Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    I'd freeze myself for a few decades and do it all for the technology. I'll be able to get laid by virtual lolis and play inside Battlefield 9. It'd be a god damn dream come true.
    Shut the fuk up. All you want is futuristic robot hentai. Nigga I @Busted! you!

Threadstarter
    Child Support cant stop me!
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post

There's still one problem,if you are frozen ,your brain has to be shut down,then reanimated after being cryogenically frozen,but would you be the same person or just a clone with the same memories?
    If I can remember, a article said the Anti-freeze would do something to your brain that allows your memories, personality, and thinking patern to be preserved and remain the same for when they defrost you. Oh and price for this operation is $200,000.
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

People aren't against you;
    They are for themselves

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'd freeze myself for a few decades and do it all for the technology. I'll be able to get laid by virtual lolis and play inside Battlefield 9. It'd be a god damn dream come true.
    looks like you got @Busted!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaScratch View Post
    He's the hero MPGH deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
    MPGH Minion+ 2/2/2016 - 8/9/2016
    CockSucker 7/24/2015 - 7/25/2015
    Other Semi-popular FPS Hacks Minion 12/27/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Combat Arms Minion 11/4/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Maplestory Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    League of Legends Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    Other FPS Hacks Minion 5/31/15 - 8/9/2016
    Minecraft Marketplace Minion 6/18/15 - 9/15/2015
    Combat Arms Marketplace Minion 4/05/15 - 6/2/15
    Marketplace Minion 8/1/14 - 6/2/15
    MPGH Minion 8/1/14 - 2/2/2016

Official Middle Man 12/12/13 - 6/2/15
    Member 11/15/09 - Current

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted! View Post

looks like you got @Busted!
    i cri all the time :'(

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by DenialS. View Post

If I can remember, a article said the Anti-freeze would do something to your brain that allows your memories, personality, and thinking patern to be preserved and remain the same for when they defrost you. Oh and price for this operation is $200,000.
    Your brain still needs to be shut down after that unless you can just hit 'pause' on the functioning of the body and mind.

Threadstarter
    Child Support cant stop me!
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Your brain still needs to be shut down after that unless you can just hit 'pause' on the functioning of the body and mind.
    Well you'll basically be dead, but your body won't decay because it's frozen so it's something like that, maybe they will have the technology to be able to recover the brains previous thought process. Hell I don't know bro.
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Nothing will be impossible.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

There's still one problem,if you are frozen ,your brain has to be shut down,then reanimated after being cryogenically frozen,but would you be the same person or just a clone with the same memories?
    Please read this, I believe this information should help you understand.

Information from the wiki:

"A central premise of cryonics is that long-term memory, personality, and identity are stored in durable cell structures and patterns within the brain that do not require continuous brain activity to survive.[12] This premise is generally accepted in medicine; it is known that under certain conditions the brain can stop functioning and still later recover with retention of long-term memory.[13][14]Additional scientific premises of cryonics[15] are that (1) brain structures encoding personality and long-term memory persist for some time after legal death, (2) these structures are preserved by cryopreservation, and (3) future technologies that could restore encoded memories to functional expression in a healed person are theoretically possible. At present only cells, tissues, and some small organs can be reversibly cryopreserved.[16][17]Cryonics advocates say it is possible to preserve the fine cell structures of the brain in which memory and identity reside with present technology.[18] They say that demonstrably reversible cryopreservation is not necessary to achieve the present-day goal of cryonics, which is preservation of brain information that encodes memory and personal identity. They say current cryonics procedures can preserve the anatomical basis of mind,[10] and that this should be sufficient to prevent information-theoretic death until future repairs might be possible.
    A moral premise of cryonics is that all terminally ill patients should have the right, if they so choose, to be cryopreserved.[19] Some cryonicists believe as a matter of principle that anyone who would ordinarily be regarded as dead should instead be made a "permanent patient" subject to whatever future advances might bring.

Neuropreservation is cryopreservation of the brain, often within the head, with surgical removal and disposal (usually cremation) of the rest of the body. Neuropreservation, sometimes called “neuro,” is one of two distinct preservation options in cryonics, the other being "whole body" preservation.
    Neuropreservation is motivated by the brain's role as the primary repository of memory and personal identity. (For instance, spinal cord injury victims, organ transplant patients, and amputees retain their personal identity.) It is also motivated by the belief that reversing any type of cryonic preservation is so difficult and complex that any future technology capable of it must by its nature be capable of generalized tissue regeneration, including growth of a new body around a repaired brain. Some suggested revival scenarios for whole body patients even involve discarding the original body and regenerating a new body because tissues are so badly damaged by the preservation process. These considerations, along with lower costs, easier transportation in emergencies, and the specific focus on brain preservation quality, have motivated many cryonicists to choose neuropreservation.
    The advantages and disadvantages of neuropreservation are often debated among cryonics advocates. Critics of neuropreservation note that the body is a record of much life experience. While few cryonicists doubt that a revived neuro patient would be the same person, there are wider questions about how a regenerated body might feel different from the original.[46] Partly for these reasons (as well as for better public relations), the Cryonics Institute preserves only whole bodies. Some proponents of neuropreservation agree with these concerns, but still feel that lower costs and better brain preservation justify concentrating preservation efforts on the brain. About two-thirds of the patients stored at Alcor are neuropreservation patients. Although the American Cryonics Society no longer offers the neuropreservation option, about half of their patients are "neuros".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I will do what I want.
    Support me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhrain View Post
    I will do what I want.
    I hope you want to kill yourself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (04-03-2014)

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I agree, it's only selfish either way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Would you want to join with me ??
    Support me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhrain View Post

Would you want to join with me ??
    Sure! But you go first

hue

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Invis. View Post

Please read this, I believe this information should help you understand.

Information from the wiki:

"A central premise of cryonics is that long-term memory, personality, and identity are stored in durable cell structures and patterns within the brain that do not require continuous brain activity to survive.[12] This premise is generally accepted in medicine; it is known that under certain conditions the brain can stop functioning and still later recover with retention of long-term memory.[13][14]Additional scientific premises of cryonics[15] are that (1) brain structures encoding personality and long-term memory persist for some time after legal death, (2) these structures are preserved by cryopreservation, and (3) future technologies that could restore encoded memories to functional expression in a healed person are theoretically possible. At present only cells, tissues, and some small organs can be reversibly cryopreserved.[16][17]Cryonics advocates say it is possible to preserve the fine cell structures of the brain in which memory and identity reside with present technology.[18] They say that demonstrably reversible cryopreservation is not necessary to achieve the present-day goal of cryonics, which is preservation of brain information that encodes memory and personal identity. They say current cryonics procedures can preserve the anatomical basis of mind,[10] and that this should be sufficient to prevent information-theoretic death until future repairs might be possible.
    A moral premise of cryonics is that all terminally ill patients should have the right, if they so choose, to be cryopreserved.[19] Some cryonicists believe as a matter of principle that anyone who would ordinarily be regarded as dead should instead be made a "permanent patient" subject to whatever future advances might bring.

Neuropreservation is cryopreservation of the brain, often within the head, with surgical removal and disposal (usually cremation) of the rest of the body. Neuropreservation, sometimes called “neuro,” is one of two distinct preservation options in cryonics, the other being "whole body" preservation.
    Neuropreservation is motivated by the brain's role as the primary repository of memory and personal identity. (For instance, spinal cord injury victims, organ transplant patients, and amputees retain their personal identity.) It is also motivated by the belief that reversing any type of cryonic preservation is so difficult and complex that any future technology capable of it must by its nature be capable of generalized tissue regeneration, including growth of a new body around a repaired brain. Some suggested revival scenarios for whole body patients even involve discarding the original body and regenerating a new body because tissues are so badly damaged by the preservation process. These considerations, along with lower costs, easier transportation in emergencies, and the specific focus on brain preservation quality, have motivated many cryonicists to choose neuropreservation.
    The advantages and disadvantages of neuropreservation are often debated among cryonics advocates. Critics of neuropreservation note that the body is a record of much life experience. While few cryonicists doubt that a revived neuro patient would be the same person, there are wider questions about how a regenerated body might feel different from the original.[46] Partly for these reasons (as well as for better public relations), the Cryonics Institute preserves only whole bodies. Some proponents of neuropreservation agree with these concerns, but still feel that lower costs and better brain preservation justify concentrating preservation efforts on the brain. About two-thirds of the patients stored at Alcor are neuropreservation patients. Although the American Cryonics Society no longer offers the neuropreservation option, about half of their patients are "neuros".

and i believe this will help you to understand my point

https://www.alcor.org/Library/html/CaseForWholeBody.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    They did this with a chicken for 4 years
    after 4 years he was still alive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast