Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

How do I delete everything in my computer?

I want to sort of format my computer but if I need to re-install windows 7, how do I do it? I only have the serial for windows because it came with the computer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You need an install disk for the OS. Either buy one/borrow one or torrent and burn your own. Format and be happy

Sorta off topic, idk why but when I formatted my hard drive with a fresh install i lost like 30-40gigs worth of memory space the last install had. Not sure where it all went

SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks
    Delete system32.

Thanks
    Hit it with a hammer, make sure it's compatible with you pc tho

SOUNDCLOUD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by supertriu1 View Post
    I want to sort of format my computer but if I need to re-install windows 7, how do I do it? I only have the serial for windows because it came with the computer.
    Good Luck

Listen Carefully or print out these steps, as in some point there wont be any operating system for you to go back and check what was done wrong if you only have 1 computer.

1. Save all important work necessary , ALL work will be ERASED during the formating.

2. Be sure that you have your CD Key for your operating system. Also, go to the manufacturer website of your computer to download the drivers for your computer.

3. Before you shut off your computer, insert your operating system CD. ( Windows XP, Windows Vista, ect.)

4. Restart your computer.

5. During the booting process, you will get a notice saying "press any key to boot from CD" DO SO.

6. After the operating system checks for the specification of your computer to see if it qualify to install such operating system, a blue screen will come up. DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING UNTIL AN OPTION SCREEN COMES UP.

7.During the option selection screen, you will be given 3 choices, either fix the operation system, create a restore point, and such. Depending on the operation system, there will be an option button either F3 or ESC to avoid operating system repair , or R for repair.. simply press ENTER.

8. Select which drive you would like to install your operating system. Usually is on C: drive.

9. After selection the drive, a formatting option will come up, SELECT FORMAT using NTFS. DO NOT USE THE FORMAT (QUICK) OPTION.

10. Depending on how big your drive is, its might take from as little as 5 minutes to 30 mins.. maybe even more.

11.After the formating, and installion screen will come up.. let it be, you do not have to worry about anything here yet..

12.You will notice your computer will restart. Once again, the "press any key to boot from cd" option will come up. IGNORE IT!!! <--- important

13. You will see the windows screen come up, after about 10 mins, it will stop and will start asking you for a CD KEY. Input the proper information, press next. Windows will continue to install.

14. In some computers, another box might come up within 5 minutes after the cd key box pops up.. usually has to do with networking, just press next or dont create one if dont want to. After that.. sit back and relax while the operation system finishes installation.

15. After the computer restart, once again ignore the press any button message, and you will run right into windows. After the welcome screen comes up, you can now safely remove your cd from the cd0rom.

16. Now install all the drivers necessary for your computer to be able to function and recognize all of its devices.

17. Install all the software neccessary that you are going to use.

18. Redowload any saved work u had from before.

19. Organize and do Windows Update.

20 That all. Enjoy your completly reformatted, no virus, no spyware, not bugs, no glitch, Operating system.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

MuffinHD (11-03-2013),supertriu1 (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    What you actually need, is some sort of magnet (preferably an alnico based magnet), then take out your hdd then drag the magnet around it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (11-03-2013),HalfBajan (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    That certainly will delete his files I only hope he does not decide to reinstall windows after it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    You guys are such trolls...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I knew that there was going to be a guy that said this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Good Luck

Listen Carefully or print out these steps, as in some point there wont be any operating system for you to go back and check what was done wrong if you only have 1 computer.

1. Save all important work necessary , ALL work will be ERASED during the formating.

2. Be sure that you have your CD Key for your operating system. Also, go to the manufacturer website of your computer to download the drivers for your computer.

3. Before you shut off your computer, insert your operating system CD. ( Windows XP, Windows Vista, ect.)

4. Restart your computer.

5. During the booting process, you will get a notice saying "press any key to boot from CD" DO SO.

6. After the operating system checks for the specification of your computer to see if it qualify to install such operating system, a blue screen will come up. DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING UNTIL AN OPTION SCREEN COMES UP.

7.During the option selection screen, you will be given 3 choices, either fix the operation system, create a restore point, and such. Depending on the operation system, there will be an option button either F3 or ESC to avoid operating system repair , or R for repair.. simply press ENTER.

8. Select which drive you would like to install your operating system. Usually is on C: drive.

9. After selection the drive, a formatting option will come up, SELECT FORMAT using NTFS. DO NOT USE THE FORMAT (QUICK) OPTION.

10. Depending on how big your drive is, its might take from as little as 5 minutes to 30 mins.. maybe even more.

11.After the formating, and installion screen will come up.. let it be, you do not have to worry about anything here yet..

12.You will notice your computer will restart. Once again, the "press any key to boot from cd" option will come up. IGNORE IT!!! <--- important

13. You will see the windows screen come up, after about 10 mins, it will stop and will start asking you for a CD KEY. Input the proper information, press next. Windows will continue to install.

14. In some computers, another box might come up within 5 minutes after the cd key box pops up.. usually has to do with networking, just press next or dont create one if dont want to. After that.. sit back and relax while the operation system finishes installation.

15. After the computer restart, once again ignore the press any button message, and you will run right into windows. After the welcome screen comes up, you can now safely remove your cd from the cd0rom.

16. Now install all the drivers necessary for your computer to be able to function and recognize all of its devices.

17. Install all the software neccessary that you are going to use.

18. Redowload any saved work u had from before.

19. Organize and do Windows Update.

20 That all. Enjoy your completly reformatted, no virus, no spyware, not bugs, no glitch, Operating system.
    Thanks but as I metioned, I don't have the CD if I borrow or burn a copy of windows will my serial work?

Thanks
    Your serial will work, just make sure its the same version and not preactivated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by supertriu1 View Post
    Thanks but as I metioned, I don't have the CD if I borrow or burn a copy of windows will my serial work?
    Yes. The copies that come with a computer are the default OS install, and thats what the pirated copies are. The only difference with the other disks would be if you bought the Professional or Business editions, which I don't think are necessary for you. However you get a disk, your serial key will be valid as long it isn't being used on more than one computer at a time

I've been running a Windows Vista install i downloaded years ago when I lost my disk.

SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PyrexxHero® For This Useful Post:

supertriu1 (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm4 View Post
    Your serial will work, just make sure its the same version and not preactivated.
    If by pre-activated you mean it already came with the computer then it's pre-activated. Is there any other solution where I don't have to re-install windows?

Thanks
    No no, preactivated as in pirate copies that are already cracked. There are other solutions, but reinstalling really is the most simple and fast way.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dtm4 For This Useful Post:

supertriu1 (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm4 View Post
    No no, preactivated as in pirate copies that are already cracked. There are other solutions, but reinstalling really is the most simple and fast way.
    Ok thank you. What are the other ways? I really don't feel like getting the Cd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast