Thread: New mouse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I have the Razer Naga. I got it only for $50 from Best Buy. It comes with 3 removable/ adjustable side pieces so you can find the one that fits your hand size.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I use a Logitech and have no problems with it.
    (Recommend going to the store and trying a few mouses out before making any final decisions)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Feenix Nascita

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Honestly, and I'm a big fan of Razer products, I have to say:
    Got aRazer Lachesis. Pretty awesome. No flaws. Works like a charm. But!
    I left it at home. So I need a new mouse for my laptop (cant stand touchpads) so I gone for a cheap ass Logitech.
    WTF Dude! I got so adapted to it I cant play even half of what I used toplay with the Razer!

If all Logitechs are that way, I gotta say: Go with a Logitech.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I've got a Razer Naga Molten and i can easily say it's the comfiest mouse I've ever gamed with!
    Last edited by .VIZ; 01-05-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    - "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
    - "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kr1nacK View Post
    Hard to tell, but when looking for a gaming mouse, you shouldn't be looking at features because they are designed to fit a specific person's hand/grip. I bought a Razer Taipan last year when I decided to buy a new mouse. I hated it. It was so small and uncomfortable for me to hold and I returned it the very next day.

What I strongly recommend doing is going out to a store where you can try them out yourself. I bought the same exact mouse, but only because it fit my large hands and claw grip very well. When you look at one, try to get one that feels comfortable in your hand and not the one you think can move around the fastest. Most gaming mice are very similar in function, but are all made with a certain person's hand and grip style in mind. As long as it gets 1000hz, high malfunction speed, and allows you to adjust your DPI then it's fine. Look for one that you think you could use for hours and hours without any sort of discomfort. Also change your windows pointer speed to 6, use raw input, and disable hardware acceleration.

I also recommend getting a new mousepad and monitor if you don't have a good one already. If you don't, then there is little to no point in even buying a mouse like this because it wont make much of a difference. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a mouse pad then buy a Razed Goliathus (Speed or Control) or Steelseries QCK, I own about five of them and personally prefer the Goliathus Speed Alpha. Buy a mouse pad AFTER you pick your mouse so that you can pick the one that works best. Believe it or not, your mouse pad is almost as important as your mouse itself. Make sure you don't end up buying one that's too small.

If you decide to get a good monitor, make sure to look at its response time (measured in ms) and refresh rate (measured in hz). Make sure it gets at least 120hz and a response time under 2ms. 5ms is unacceptable, and they simply don't compare. If you need to check, then its not good enough. Monitors like this cost at least $250 unless you find a good deal. You could argue that a difference of 3ms isn't game-changing, but it is. Keep this in mind: everything is delayed. Every key you press, every mouse movement you take, player models, server lag, etc. They all add up, and buying a good monitor will help you change that. I could keep going on about this, but I'm going to tell you its worth it.

In short, pick a mouse that feels comfortable to you, without worrying about how fast you can move with it. After that, buy a good mouse pad and monitor, and it will make a world of difference. If anybody tells you different, they usually fit in one of two groups. (1) they aren't very good at PC gaming, or (2) they have never actually used the kind of equipment that I'm speaking of, and are probably just assuming and you will notice a difference. After all, what's the point of getting 300 fps if your monitor is only capable of displaying 60 per second?

Tl;Dr Try out a mice that you think you could hold comfortably for a long time with your current grip (plan, claw, or fingertip), get a good mouse pad and monitor as well. Don't listen to people that will tell you different,because they most likely have no idea what they're talking about. Don't change your mouse settings to anything stupid either, like 3000 DPI or a ridiculously high sensitivity.
    DAMN you just wrote a 5 paragraph essay response on mothafuckin mice and keyboards. Alright.

OT: Amazon.com : E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse : Keyboard And Mouse Sets : Computers & Accessories

Or any Cobra mouse at that. I'm biased because they're cheap

"Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”

Thanks
    I highly recommend the mouse you said in the thread. I have one and its amazing.
    d e a d b o y s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    What do you call a troll with shitty jokes?
    Trollaux
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeran View Post
    Foot job with lots of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeran View Post
    If she's 12, I'm 12.

Thanks
    Id reccomend teh logitech g500

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Kr1nacK View Post
    Hard to tell, but when looking for a gaming mouse, you shouldn't be looking at features because they are designed to fit a specific person's hand/grip. I bought a Razer Taipan last year when I decided to buy a new mouse. I hated it. It was so small and uncomfortable for me to hold and I returned it the very next day.

What I strongly recommend doing is going out to a store where you can try them out yourself. I bought the same exact mouse, but only because it fit my large hands and claw grip very well. When you look at one, try to get one that feels comfortable in your hand and not the one you think can move around the fastest. Most gaming mice are very similar in function, but are all made with a certain person's hand and grip style in mind. As long as it gets 1000hz, high malfunction speed, and allows you to adjust your DPI then it's fine. Look for one that you think you could use for hours and hours without any sort of discomfort. Also change your windows pointer speed to 6, use raw input, and disable hardware acceleration.

I also recommend getting a new mousepad and monitor if you don't have a good one already. If you don't, then there is little to no point in even buying a mouse like this because it wont make much of a difference. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a mouse pad then buy a Razed Goliathus (Speed or Control) or Steelseries QCK, I own about five of them and personally prefer the Goliathus Speed Alpha. Buy a mouse pad AFTER you pick your mouse so that you can pick the one that works best. Believe it or not, your mouse pad is almost as important as your mouse itself. Make sure you don't end up buying one that's too small.

If you decide to get a good monitor, make sure to look at its response time (measured in ms) and refresh rate (measured in hz). Make sure it gets at least 120hz and a response time under 2ms. 5ms is unacceptable, and they simply don't compare. If you need to check, then its not good enough. Monitors like this cost at least $250 unless you find a good deal. You could argue that a difference of 3ms isn't game-changing, but it is. Keep this in mind: everything is delayed. Every key you press, every mouse movement you take, player models, server lag, etc. They all add up, and buying a good monitor will help you change that. I could keep going on about this, but I'm going to tell you its worth it.

In short, pick a mouse that feels comfortable to you, without worrying about how fast you can move with it. After that, buy a good mouse pad and monitor, and it will make a world of difference. If anybody tells you different, they usually fit in one of two groups. (1) they aren't very good at PC gaming, or (2) they have never actually used the kind of equipment that I'm speaking of, and are probably just assuming and you will notice a difference. After all, what's the point of getting 300 fps if your monitor is only capable of displaying 60 per second?

Tl;Dr Try out a mice that you think you could hold comfortably for a long time with your current grip (plan, claw, or fingertip), get a good mouse pad and monitor as well. Don't listen to people that will tell you different,because they most likely have no idea what they're talking about. Don't change your mouse settings to anything stupid either, like 3000 DPI or a ridiculously high sensitivity.
    Copy n paste fag
    - "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
    - "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    g400 is one I also swear by cant see how you don't like it anyway if you don't like the g400 don't bother going g700 either
    Nothing wrong with the mouse, its just that it was designed only for palm-grippers, which I'm not. I've owned about 20 different mice (don't get the wrong idea, I just have a lot of extra money to spend on shit like this), and the Deathadder has always been one of my favorites because of its size and ability to support all three grips (at least for me) but I've recently switched to the G9X because the DA started to feel sluggish with a fingertip grip. When I tried the G400 (which I really wanted to like), my hands and wrist would actually start to cramp up and hurt after about 15-20 minutes of me using it because of the change in grip; because its not my goal as a PC player to get carpal tunnel, I had to sell it after a couple weeks of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe06 View Post

Copy n paste fag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post

Nice C+P .
    Apparently writing a post longer than 4 sentences=C+P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12