Poll: have you suffered from depression?

Thread: depression poll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

depression poll

I have been depressed for over a year now and i have attemted suicide twice now. i think my overall sanity is not so good either. I would like to hear about other peoples fight whit depression.

Ps. Fuck grammar

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Dunno if I'm sane either.
    I just hang on to live to annoy God(if he exists) and try to be rich and rule peoples lives.
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Was depressed once for a few months. Still a bit, not as bad as before.
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    No reason to be depressed TBH
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

If'd you like to donate to support me, shoot me a PM

History
    Official Middleman January 15, 2015>May 20, 2015
    Marketplace Minion May 20, 2015>September 24, 2015
    Marketplace Moderator September 24, 2015>October 17, 2015
    Former Staff October 17, 2015>May 10, 2017
    Official Middleman May 10, 2017>November, 2017
    Resigned

Thanks
    If you're going to try and kill yourself, do it right.
    It shouldn't take 2+ attempts.
    You shall get no pity here.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

Thanks
    I don't think I am
    Official Sheep and Sheepfucker group

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Human beings ,imo, should be stronger than that.(falling into depression i mean)

But I guess if they were, religion wouldn't try to scare people away from it.

"Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Have you ever felt depressed? More properly, have you ever 'had' depression? Have you had months-long periods in your life that you can barely remember because they were mostly absorbed by sitting in your bedroom, trying to figure out how to leave and be 'normal' for a moment? I'm not talking about a brief period of intense depression caused by the death of a loved one, of a long-term relationship falling apart, or any other transitory factor: I mean the sort of pathological bleakness that starts in your brainstem and travels down to your soul, to the point where there's brief periods in the day where you know (don't think, know) that suicide is the only answer. Days where the temptation to leave a corpse for others to find and the very act of looking in the mirror is so primally revolting you can barely do it. Days where you sicken yourself just by existing and when sitting in your car you want to start pulling off strips of skin simply because you can't be yourself and exist anymore. It's hard to describe what something like this feels like to someone who's been fortunate enough not to feel it- the very idea that the self no longer makes sense and you spend most of your time in a dream world of total, all-encompassing self-hatred and suffering. Not a romantic sorrow, not something passionate and artistic, but the greyness of living in that mental state, where sadness eventually gets overwhelmed by sheer tiredness, resignation, and regret that you ever existed. There's a potent mixture of insane rage and equally insane self-destruction in the feeling I think only really resonates with people who have been there before (and not even all the time, at that). It's a product of a very peculiar mixture of neurological chemicals and environmental suffering, Not really sad, not crying, not even wishing for another life, but just sitting on the couch, knees pulled to your chest, looking out the window, and not thinking because it hurts too much even to think. The agony that inspires a desperate bid for salvation at the bottom of a pill bottle.
    Last edited by Aborted; 01-18-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Anti (01-19-2014),ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (01-19-2014),HalfBajan (01-18-2014),makee (01-19-2014),PyrexxHero® (01-18-2014),TheFlyingDutchman' (01-18-2014),Xenocide (01-18-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I was untill i found out that i was not the only one with certain views about law of affection and ever since i have been lucky,happy and sucessful.
    https://puu.sh/8E88f.jpg

“Today’s liberal intellectuals, who pride themselves on scientific method and being 'broadminded', are the most narrow-minded, self-righteous and hate-filled bigots in the history of humanity. No primitive tribe worshipping with its witch-doctor was ever more vicious in its hatred and suppression of heretics than today’s Marxist intellectuals, anti-racists and liberals.” — George Lincoln Rockwell

“Those who march with us will certainly face abuse, misunderstanding, bitter animosity, and possibly the ferocity of struggle and of danger. In return, we can only offer to them the deep belief that they are fighting that a great land may live.” — Oswald Mosley

Thanks
    Y'all niggas need Jesus.
    Please press Thanks/Rep+ me if I helped you in anyway

"Gangsters used to move ounces and reach for burners.
    Now gangsters only move mouses and reach for cursors."
    -Token

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnGon For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (01-18-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Have you ever felt depressed? More properly, have you ever 'had' depression? Have you had months-long periods in your life that you can barely remember because they were mostly absorbed by sitting in your bedroom, trying to figure out how to leave and be 'normal' for a moment? I'm not talking about a brief period of intense depression caused by the death of a loved one, of a long-term relationship falling apart, or any other transitory factor: I mean the sort of pathological bleakness that starts in your brainstem and travels down to your soul, to the point where there's brief periods in the day where you know (don't think, know) that suicide is the only answer. Days where the temptation to leave a corpse for others to find and the very act of looking in the mirror is so primally revolting you can barely do it. Days where you sicken yourself just by existing and when sitting in your car you want to start pulling off strips of skin simply because you can't be yourself and exist anymore. It's hard to describe what something like this feels like to someone who's been fortunate enough not to feel it- the very idea that the self no longer makes sense and you spend most of your time in a dream world of total, all-encompassing self-hatred and suffering. Not a romantic sorrow, not something passionate and artistic, but the greyness of living in that mental state, where sadness eventually gets overwhelmed by sheer tiredness, resignation, and regret that you ever existed. There's a potent mixture of insane rage and equally insane self-destruction in the feeling I think only really resonates with people who have been there before (and not even all the time, at that). It's a product of a very peculiar mixture of neurological chemicals and environmental suffering, Not really sad, not crying, not even wishing for another life, but just sitting on the couch, knees pulled to your chest, looking out the window, and not thinking because it hurts too much even to think. The agony that inspires a desperate bid for salvation at the bottom of a pill bottle.
    Exactly. Someone who is depressed/has been depressed can tell you, but you will never know until you experience it, and when you do, you forget that its depression and think for a moment that this is how you should feel. At least, that is how I interpret it. Other have different feelings.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Just, whatever you do, just don't kill yourself, ok? Please?

Thanks
    any of you ever expirienced (during depression) not just feeling anything?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    This thread is depressing me...

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    years ago yea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast