Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    Not really... Crowdsurfing is meant for people who can't afford to fund the project.

    I've heard of Projects on Kickstarter get shut down for similar reasons.
    There's nothing in their ToS about having to be poor or not being able to fund your own project in order to start an indiegogo or kickstarter projects. Look at Star Citizen, Veronica Mars Movie (hell that's backed by Warner Brothers), Wish I Was Here, and Spike Lee's Joint. All backed by wealthy people wh are more than capable of funding the project by themselves and other investors.

    Projects that get canned by KS and IG are the "fund my life" campaigns, where there are no benefits to being a funder and the creator gets to go on a holiday or prove some point.


    ---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post

    I was talking about the website, the website is meant for people that cannot afford to fund the project themselves.
    No it's not. Straight from IG's faq.

    "There is no limitation on who can use Indiegogo as long as you have a valid bank account."

  2. #17
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ​No way would it take $250k to create a single app.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

    HalfBajan (08-06-2013),PyrexxHero® (08-11-2013)

  4. #18
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,336
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    Not really... Crowdsurfing is meant for people who can't afford to fund the project.

    I've heard of Projects on Kickstarter get shut down for similar reasons.
    I thought crowdsurfing was where you just off stage into the crowd and float around until someone drops you?

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  5. #19
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoi View Post


    I thought crowdsurfing was where you just off stage into the crowd and float around until someone drops you?
    It is, Dave just dun goofed.

  6. #20
    brendan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    154
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    24
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I have seen smosh mabye tiwce. i think if you watch there vlogs every second that goes by in the video u get just a little stupiderrrrrerrrer

  7. #21
    dj46563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hawaii, Jelly?
    Posts
    1,038
    Reputation
    123
    Thanks
    466
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​No way would it take $250k to create a single app.
    I have no idea what kind of game they are making, and how large it is going to be, but making games is very expensive, especially since they are hiring staff to work on it. Hiring and paying employees for a few months is not cheap.

  8. #22
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post
    I have no idea what kind of game they are making, and how large it is going to be, but making games is very expensive, especially since they are hiring staff to work on it. Hiring and paying employees for a few months is not cheap.
    So where does your argument stem from in that case?

  9. #23
    Youtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location Location Location!
    Posts
    3,328
    Reputation
    1175
    Thanks
    477
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    That's totally BS. I can make this stupid app in 2 weeks with 0$ funding so I think they should just be glad they are going to be getting tons of money for simply being famous already.



  10. #24
    dj46563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hawaii, Jelly?
    Posts
    1,038
    Reputation
    123
    Thanks
    466
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    So where does your argument stem from in that case?
    You mean my argument that smosh should put this on indie gogo? Because they are rich.

  11. #25
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post
    You mean my argument that smosh should put this on indie gogo? Because they are rich.
    Besides them being rich having nothing to do with whether or not they are allowed to crowdfund, you yourself just said that developing a game costs a lot more than $250K. Is it too far a stretch to think that perhaps they are funding the majority of the game and are only partially crowdfunding?

  12. #26
    Youtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location Location Location!
    Posts
    3,328
    Reputation
    1175
    Thanks
    477
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Besides them being rich having nothing to do with whether or not they are allowed to crowdfund, you yourself just said that developing a game costs a lot more than $250K. Is it too far a stretch to think that perhaps they are funding the majority of the game and are only partially crowdfunding?
    Who in the right mind would even create a free app for such a cost O_O
    This is an APP docy :\ If they'd get more than like 5$ they will be sitting around asking themselves from where should they order their pizza from.



  13. #27
    dj46563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hawaii, Jelly?
    Posts
    1,038
    Reputation
    123
    Thanks
    466
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Besides them being rich having nothing to do with whether or not they are allowed to crowdfund, you yourself just said that developing a game costs a lot more than $250K. Is it too far a stretch to think that perhaps they are funding the majority of the game and are only partially crowdfunding?
    When did I say it costs more than $250k? Like I said, I do not know how far they want to go with this game, perhaps it costs more, perhaps it costs less. The fact is that indiegogo is not for them.

  14. #28
    Low Tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I WANT TO BE BANNED NO PLS ARUN DUN DO ET
    Posts
    374
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    31
    I can't believe people watch smosh. It's gay as fuck I swear.

  15. #29
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youtro View Post
    Who in the right mind would even create a free app for such a cost O_O
    This is an APP docy :\ If they'd get more than like 5$ they will be sitting around asking themselves from where should they order their pizza from.
    I'm sorry youtro but if you're delusional if you think someone can make a fully fledged 3D adventure cross platform title for less than $5

    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post
    When did I say it costs more than $250k? Like I said, I do not know how far they want to go with this game, perhaps it costs more, perhaps it costs less. The fact is that indiegogo is not for them.
    You said developing a game is incredibly expensive, and I agree with that sentiment. But it's not up for you to decide if IG isn't for them, when there is nothing to suggest this.

  16. #30
    master131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    8,855
    Reputation
    3438
    Thanks
    81,050
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by dj46563 View Post
    When did I say it costs more than $250k? Like I said, I do not know how far they want to go with this game, perhaps it costs more, perhaps it costs less. The fact is that indiegogo is not for them.
    The large cost is probably to do with the developer they have working on it which is Liquid Development. They've worked on Halo 4, Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, Kinect Adventures, Fallout 3, Killzone 2, Dragon Age 2 and other games too.

    Liquid Development :: Home
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9


    Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.7.1 *NEW*
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

    Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

    --My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]


    All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

    --Gifts--
    [Kyle]

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to master131 For This Useful Post:

    Doc (08-06-2013),ScarletSix (08-06-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Money Hack
    By Risooo in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
  2. We need to gather as much money as possible
    By arunforce in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 01:34 AM
  3. inf exp/money hack
    By yocinfluence in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 07:57 AM
  4. hitman:blood and money
    By m164life in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 06:06 PM
  5. Runescape money edit...perminant?
    By wardo1926 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 07:34 PM