Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolicon' View Post
    I do agree that it is breaking the lore, it still has the basics of what an ES game needs.
    That comparison is BS, ESO is more like Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim than WoW is to Warcraft. WoW was never meant to be similar to Warcraft.
    Lore doesn't make the game, they haven't broken much of it either. Just bits here and there.

No, I don't lift.
    All it has that is similar is the first person mechanic. Everything else is bland generic MMO tripe with liberal use of ES lore. It's going to go down the same road as SWTOR. It will do well for a couple of months then it will tank and eventually go f2p when no one wants to play it anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownartist0 View Post

I understand your stupidity, so let me break it down for you.

Elder scrolls online is a MMORPG, WoW is too, but WoW never had any rich lore to dig into. ESO does NOT kill the lore, the Lore is it's self, from the first game I know of, battlesphire the Elder scrolls lore has always been interesting and always had well thought out design and just creative ideas behind it. It's something I can see and already seen people getting more of the 'Role playing' aspect out of. ESO is going to set a LOT of lore down for the elder scroll series so to say it killed the lore is a statement that cannot be made yet since it hasn't been a year over the release yet.

I've played Elder scrolls Battlesphire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion(after skyrim) and of course skyrim. Elder Scrolls online of course is new, it's not going to feel the same as the older Elder Scrolls games, It's more of a Oblivion feel than skyrim IMO, the new features of the game only contribute to the overall feel of it, It's entirely different from the other games but still uses elements of them in an good way.

When the game comes out and you end up buying it and you get into the "competitive' side of it with the Elder Scrolls combat system you'll enjoy it more then you think right now. This game is going to be such a big hit, Dave will end up making a section for it about a month after it releases.
    In case you didn't notice, I was using WoW as a reference to show how MMO's can trash pre-existing lore. Woosh. And no, I'm not buying a game that also has a monthly subscription and a cash shop. I don't like to take it in the rear like you do.

"It's entirely different from the other games" that was kinda my point to begin with. You've got an MMO that borrows a couple of mechanics from previous games, then fucks it over with tired MMO mechanics, then takes a dump on pre-existing lore (factions teaming up with people they were never in an alliance with and could never be, see Orcs being friends with the guys who committed mass genocide against them at the Seige of Ornisium). To me it's an ES games in title and setting only. Everything I've seen so far has underwhelmed me, and their handling of canon only cements my opinion. They can retcon all they want but they're heading into Metzen territory.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

In case you didn't notice, I was using WoW as a reference to show how MMO's can trash pre-existing lore. Woosh. And no, I'm not buying a game that also has a monthly subscription and a cash shop. I don't like to take it in the rear like you do.

"It's entirely different from the other games" that was kinda my point to begin with. You've got an MMO that borrows a couple of mechanics from previous games, then fucks it over with tired MMO mechanics, then takes a dump on pre-existing lore (factions teaming up with people they were never in an alliance with and could never be, see Orcs being friends with the guys who committed mass genocide against them at the Seige of Ornisium). To me it's an ES games in title and setting only. Everything I've seen so far has underwhelmed me, and their handling of canon only cements my opinion. They can retcon all they want but they're heading into Metzen territory.
    Dat double post

I reckon ESO looks fun as to play online with a few friends :O

SOUNDCLOUD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post

Dat double post

I reckon ESO looks fun as to play online with a few friends :O
    As an MMO, it looks to be on par with LOTR:Online and SWTOR. If you're into MMO's then you might enjoy it, but as an Elder Scroll title, it leaves much to be desired.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Okay, I've never took it up the ass from any game EVER. I've always kept my shit free and at most, I might STEAL an addon from someone else's PSN or keys.

If you are a lorewhore like me, you will be VERY satisfied with the alliances, Like I remember reading this book (in skyrim I think) that was talking about how the Argonians after the gates of oblivion were letting out daedra, the Argonians were already aware of this and were told from the hist trees(Connections with Sithis) well before so they could plan for this and throughout the oblivion crisis the Argonians became Super strong at the peak of their military might. As this was going on Morrowind was pretty much total shit, so the Argonians invaded their asses for years of enslavement of their people.

So the history between the Dark Elfs and Argonians has already been foretold, and when tiber septum came to take over black marsh, he did not go into the swamps knowing how deadly the argonians are in the swamps since they are masters of that jungle style combat. As well as resistant to all the diseases in black marsh.

So the Dark Elfs, Argonians and Nords do fit in quite well. The Nord not so much, but with the new lore it all fits in together, but the Dark elf and Argonian thing has always been a big issue, They are always enslaving each other and being on treaties then ending them etc... but the argonians in particular tend to stay to them selfs and don't care too much for going out in an all out war like is happening now.

All the leagues are lorefriendly even before the new lore is introduced. They did a serious job on putting these lores together and you are REALLY expecting too low. At Most the aldmeri-dominion league is the most non-hostile league of all of them, Khajit High Elfs and wood elfs are the most non-bloody races throughout the eras. Of course they've had a few battles between each other but there is no real issues that have happen between them.

The way they got the Fractions/leagues set up is REALLY good, It's the best possible way they can do it. From my knowledge of Lore of Elder scrolls, I feel good with the setup.

If your a lorewhore, believe me, Trust me, This game will satify you, when i first played I was ready for some intense plot, and I got it right away. Believe me man lmfao, They did a more than excellent job on the fucking lore, The Lore is what is going to make this game outsell WoW lmfao. just wait until 2015 when liek 4.5 million players are on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12