Thanks

Origin BF3 problem!

So I just came back from a friend's house having BF3 on a Hard Disk after that I sent the files to the origin game file and the moment I want to start the game it says "Download" not "Play"

Help me out mates.

Thanks
    Origin is fucking gay, that's the problem.. you MUST download the file, you can't just get the game from a hard drive and then start it up
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

If'd you like to donate to support me, shoot me a PM

History
    Official Middleman January 15, 2015>May 20, 2015
    Marketplace Minion May 20, 2015>September 24, 2015
    Marketplace Moderator September 24, 2015>October 17, 2015
    Former Staff October 17, 2015>May 10, 2017
    Official Middleman May 10, 2017>November, 2017
    Resigned

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    If you press Download while you've edited regedit to recognize your BF3 folder, it will start recognizing the files and you should be able to play.

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    If you press Download while you've edited regedit to recognize your BF3 folder, it will start recognizing the files and you should be able to play.
    Can you tell me how to do that? cause I am having the same problem
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

If'd you like to donate to support me, shoot me a PM

History
    Official Middleman January 15, 2015>May 20, 2015
    Marketplace Minion May 20, 2015>September 24, 2015
    Marketplace Moderator September 24, 2015>October 17, 2015
    Former Staff October 17, 2015>May 10, 2017
    Official Middleman May 10, 2017>November, 2017
    Resigned

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    just click download.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    it will automatically do it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    would like to hear it too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    LoL Explain yourself...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    @Salim98(^_^) and @HeroicXPharaoh

Listen:

1. Find your Origin Games install folder. This is found under Gear Button > Settings > Downloaded Games.For most users, this will be "C:\Program Files\Origin Games"

2. Close down Origin (if its open), Navigate to the folder, and back up all of the game installs In the folder you will find subfolders that are named after all of your games (i.e. "Battlefield 3" ) - copy or move these to the desktop (or another easy to find place) - this may take a while depending on your setup, my games were ~60gb.

3. Uninstall/Delete current Origin install. You'll then need to get rid of your current origin setup. If you're moving from one drive to another, you'll need to first uninstall origin, then delete its install folder. Make sure to select "No" if it asks if you want to keep its settings. If you're reinstalling origin after a windows reinstall, you wont need to do this and can just delete the Origin folder.

4. Reinstall Origin. The natural next step is to reinstall origin in its desired location. It really doenst matter where you put it! Make sure that you've ran the program and logged in, and make sure the games install directory is where you want it to be ( again this is in the settings)

5. Initiate a download for your games. Don't worry! we're not really going to redownload all of your games. This next step makes origin do all of the registry linking and whatnot. Make sure the download has got to at least 0.01% or had created the folder for the game in the origin games folder.

6. Close down Origin, and move your games back. leave the downloads running, close down Origin in the tray and then proceed to move your games that you backed up earlier to the desktop (or wherever) back to the games install directory. When prompted to "Merge Folders" click yes, and select "Move and Replace" if windows asks to overwrite any files.

7. Open Origin up, and install the games! Open Origin back up, and after giving it a few seconds, it should start to read the games. After a few more seconds, it'll tell you it's ready to install! click "install", and you're ready to go!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WarWood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave'Slave View Post
    @Salim98(^_^) and @HeroicXPharaoh

Listen:

1. Find your Origin Games install folder. This is found under Gear Button > Settings > Downloaded Games.For most users, this will be "C:\Program Files\Origin Games"

2. Close down Origin (if its open), Navigate to the folder, and back up all of the game installs In the folder you will find subfolders that are named after all of your games (i.e. "Battlefield 3" ) - copy or move these to the desktop (or another easy to find place) - this may take a while depending on your setup, my games were ~60gb.

3. Uninstall/Delete current Origin install. You'll then need to get rid of your current origin setup. If you're moving from one drive to another, you'll need to first uninstall origin, then delete its install folder. Make sure to select "No" if it asks if you want to keep its settings. If you're reinstalling origin after a windows reinstall, you wont need to do this and can just delete the Origin folder.

4. Reinstall Origin. The natural next step is to reinstall origin in its desired location. It really doenst matter where you put it! Make sure that you've ran the program and logged in, and make sure the games install directory is where you want it to be ( again this is in the settings)

5. Initiate a download for your games. Don't worry! we're not really going to redownload all of your games. This next step makes origin do all of the registry linking and whatnot. Make sure the download has got to at least 0.01% or had created the folder for the game in the origin games folder.

6. Close down Origin, and move your games back. leave the downloads running, close down Origin in the tray and then proceed to move your games that you backed up earlier to the desktop (or wherever) back to the games install directory. When prompted to "Merge Folders" click yes, and select "Move and Replace" if windows asks to overwrite any files.

7. Open Origin up, and install the games! Open Origin back up, and after giving it a few seconds, it should start to read the games. After a few more seconds, it'll tell you it's ready to install! click "install", and you're ready to go!
    well, thanks for the info, it would be easy for me to back up games

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Quote Originally Posted by Salim98(^_^) View Post

well, thanks for the info, it would be easy for me to back up games
    Np anytime.