Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post
    People have been doing this for a very long time, congrats.
    You're right, the antenna was invented in 1888. Thanks for your novel contribution to this discussion.

However, I haven't messed with antennas since before you were born, and most people today don't even know you can still use one. All my close friends/fam and coworkers (most of whom are PhDs or some science-related background) never even thought to make one vs. buy a overpriced one on Amazon. Which is the point of my creating this thread.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post

You're right, the antenna was invented in 1888. Thanks for your novel contribution to this discussion.

However, I haven't messed with antennas since before you were born, and most people today don't even know you can still use one. All my close friends/fam and coworkers (most of whom are PhDs or some science-related background) never even thought to make one vs. buy a overpriced one on Amazon. Which is the point of my creating this thread.
    I actually made one for a television at my workplace, we haven't had it hooked up in over 4 years so I decided to make an antenna for it so that my coworkers( most of whom range from high school graduates to very high-ups in the Honda corporation) will have something to watch when we have downtime vs sitting there and waiting on email or conference calls. Don't try to pretend that I'm a child

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    The foil on the wall isnt great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post

I actually made one for a television at my workplace, we haven't had it hooked up in over 4 years so I decided to make an antenna for it so that my coworkers( most of whom range from high school graduates to very high-ups in the Honda corporation) will have something to watch when we have downtime vs sitting there and waiting on email or conference calls. Don't try to pretend that I'm a child
    Your MPGH profile says your 18. 18 is young, and that's what I based my statement on. Even I'm considered a kid by a 60 yr old, making age a relative statement, no? I teach at a university a couple classes a year, and since <I assume> this audience heavily overlaps the ones in my class, I thought I'd share to spark your (pl.) own creativity. I do random projects like this all the time and they always seem to be intrigued. No need for you to be sarcastically demeaning in your first comment

Anyway, no one seems to read any of what I said and are stuck on the whole foil thing because they're just looking at the picture, so I'll just have to post the end product later this week once I have the designs and cosmetic balance optimized.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    The bigger you make your board, the better the signal you'll catch, that's the issue with digital encoding waves, you have to catch the entire wave to get a signal or you won't be able to see anything. Walls and trees and stuff cause interference, the best way to catch any radio wave is by placing it as high as possible (on the roof).

I don't even watch TV, don't got time to watch on anyone else's schedule so I just download and watch anything I want when I get a chance. I can stream it to my TV just by using a HDMI cable.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (02-19-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Nice wii

Vouch Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronaut. View Post
    Date: March 20th, 2014
    Other Person involved: No others, only me and OP.
    Item that has been sold/traded: CrunchyRoll Account
    Selling Thread (URL): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=807479
    Extra Notes: Friendly person, always nice to meet a fellow anime watcher Transaction was fast and went smoothly.

Steam : IBuTrollFen

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Invaild_Username For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (02-19-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Why Hulu? Why not get Netflix?
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Very smart idea.

I personally don't watch tv at all but for those that do, this is EXTREMELY good.

"Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DenialS. View Post
    Why Hulu? Why not get Netflix?
    Netflix offers almost nothing compared to Hulu. I looked into both. If you exclusively watch movies, Netflix is ok. But if you watch TV, Netflix has hardly anything at all but Hulu has literally thousands of shows to choose from. Also, episodes are available on Hulu 24 hours after they've been newly aired, where Netflix only releases full seasons once the next one has already started.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I wouldn't even wast my money on hulu or netflix. Tv is a thing of the past and I don't know how it hasn't died yet. Just get internet and use www.letmewatchthis.com or www.movie25.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

If you got out of General you'd know this Remm.

Pretty damn cool setup man, been thinking about doing something similar to save cash. I barely even watch TV, so I'm wasting over $100 a month on DirecTV and a DVR. So it's only a one time purchase, and you can pick up base channels with no extra costs, or is there a monthly fee of some kind involved?
    I am only in Social Gaming Hacks, bite me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    The bigger you make your board, the better the signal you'll catch, that's the issue with digital encoding waves, you have to catch the entire wave to get a signal or you won't be able to see anything. Walls and trees and stuff cause interference, the best way to catch any radio wave is by placing it as high as possible (on the roof).

I don't even watch TV, don't got time to watch on anyone else's schedule so I just download and watch anything I want when I get a chance. I can stream it to my TV just by using a HDMI cable.
    TV is outdated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Cool. And ya ghetto.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Honestly if this Time Warner/Comcast merger goes through, this might not be a bad idea, or switch to Verizon FIOS. Most of my shows I get online, so I don't really watch much live TV, other than CNN/MSNBC. However if the merger DOES go through, and my local cable provider (Owned by Time Warner) starts capping bandwidth or raises their prices, I have to look for alternatives. Already paying close to $130 a month for 60mpbs connection and 3 Digital Cable boxes. Honestly this reminds me of the days where coat hangers were used as antennas. lol

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Honestly if this Time Warner/Comcast merger goes through, this might not be a bad idea, or switch to Verizon FIOS. Most of my shows I get online, so I don't really watch much live TV, other than CNN/MSNBC. However if the merger DOES go through, and my local cable provider (Owned by Time Warner) starts capping bandwidth or raises their prices, I have to look for alternatives. Already paying close to $130 a month for 60mpbs connection and 3 Digital Cable boxes. Honestly this reminds me of the days where coat hangers were used as antennas. lol
    What's funny, is your set up is exactly mine. Except I'm getting another cable box for my room.
    Successful Trades: 52

Scammed Trades: 6

Vouch Profile!

Consider donating to my PayPal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast