Thread: Got a Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah

    Got a Job

    Well finally I would be able to work at my relatives Car Wash which ill be getting paid 300-400 every 2 weeks or so. I really wanted to save up that cash and finally build a gaming PC. Any suggestions how much should I budget for making the PC? Also really I like and want fancy, but I really don't want to go overboard and regret putting a bunch money on a rig. Ill probably playing GTA 5, Black Ops 2 and BF4. So any suggestions?

    Also @Dave84311 you better help me like you said when I get the money.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-03-2013 at 05:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Lolicon''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    0
    1. What's your budget?
    2. Do you need peripherals?

  3. #3
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolicon' View Post
    1. What's your budget?
    2. Do you need peripherals?
    Take some time, and read the thread again.

  4. #4
    Lolicon''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

    Take some time, and read the thread again.
    I'm going to guess you don't need the peripherals as it doesn't say that anywhere, I still need to know the absolute maximum you're willing to pay.
    Here's what I came up with, case if your choice and the GPU isn't the best, but it should be able to play those game.
    $1000-1500 for the budget would be the best option.
    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($232.97 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($117.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($353.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($29.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1194.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2013-09-03 06:54 EDT-0400)
    Last edited by Lolicon'; 09-03-2013 at 05:50 AM.

  5. #5
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolicon' View Post
    I'm going to guess you don't need the peripherals as it doesn't say that anywhere, I still need to know the absolute maximum you're willing to pay.
    Here's what I came up with, case if your choice and the GPU isn't the best, but it should be able to play those game.
    $1000-1500 for the budget would be the best option.
    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($232.97 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($117.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($353.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($29.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1194.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2013-09-03 06:54 EDT-0400)
    Max I'm willing to pay is $800 - $900. Most likely I will end up getting the expensive thing refunded.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-03-2013 at 05:53 AM.

  6. #6
    Lolicon''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

    Max I'm willing to pay is $800 - $900. Most likely I will end up getting the expensive thing refunded.
    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($207.38 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.97 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($29.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $877.77
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2013-09-03 07:05 EDT-0400)

  7. #7
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolicon' View Post
    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($207.38 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.97 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($29.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $877.77
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2013-09-03 07:05 EDT-0400)
    I want i7. Thanks for your suggestion, but I want something that's not generated.

  8. #8
    Lolicon''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

    I want i7. Thanks for your suggestion, but I want something that's not generated.
    i7 is a bit too much for your budget.
    The list isn't generated, made using PC-Part-Picker.

  9. #9
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolicon' View Post
    i7 is a bit too much for your budget.
    The list isn't generated, made using PC-Part-Picker.
    Says its generated below. I'm actually going to get the money back for the i7 so ill be basically paying 500$ for my build.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Lolicon''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

    Says its generated below. I'm actually going to get the money back for the i7 so ill be basically paying 500$ for my build.
    The BBCode was generated.
    I chose the parts:
    https://pc-part-picker.com/p/1ztX9 Remove the two "-" from the link.

  12. #12
    Observation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,011
    Reputation
    100
    Thanks
    76
    My Mood
    Happy
    @Scumbag I spent between 900-1000$ and I run about 200 FPS on Max settings on bf3 and very good on games such as bo2 skyrim etc. I built it like you are. I will post some ideas when I get home.

  13. #13
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxic View Post
    @Scumbag I spent between 900-1000$ and I run about 200 FPS on Max settings on bf3 and very good on games such as bo2 skyrim etc. I built it like you are. I will post some ideas when I get home.
    How much FPS do you get when recording with Fraps on max HQ? I'm going to be doing a lot of heavy video editing and stuff.

  14. #14
    Observation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,011
    Reputation
    100
    Thanks
    76
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post


    How much FPS do you get when recording with Fraps on max HQ? I'm going to be doing a lot of heavy video editing and stuff.
    With fraps I get no lag whatsoever around 160 FPS solid
    Last edited by Observation; 09-03-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  15. #15
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,881
    Reputation
    2317
    Thanks
    7,744
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Get the money first then I'll help.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
  2. Got me a job!
    By uBit in forum General
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 08:57 AM
  3. I got banned for doing my job???
    By Ian_Backup in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
  4. I got the job!
    By tednugent in forum General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 06:09 AM
  5. Got a job?
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 02:40 PM