Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Sennheiser CX 215 review.

I thought I'd do a review on the Sennheiser CX 215's.

I pretty much got home from getting a pair of these. They are my second pair that I've had. I will talk about the affordability, colour, length, durability, how comfortable they are and of course - the sound quality.
    Affordability

These are a pretty good price for what they are. They cost me $89 NZD. They aren't overly expensive and too cheap.
    Colours

So the CX 215's come in 5 colours: Pink, Orange, Bronze, Green and Dark Blue. Half of the body has a nice glossy/sparkly texture and the other half is a really nice matte finish.

The picture above doesn't truly show what they look like colour wise etc.

Length

They have probably the perfect cable length. Not too long, not too short. The length is 1.2 meters and I didn't have an issue with them while doing sports etc. I used them in the gym and the cable length didn't get tangled in any of the equipment and all the jazz. Also while mountain biking, they weren't an issue.

Durability

Probably something most people want to look for is the durability. My first pair of these headphones lasted 2 1/2 - 3 years and they have been treated like crap. I've had them caught in zips, yanked/ripped out of sockets very forcefully, tangled almost everyday and the cable hadn't torn or the plastic protecting hadn't ripped. Only within the last few months the cable has become exposed (as seen below) and the audio jack has become a bit dodgy (have to move it around for the sound to come in each ear). They've had all sorts of elements thrown at them - sweat going into the ear piece, laid on the ground, had food on them etc. and it didn't affect them one bit.

How comfortable they are

As most in-ear headphones, these come with three different ear-buds. Small, Medium and Large. Now these headphones are extremely comfortable. Within 10mins you can't feel them. Doing sports like running, they're also comfy. I've worn them for long periods of times (around 2-3 hours) and they haven't hurt my ears or anything. They also come with indented bodies on the actual ear piece. This is so you can pinch them and position them in your ear how you like.

Sound quality

These things have excellent sound quality for what they are. They are designed for bass but I found them perfect for any type of music. The bass isn't too overpowering and were just right for me. To test the bass out I made a custom equalizer on iTunes and they made my head rattle. I listened to some Rock, Pop, Dubstep, Alternative, House and all songs sounded amazing.They have a frequency response of 20k-25k Hz. The do an awesome job of blocking out any ambient noise around. I've used them on flights and although you can still hear the slight 'whirring' noise of the plane engine, you eventually don't notice it. Over the last 2 1/2 years I've noticed that the sound quality hasn't died down which is great.

Overall, 10/10 would buy again.

TL;DR excellent headphones and would suit anybody who enjoys their music. Great sound quality and will suit any type of music genre. They look and feel great and are at a fairly good price range. They've lasted me a long time and I haven't had any issue with them. They're nice and durable. At around $89 they're a pretty good price.

Thought since you guys are into your music etc. that you may like to read this review if you're trying to find some decent every day headphones
    Last edited by Tall kiwi; 09-15-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Pretty much the same experience with my Monster Turbines. Really good quality, and surprisingly durable despite having really thin cords.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I had to highlight everything due to your font color.

I would buy those.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinley View Post
    I had to highlight everything due to your font color.

I would buy those.
    Must have bad eyesight . I can read it perfectly
    Oh hai der.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Sennheiser is amazing at audio everything. I have a headset and earphones from them and I love them.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon