Thread: News Team

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Distraught View Post

Well that's exactly the issue. It wasn't meant to be rude until he started getting mad at others over his lack of work. He has the power to fire people and hire new ones so there should be no complaining or excuses when stuff isn't being done. It's just the matter of him not wanting/having the time to do it.
    Well this is our problem, step by step:
    1. We ask for the articles
    2. At the last fucking second, some guy goes "OH LOL I'M ON VACATION DO IT YOURSELF"
    3. Get the freelancers to do it
    4. Oh wait we don't have any because they always seem to disappear on us
    5. Psychotic gets stuck writing 2-3 sections
    6. Everything goes haywire

40% of the time when we recruit someone, they just end up leaving as soon as they join. I think we have like, one freelancer (out of the 3 we wanted), and I think we're missing a section or two because they just up and left. Whenever we make apps, we always get people and then they just fucking drop out. It isn't working, and none of us are willing to write 10 articles just so 20 people can skim over it and focus all their reading on the interviews (because let's face it, most people only read the interviews).

I don't feel discouraged at all to do my writing, nor does anyone who's stayed on this fucking train, even if nobody reads it. It's fun.

We just need people who don't need to be constantly motivated and babied, and apparently they just don't exist.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Distraught (08-24-2013),[SMA] Paradise` (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    News fo = Who the hell reads this besides the interviews?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack in the box View Post
    News fo = Who the hell reads this besides the interviews?
    Exactly, which is why people are dropping out of the News Force like flies, because people never bother to read our articles.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    We just need people who don't need to be constantly motivated and babied, and apparently they just don't exist.
    Very true. Well the community needed to hear something of that sort because it does seem like the News articles are appreciated. Obviously nobody was trying to blame a specific person for lack of work when its obvious people are picking up tasks they shouldn't have to. However excuses won't help anyone. Something needs to be done. Glad you were open about it and it's people like you that will keep the team going.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Well this is our problem, step by step:
    1. We ask for the articles
    2. At the last fucking second, some guy goes "OH LOL I'M ON VACATION DO IT YOURSELF"
    3. Get the freelancers to do it
    4. Oh wait we don't have any because they always seem to disappear on us
    5. Psychotic gets stuck writing 2-3 sections
    6. Everything goes haywire

40% of the time when we recruit someone, they just end up leaving as soon as they join. I think we have like, one freelancer (out of the 3 we wanted), and I think we're missing a section or two because they just up and left. Whenever we make apps, we always get people and then they just fucking drop out. It isn't working, and none of us are willing to write 10 articles just so 20 people can skim over it and focus all their reading on the interviews (because let's face it, most people only read the interviews).

I don't feel discouraged at all to do my writing, nor does anyone who's stayed on this fucking train, even if nobody reads it. It's fun.

Sounds like it's time to get rid of the backups/writers who aren't as motivated anymore to work on the news team anymore. As a manager, psychotic needs to figure out who's not doing what they said they are doing and hire some people who have literate skills and have been apart of MPGH for a while. Maybe it's time to promote the most active member of the news team as a new manager to figure out who needs to go, who needs to stay, who needs to be added onto the new team.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Very true. Well the community needed to hear something of that sort because it does seem like the News articles are appreciated. Obviously nobody was trying to blame a specific person for lack of work when its obvious people are picking up tasks they shouldn't have to. However excuses won't help anyone. Something needs to be done. Glad you were open about it and it's people like you that will keep the team going.
    oh gee thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    Sounds like it's time to get rid of the backups/writers who aren't as motivated anymore to work on the news team anymore. As a manager, psychotic needs to figure out who's not doing what they said they are doing and hire some people who have literate skills and have been apart of MPGH for a while. Maybe it's time to promote the most active member of the news team as a new manager to figure out who needs to go, who needs to stay, who needs to be added onto the new team.
    The problem with getting new people is that how long they've been here/# of posts/etc. are unnecessary variables. We've had people with 600 posts in 3 years stick with us for months, and we've had people with 10,000 in 2 years do nothing. It's a gamble.
    also that manager idea is going to be in my favor soon hopefully

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    oh gee thanks

The problem with getting new people is that how long they've been here/# of posts/etc. are unnecessary variables. We've had people with 600 posts in 3 years stick with us for months, and we've had people with 10,000 in 2 years do nothing. It's a gamble.
    also that manager idea is going to be in my favor soon hopefully
    well instead of having tryouts, maybe talk to with the news team and figure out a list of people who you think would benefit and ask them personally. Because when you make a try out thread obviously tons of people want the tag so are going to apply.

Just keep an eye out for someone who is
    1. Literate
    2. Knowledgeable
    3. Good Activity
    4. Person familiar with MPGH

Just want to add if any part of the news team needs help/ideas/backup I'd be happy to help, I don't need the Tag or Permissions. I just have a lot of free time... I hate seeing that something isn't right with the news team, I enjoy seeing them every week. It's a shame to see it fall apart internally.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Here's my reply to Distraught: lol, so dumb I can't even reply.

Onto Oneirish: Have you read one single motherfucking thing that's been said by me or Nitekillr?

Sounds like it's time to get rid of the backups/writers who aren't as motivated anymore to work on the news team anymore.
    Are you saying that we haven't? We have countless time booted people that are inactive and unmotivated to try and get more people in. Read through our posts again, please. "it's a gamble"

Just keep an eye out for someone who is
    1. Literate
    2. Knowledgeable
    3. Good Activity
    4. Person familiar with MPGH
    because we don't go by this already? Are you implying that none of our members have met or exceeded these requirements? Those are basic requirements, we also go off of personal perspective of the person and how well we see them work. That's why the News FO used to be full of all Minions, because we knew they knew what responsibility was, and they were active.

Just want to add if any part of the news team needs help/ideas/backup I'd be happy to help
    Nothing you have said is of any help or an idea. We have it implemented just like your numbered requirement list. All of your speculations, assumptions, implications, and generally, every single one of your posts has been out of ignorance. Have you read anything Nitekillr has said?

@Oneirish @Distraught
    Last edited by Psychotic; 08-24-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hugo Boss (08-24-2013),[SMA] Paradise` (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    How are you leading a team when you can't even handle the truth. End of story. Stop slacking and blaming everyone else. Your to much of a joke to understand the community is supporting you. Typical prick. No wonder the news team doesn't even like you. Could of taken the criticism and actually done something. Instead of acting almighty in general without tending to the issues within the news team.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    Here's my reply to Distraught: lol, so dumb I can't even reply.

Onto Oneirish: Have you read one single motherfucking thing that's been said by me or Nitekillr?

Are you saying that we haven't? We have countless time booted people that are inactive and unmotivated to try and get more people in. Read through our posts again, please. "it's a gamble"

because we don't go by this already? Are you implying that none of our members have met or exceeded these requirements? Those are basic requirements, we also go off of personal perspective of the person and how well we see them work. That's why the News FO used to be full of all Minions, because we knew they knew what responsibility was, and they were active.

Nothing you have said is of any help or an idea. We have it implemented just like your numbered requirement list. All of your speculations, assumptions, implications, and generally, every single one of your posts has been out of ignorance. Have you read anything Nitekillr has said?

@Oneirish @Distraught
    Dude I've been on your side from day 1. All I'm saying is that these new threads are taking weeks-months when it should take a week. As a manager you should discuss and acknowledge to your entire team what's the status of the finalized product but instead it's just the writers submitting their content, and not hearing back until your compile it all together. That's being a compiler not a manager. I'm trying to help you get this news section back into shape so nobody keeps making threads about where the news is.. Instead of calling me "arrogant" and publically showing everyone how much you can't handle this position, you should take all this criticism into affect, figure out what the problem is, and come up of a way to solve. You shouldn't be having two people who aren't apart of the news team trying to help you run your team...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    How are you leading a team when you can't even handle the truth. End of story. Stop slacking and blaming everyone else. Your to much of a joke to understand the community is supporting you. Typical prick. No wonder the news team doesn't even like you. Could of taken the criticism and actually done something. Instead of acting almighty in general without tending to the issues within the news team.
    Okay you need to tone it down right now. He is NOT a slacker. Enough of this petty bullshit. Who the fuck are you to call someone else a joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Doc (08-25-2013),[SMA] Paradise` (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Okay you need to tone it down right now. He is NOT a slacker. Enough of this petty bullshit. Who the fuck are you to call someone else a joke?
    You tell me. Who is he to blame everyone else for his poor management skills? He took the position. In no way should he be disrespectful to people trying to help. Read all the posts please. Last time I checked, weren't you supposed to turn in tech news for someone else? So your technically 1 reason he's slacking.

I'll respond to this
    "lol, so dumb I can't even reply." with the same amount of respect he gave me when I wasn't even bashing on the News Team to begin with. Just the excuses and pointing fingers. No Manager in a real business would act that way.

Best part is, I can have a civilized conversation with the people that actually did work. The people who are slacking are the ones getting mad and flaming. GG. Instead of taking this up the ass, why don't you go finish your article. If that was the case, this thread would never have existed and you would never need to defend your lack of work.
    Last edited by Distraught; 08-24-2013 at 02:16 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Distraught For This Useful Post:

Oneirish (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    i lol cuz dafuq happened here? turned from a question to a bunch of monkeys throwing shit at eachother.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    nevermind, going to stay out of this.
    Last edited by Exotiic.; 08-24-2013 at 05:46 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Exotiic. For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Psychotic (08-24-2013)

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If had the time, I would definitely contribute to the team. Although, school is coming up and idk how much time and effort it'd take for me to be in that position if it were to be possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast