Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Question Need help with router and network.

hello at my house i have two routers. They are both connected to the same network, one is my moms and one is mine that i use to for my xbox 360 to get internet since it is not wireless and it is in my room when my moms is in her room across the house. My moms friend came over a long time ago and set up the network and i guess he hooked both of the routers together on the same network. My moms router is connected to the modem and mines not and i was wondering how to remove my router from the same network and set up my own wireless connection. It is very annoying and ive tried searching on google but it only tells how to set them both up to same network and bridge them on google for the results. If you can help me please let me know how to seperate my router from the network and set up my own network connection to connect my laptop to wirlessy.
    -Thanks from acer12453

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by acer12453 View Post
    hello at my house i have two routers. They are both connected to the same network, one is my moms and one is mine that i use to for my xbox 360 to get internet since it is not wireless and it is in my room when my moms is in her room across the house. My moms friend came over a long time ago and set up the network and i guess he hooked both of the routers together on the same network. My moms router is connected to the modem and mines not and i was wondering how to remove my router from the same network and set up my own wireless connection. It is very annoying and ive tried searching on google but it only tells how to set them both up to same network and bridge them on google for the results. If you can help me please let me know how to seperate my router from the network and set up my own network connection to connect my laptop to wirlessy.
    -Thanks from acer12453
    DaFuak you mean get service from the same company that's faster and hook it up to your router?

Steps for an idiot:
    Call the service you want
    Be like i want a second service in my house but on a separate account
    They come install the modem
    You hook up your router to that modem
    Tada! You have just completed internet service for retards 101

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1320452_1.gif

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    no, we bought a router and modem from walmart and my moms friend who programs computers and stuff hooked them up for us when he doesnt work for brighthouse or any router company just is good with stuff XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I think you need to tell your mother..
    Support me.