Thread: Like whaaat!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,632
    Reputation
    3137
    Thanks
    6,447
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defloration. View Post
    I hope you're not saying that as in, "People never do that,"

    Hopefully you just disagree with it.
    ​In my opinion, when money becomes a priority, it's no longer music. It becomes product rather than art.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inl,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.


  2. #32
    Deflorate.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I CLOSE MY EYESE AND SEIZE IT
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    850
    Thanks
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    Again, music should never, and I mean never be about sales and popularity.


    Because it's literally cheating money from people by releasing unoriginal garbage.


    ​A true musician would never release a single song that's not the best it can possibly be. The very notion that somebody would proves that the music is not their priority.

    What you're saying is totally irrelevant to the argument at hand.

    This has nothing to do with someone unfairly grouping them all as morons.

    And just because it's your opinion that music should never be about the money, doesn't make it true.

    Although I completely agree that it shouldn't be about the money, it is.

    Then you go on to say it's cheating money from people.

    Like these artists give two shits about taking your money for something that takes them 15 minutes in the studio to make.

    And once again, i'm not arguing about if they're real musicians or not, or if I like their music, or anything of the sort.

    Stop trying to make it look as if I am.

  3. #33
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Defloration. View Post



    What you're saying is totally irrelevant to the argument at hand.

    This has nothing to do with someone unfairly grouping them all as morons.

    And just because it's your opinion that music should never be about the money, doesn't make it true.

    Although I completely agree that it shouldn't be about the money, it is.

    Then you go on to say it's cheating money from people.

    Like these artists give two shits about taking your money for something that takes them 15 minutes in the studio to make.

    And once again, i'm not arguing about if they're real musicians or not, or if I like their music, or anything of the sort.

    Stop trying to make it look as if I am.
    No matter what you say, rappers today are fucking idiots. Their actions have given them a rep that only "hood niggas" respect.

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  4. #34
    Deflorate.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I CLOSE MY EYESE AND SEIZE IT
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    850
    Thanks
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Phillips View Post


    No matter what you say, rappers today are fucking idiots. Their actions have given them a rep that only "hood niggas" respect.
    Yeah totally.

    One person does something stupid, so that means everyone like them must be stupid too.

    Ad you're close minded as fuck, I realize I'm not getting anywhere with this.

    So I'll leave you with this.

    The word you're looking for is ignorant. Not stupid.
    Last edited by Deflorate.; 10-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.

  5. #35
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Defloration. View Post


    Yeah totally.

    One person does something stupid, so that means everyone like them must be stupid too.
    Too bad its not just one person.

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  6. #36
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Phillips View Post


    Too bad its not just one person.
    Shut the fuck up then... you don't like the music, dont listen to it.. don't buy it,
    just be a lil anorexic closed minded fuck and shut the hell up and keep your retarded opinions to yourself.


  7. #37
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzGayeko View Post


    Shut the fuck up then... you don't like the music, dont listen to it.. don't buy it,
    just be a lil anorexic closed minded fuck and shut the hell up and keep your retarded opinions to yourself.
    Pussy .

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  8. #38
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Defloration. View Post



    You say that like a stereotype to all modern rappers.

    You have no fucking clue about any of their backgrounds, or their schooling.

    Many of them know how to write, and a lot of these artists like Lil Wayne used to write poetry as a child.

    Many of them could write better then 50% of the ass-hats here ever could.

    And just because you don't like the music, doesn't mean that everyone who listens to it is fucking retarded.
    Too bad I know the producers that actually CREATE the music behind those "artists". Let me give you a bit of a run-down. Drake, Lil' Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, etc DO NOT WRITE ANY OF THEIR LYRICS. Nor do they create the music. What ACTUALLY happened, was that the larger record labels chose them to be the faces of their business. The "artist" gets big and moves on. Now the "artists" can't create their own music, as it was spoon fed to them by the labels producers, so OTHER producers offer to step up and take over to get their names out of there. The artists don't do shit. They record for five days MAX per-song, and the rest of the three weeks (max) involved is post-production. I've been able to talk to these producers DIRECTLY thanks to my university bringing them in as guest speakers.

    Oh and before anyone says it, a producer is NOT an artist, and NONE of these "rappers" are producers.

  9. #39
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Too bad I know the producers that actually CREATE the music behind those "artists". Let me give you a bit of a run-down. Drake, Lil' Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, etc DO NOT WRITE ANY OF THEIR LYRICS. Nor do they create the music. What ACTUALLY happened, was that the larger record labels chose them to be the faces of their business. The "artist" gets big and moves on. Now the "artists" can't create their own music, as it was spoon fed to them by the labels producers, so OTHER producers offer to step up and take over to get their names out of there. The artists don't do shit. They record for five days MAX per-song, and the rest of the three weeks (max) involved is post-production. I've been able to talk to these producers DIRECTLY thanks to my university bringing them in as guest speakers.

    Oh and before anyone says it, a producer is NOT an artist, and NONE of these "rappers" are producers.
    I agree with you on most of it, but some artist/rappers are producers..


  10. #40
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzGayeko View Post


    I agree with you on most of it, but some artist/rappers are producers..
    If the artist has 35 years of Mixing, Mastering, and has a palette of more than 30 songs that have been in the top ten that they did not perform in, and other producers are calling them producers, then yes. A producer isn't just a person who raps and makes beats, they started calling themselves that because producer sound cooler than "beat maker" or "song-writer".

  11. #41
    Mr.Seyeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,491
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,202
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    If the artist has 35 years of Mixing, Mastering, and has a palette of more than 30 songs that have been in the top ten that they did not perform in, and other producers are calling them producers, then yes. A producer isn't just a person who raps and makes beats, they started calling themselves that because producer sound cooler than "beat maker" or "song-writer".
    what about eminem ....


  12. #42
    Deflorate.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I CLOSE MY EYESE AND SEIZE IT
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    850
    Thanks
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Too bad I know the producers that actually CREATE the music behind those "artists". Let me give you a bit of a run-down. Drake, Lil' Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, etc DO NOT WRITE ANY OF THEIR LYRICS. Nor do they create the music. What ACTUALLY happened, was that the larger record labels chose them to be the faces of their business. The "artist" gets big and moves on. Now the "artists" can't create their own music, as it was spoon fed to them by the labels producers, so OTHER producers offer to step up and take over to get their names out of there. The artists don't do shit. They record for five days MAX per-song, and the rest of the three weeks (max) involved is post-production. I've been able to talk to these producers DIRECTLY thanks to my university bringing them in as guest speakers.

    Oh and before anyone says it, a producer is NOT an artist, and NONE of these "rappers" are producers.
    I wasn't arguing that they are real musicians or not.

    Jesus fucking christ.

  13. #43
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Defloration. View Post


    I wasn't arguing that they are real musicians or not.

    Jesus fucking christ.
    "You say that like a stereotype to all modern rappers.

    You have no fucking clue about any of their backgrounds, or their schooling.

    Many of them know how to write, and a lot of these artists like Lil Wayne used to write poetry as a child.

    Many of them could write better then 50% of the ass-hats here ever could.

    And just because you don't like the music, doesn't mean that everyone who listens to it is fucking retarded. "

  14. #44
    .SeyekoGFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    10
    Bitch ass reported me, what a bitch talks shit but cant handle when its dished back at his anorexic faggot ass

  15. #45
    Deflorate.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I CLOSE MY EYESE AND SEIZE IT
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    850
    Thanks
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    "You say that like a stereotype to all modern rappers.

    You have no fucking clue about any of their backgrounds, or their schooling.

    Many of them know how to write, and a lot of these artists like Lil Wayne used to write poetry as a child.

    Many of them could write better then 50% of the ass-hats here ever could.

    And just because you don't like the music, doesn't mean that everyone who listens to it is fucking retarded. "
    Which is completely true.

    Because 50% of the people here are terrible at writing.

    By that logic, since I can write decently, I must be a musician. Right?

    Then apparently the word music alone, or out of context with the sentence above it means I was talking about them writing the music.

    No where in my post did I say they write there own songs. But since you assumed I meant it that way, you felt the need to post something totally irrelevant to the argument I actually contributed to.

    Even if I did accidentally bring up a second topic of whether or not they were musicians or not, I was not arguing it. So there was no need for you to post what you did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. lets see what everyone looks like
    By yocinfluence in forum General
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
  2. Private Servers You Like MPGH Will Make
    By Paolo1993 in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:55 AM
  3. all the words like wtf and there explanation
    By Pepijntje in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
  4. What do ya like better?
    By i eat trees in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:57 PM
  5. lets see what everyone looks like
    By yocinfluence in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 03:29 PM