Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm4 View Post
    So you see why this has been put in to place, and you see why this is needed... and you can not say other forums do not do it, as it is clear they do...
    So you see why this isn't needed, and you see how other forums don't use it and they still work fine. and you can not say that every forum does it, as it is clear that not all forums do it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by awessome.exe View Post
    Why do you need to post link without 10 posts?
    why not. forcing people to put 10 posts before posting links just encourages spamming. email verification is already used to prevent quick account creations from bans.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by apdonato View Post
    So you see why this isn't needed, and you see how other forums don't use it and they still work fine. and you can not say that every forum does it, as it is clear that not all forums do it...
    MPGH has 2.3 Million members, a host more than most forums, even major ones. We used to/still get a lot of advertising/spam, and it was simply a quick fix to reduce the amount of it, which it drastically has. I honestly don't see the problem, as 10-20 posts can be got in a matter of hours, and is really a necessary evil to counteract spam.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

pkthenubs (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

MPGH has 2.3 Million members, a host more than most forums, even major ones. We used to/still get a lot of advertising/spam, and it was simply a quick fix to reduce the amount of it, which it drastically has. I honestly don't see the problem, as 10-20 posts can be got in a matter of hours, and is really a necessary evil to counteract spam.
    like i said, thats what email verification is for. 2.3 million? i serious doubt those are active users, and with only 946 g+ it doesn't look like that many of those 2.3 million users are happy with the site.
    Last edited by apdonato; 12-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    like i said, thats what email verification is for. 2.3 million? i serious doubt those are active users, and with only 946 g+ it doesn't look like that many of those 2.3 million users are happy with the site.
    I'm gay.

P.S you can stop now

Thanks

No I do not see why this is not needed as you did not provide any argument for that. And I did not say all the forums do it, I just said it is a common practice, so unless you are new to the internet or you do this on every forum that has some restrictions, I can not see why this is such a big deal for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    like i said, thats what email verification is for. 2.3 million? i serious doubt those are active users, and with only 946 g+ it doesn't look like that many of these 2.3 million users are happy with the site.
    First of all, nobody even uses G+. 95% of G+ users are only registered for Youtube, and the bullshit restrictions that come from not doing so. Secondly, there are 2k people online as we speak, so yes, it IS rather active. No, there aren't 2.3M active users, as most just leech the hacks and run. Lastly, as if social media actually reprsents how happy people are with a site. Been here for 6 years and never 'liked' '+1'd' or 'Shared' anything about MPGH.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

dtm4 (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

First of all, nobody even uses G+. 95% of G+ users are only registered for Youtube, and the bullshit restrictions that come from not doing so. Secondly, there are 2k people online as we speak, so yes, it IS rather active. No, there aren't 2.3M active users, as most just leech the hacks and run. Lastly, as if social media actually reprsents how happy people are with a site. Been here for 6 years and never 'liked' '+1'd' or 'Shared' anything about MPGH.
    even taking into account how unpopular g+ is, that number is still very low. 946/2,300,000 are not good odds. and sure maybe 946 is fine if there are actually much less active users but thats why you don't throw around these meaningless numbers

don't like or share anything for 6 years? and you call other people that come just for a download leeches? contradict a bit

this site does not promote mods. this site only tries to promote itself. labeling in file downloads, crazy restrictions, and trigger happy moderators result in a very hostile experience. i have had much better luck getting my mod noticed through youtube and moddb in just a few weeks compared to months on mpgh.
    Last edited by apdonato; 12-01-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    even taking into account how unpopular g+ is, that number is still very low. 946/2,300,000 are not good odds

don't like or share anything for 6 years? and you call other people that come just for a download leeches? contradict a bit

this site does not promote mods. this site only tries to promote itself. labeling in file downloads, crazy restrictions, and trigger happy moderators result in a very hostile experience. i have had much better luck getting my mod noticed through youtube and moddb in just a few weeks compared to months on mpgh.
    I've never had a hostile experience here.
    The mods are all extremely fair, nice, and actually care. If they get out of line, they're reprimanded by the upper staff, namely Arun, Dave, and Liz. Honestly, MPGH is pretty tight when it comes to community, and I've made some great friends in the time I've been here. The 'restrictions' are rather lax as well, and the only reason they're there is to protect users from viruses and scammers, which we're pretty serious about. I also don't see what you're talking about MPGH 'promoting itself'. MPGH is all for the users. All staff are volunteers and help out because they love the community, and like to help others out. I wouldn't spend 6+ years and 13k+ posts here if it were any other way.

When I said 'like' and 'share' I was speaking of social media, as I contribute wherever I can here on MPGH.
    Last edited by Aborted; 12-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I've never had a hostile experience here.
    The mods are all extremely fair, nice, and actually care. If they get out of line, they're reprimanded by the upper staff, namely Arun, Dave, and Liz. Honestly, MPGH is pretty tight when it comes to community, and I've made some great friends in the time I've been here. The 'restrictions' are rather lax as well, and the only reason they're there is to protect users from viruses and scammers, which we're pretty serious about.

When I said 'like' and 'share' I was speaking of social media, as I contribute wherever I can here on MPGH.
    people think the world is a perfect place if nothing bad happens to them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    people think the world is a perfect place if nothing bad happens to them.
    Then what seems to be the problem you've had? I'm always here to help straighten things out if you'd like.
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Then what seems to be the problem you've had? I'm always here to help straighten things out if you'd like.
    it really doesn't matter now. the mw2 sub-forum has been dead for a couple of years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123