Thread: S5 Battery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301

    S5 Battery

    Hey anyone have the new S5 with stock OS running? If so, how's your battery life? Mine's complete shit right now and I'm not even using it very heavily.

  2. #2
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    You can teach any phone to have a good battery life by letting its battery run out.

    Just let your phone battery die then charge it. Keep doing that for more than a week and you should see results.

    As for a specific answer, @Doc should know.

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  3. #3
    Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    4,255
    Reputation
    860
    Thanks
    1,538
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    You can teach any phone to have a good battery life by letting its battery run out.

    Just let your phone battery die then charge it. Keep doing that for more than a week and you should see results.

    As for a specific answer, @Doc should know.
    The mighty Doc knows all.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------








    Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Had mine for about 4 days now, fully charged it twice. A full day of use will see it drop to around 30-40%, with constant downloading, gaming, streaming. Today I used it normally (checking it every half hour or so, played a game for half an hour, browsed reddit) and it is sitting at 76%. You might have a dud unit. I have the 4G/LTE version though.

  5. #5
    Zuhrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your pure heart
    Posts
    5,847
    Reputation
    810
    Thanks
    1,203
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Google is your friend...
    Support me.

  6. #6
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I always though that dropping battery to zero more than the first time reduces battery life time.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  7. #7
    I like her, She likes him, He likes me. How about you?
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Jhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anime World.
    Posts
    4,125
    Reputation
    888
    Thanks
    6,197
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Off some useless stuff like Bluetooth to reduce battery life time.




    • Member since March 20, 2012
    • Donator since March 1, 2014 (thanks to Jov)
    • Contributor since April 10, 2014
    • Minion Other MMORPG Games since August 1, 2015
    • Minion BlackShot since Nov 5, 2015

  8. #8
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,225
    Reputation
    1391
    Thanks
    2,512
    Got mine at 1:30pm today, Quick charged it to 100% and it was off the charger by 3pm.
    It's now 12:39am and it's at 68% with just general internet browsing, 4g usage and camera usage. Seems okay to me.

    Will see how it goes over the coming days on a full charge.

  9. #9
    Leossez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    I always though that dropping battery to zero more than the first time reduces battery life time.
    It's actually recommended that u let it run down to zero once per month and then do a full charge up to 100%, this way the battery life will last longer.

  10. #10
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leossez View Post
    It's actually recommended that u let it run down to zero once per month and then do a full charge up to 100%, this way the battery life will last longer.
    Will do. Thanks for the tip.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  11. #11
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Had mine for about 4 days now, fully charged it twice. A full day of use will see it drop to around 30-40%, with constant downloading, gaming, streaming. Today I used it normally (checking it every half hour or so, played a game for half an hour, browsed reddit) and it is sitting at 76%. You might have a dud unit. I have the 4G/LTE version though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Got mine at 1:30pm today, Quick charged it to 100% and it was off the charger by 3pm.
    It's now 12:39am and it's at 68% with just general internet browsing, 4g usage and camera usage. Seems okay to me.

    Will see how it goes over the coming days on a full charge.
    I usually do a full charge every other day, depending if I use the phone that much. Normally, I have my WiFi and LTE on but I'm mostly using WiFi. The phone barely lasts a full 24 hours on a full charge with just simple web browsing. Ultra Power Saving mode actually kills my battery faster than just the normal OS running. And today, when I tested the phone, I was just browsing Wikipedia for about 25 minutes and I dropped about 10% on WiFi with the brightness to near minimum.

    I contacted Samsung a few days ago and they said this is apparently normal; however after reading your comments, I am starting to doubt that. What can I do to claim a warranty or can I just bring it back to my carrier for an exchange (with T-mobile in the US).

  12. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post




    I usually do a full charge every other day, depending if I use the phone that much. Normally, I have my WiFi and LTE on but I'm mostly using WiFi. The phone barely lasts a full 24 hours on a full charge with just simple web browsing. Ultra Power Saving mode actually kills my battery faster than just the normal OS running. And today, when I tested the phone, I was just browsing Wikipedia for about 25 minutes and I dropped about 10% on WiFi with the brightness to near minimum.

    I contacted Samsung a few days ago and they said this is apparently normal; however after reading your comments, I am starting to doubt that. What can I do to claim a warranty or can I just bring it back to my carrier for an exchange (with T-mobile in the US).
    You would probably have more luck going back to your carrier, you'd have more consumer power by doing so, because you are a direct customer with T-Mobile not Samsung. Not to mention T-Mobile has a vested interest in its customer satisfaction rates considering it's latest business strat.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    | ∞ | (04-17-2014)

  14. #13
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    You would probably have more luck going back to your carrier, you'd have more consumer power by doing so, because you are a direct customer with T-Mobile not Samsung. Not to mention T-Mobile has a vested interest in its customer satisfaction rates considering it's latest business strat.
    Okay. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll head out to a T-mobile store sometime this week and hopefully get it exchanged. Any particular advice when talking to them about this or should I just state the issue and see what they do from there?

  15. #14
    Kiritsugu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Rance's house
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    415
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

    Will do. Thanks for the tip.
    Turn off all of the useless shit like Air gesture, etc. I use an S4 so I assume they're similar. Also about letting the battery run down to 0, I heard it was a good thing but usually by nighttime my S4 has around 30-40% left and if I don't charge it then it'd run out of battery the next day. So I never let my battery run down to 0.

  16. #15
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,225
    Reputation
    1391
    Thanks
    2,512
    Battery is fine on my device. Had the phone off charge since 11am and I took this picture at 2am last night.



    Could have lasted another whole day if it wanted to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My laptop battery =.=
    By -James in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 04:56 AM
  2. Exploding Duracell Batteries
    By arunforce in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 01:13 AM
  3. I had a Melted battery
    By Trymenub in forum Reefer Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
  4. hacking a 9 volt batterY?
    By ClapBangKiss in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 05:23 AM
  5. Nice battery..
    By SATANICAT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 04:24 PM