Thread: Steam VAC

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    dfg555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    47
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1

    Steam VAC

    I was wondering if VAC actually scans your entire system for hacks? I read somewhere it scans your DNS and sends that information their servers? Can they ban your entire Steam Account once they've detected hacks in your computer?

  2. #2
    Drokechas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In The Shade † ☯ 不可視
    Posts
    409
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    2,581
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I don't say..

    I know only, you have hack for prefer game, you get ban on server hosting but for full steam you must play game without hostings servers..

    VAC:
     
    If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.
    While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.
    The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.


    Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    I was wondering if VAC actually scans your entire system for hacks? I read somewhere it scans your DNS and sends that information their servers? Can they ban your entire Steam Account once they've detected hacks in your computer?
    Donations like thanks .)
    ...





  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drokechas For This Useful Post:

    Rebeka (06-17-2014)

  4. #3
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,337
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    8,058
    You're supposed to hide your hacks in the Microsoft folder so Gabe doesn't find them.

  5. #4
    dfg555's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    47
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drokechas View Post
    I don't say..

    I know only, you have hack for prefer game, you get ban on server hosting but for full steam you must play game without hostings servers..

    VAC:
     
    If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.
    While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.
    The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.


    Where did you get that information about the VAC system?

  6. #5
    Reav3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ж█R▓£▒λ░ν▒З▓Я█Ж
    Posts
    3,742
    Reputation
    205
    Thanks
    250
    My Mood
    Angelic
    What does DNS have anything to do with scanning?
    * Contact Information *
    Yahoo: darkslayer84@yahoo.com
    MSN: parham6@live.com
    Skype: parham649
    ooVoo: Parham6
    * Vouches (Trade Reputation) *
    Vouch #1 - RenardO went first, No Middleman: My Account => His Account
    Vouch #2 - Mr.StoneX went first, No Middleman: My Account => His uPlay+Steam Accounts

  7. #6
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,337
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Reav3R View Post
    What does DNS have anything to do with scanning?
    The DNS scans your HDMI to make sure you aren't storing illegal files on your VGA.

    man this is fucking stupid

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

    Reav3R (06-14-2014),Scotia (06-14-2014),ThePixelJunk (06-14-2014)

  9. #7
    Reav3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ж█R▓£▒λ░ν▒З▓Я█Ж
    Posts
    3,742
    Reputation
    205
    Thanks
    250
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-faga View Post
    The DNS scans your HDMI to make sure you aren't storing illegal files on your VGA.

    man this is fucking stupid
    lol I thought it collects our porn for fat gabe
    * Contact Information *
    Yahoo: darkslayer84@yahoo.com
    MSN: parham6@live.com
    Skype: parham649
    ooVoo: Parham6
    * Vouches (Trade Reputation) *
    Vouch #1 - RenardO went first, No Middleman: My Account => His Account
    Vouch #2 - Mr.StoneX went first, No Middleman: My Account => His uPlay+Steam Accounts

  10. #8
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed, watching you sleep.
    Posts
    24,674
    Reputation
    3481
    Thanks
    3,602
    afaik, you can only get VAC banned if you actually use a hack on a VAC protected game and the hack is detected
    so simply having a hack on your computer should be safe



    My games;

    x

  11. #9
    Drokechas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In The Shade † ☯ 不可視
    Posts
    409
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    2,581
    My Mood
    Drunk
    On official website steam community

    Quote Originally Posted by dfg555 View Post
    Where did you get that information about the VAC system?
    Donations like thanks .)
    ...





  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drokechas For This Useful Post:

    Rebeka (06-17-2014)

  13. #10
    krasenm24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    afaik, you can only get VAC banned if you actually use a hack on a VAC protected game and the hack is detected
    so simply having a hack on your computer should be safe

    That! This is absolutely correct.

  14. #11
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-faga View Post
    The DNS scans your HDMI to make sure you aren't storing illegal files on your VGA.

    man this is fucking stupid
    So it's safe to store them on DVI?

  15. #12
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,583
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,721
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post


    So it's safe to store them on DVI?
    I'd go with the safe route and delete system32 before I downloaded anything.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotia For This Useful Post:

    MasterFart (06-14-2014),ThePixelJunk (06-14-2014)

  17. #13
    rfny04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Amused
    Iv'e only been banned for one account. IDK if it was just me or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Standalone will use Steam VAC
    By affie in forum DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
  2. [Help] Is Memory Patching and/or hooking Direct3d detected on steam(vac)?
    By Aqollo in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:19 AM
  3. Steam VAC
    By tonykil1 in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
  4. FUCK STEAM, VAC, AND IWNET
    By HACKINGPIE in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
  5. GOT STEAM VAC BANNED!!!!!
    By sieko in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 03:12 AM