^^
    Can you use Cherries on the APEX?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

Can you use Cherries on the APEX?
    Nope you can't.

Thanks

Nope you can't.
    Well, now I'm torn.
    I need a new keyboard but there's always some tiny detail that makes me not want to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234