Thread: Fucking Ubishit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Developers need to realize that the PC version of any game should be better than it's console equivalent in terms of frame rate and graphics, those two points are some of the main reasons why people get into PC gaming. I can understand that they don't have the budget to essentially make two separate games but the least they can do is crank some of the setting up for PC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post

Developers need to realize that the PC version of any game should be better than it's console equivalent in terms of frame rate and graphics, those two points are some of the main reasons why people get into PC gaming. I can understand that they don't have the budget to essentially make two separate games but the least they can do is crank some of the setting up for PC.
    It's worse than that.
    In this case, and most likely in other cases, the graphics and features were already there, but cut in order to gimp the PC version closer to console. It's not just putting a lawnmower engine in a Lamborghini, it's removing a Lamborghini engine that was already there, and replacing it with a lawnmower engine, as to not offend the peasant lawnmower owners.
    Last edited by Aborted; 06-24-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    I am the seer in the dark,
    the vagabond of yore,
    valediction.
    I am the sum of all your parts,
    and proprietor of all.
    A miasma,
    the conclusion,
    blackmonger of Inlé,
    valediction.
    Synapses fray,
    my form now vivid,
    as torpor sets and blood grows tepid.
    With every ounce of flesh now offered,
    I hold your corpse within my coffers.
    Knitted cells now split asunder,
    stand alongside me brother.
    Take your place amongst my Owsla,
    we march at dawn now and forever.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Scotia (06-24-2014),Shayde (06-24-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

It's worse than that.
    In this case, and most likely in other cases, the graphics and features were already there, but cut in order to gimp the PC version closer to console. It's not just putting a lawnmower engine in a Lamborghini, it's removing a Lamborghini engine that was already there, and replacing it with a lawnmower engine, as to not offend the peasant lawnmower owners.
    My point exactly. Game devs seem to think that all console players think that they get the best experience on their respective systems when most know that the PC gets the superior version due to it's hardware and software. I've asked every one of my friends if they would switch to PC if they could and they all replied yes, some of them have even done it after I mentioned how cheap you could get a PC for. Fair enough a large portion of the console community (Mainly the CoD community) seem to think that they should get the best version of the game and because of their sheer numbers and vocality the devs think that it's their duty to abide by their rules. It really sucks and with the way that things are going it doesn't seem like things are going to get any better. The current gen consoles are closer to a PC in terms of software than ever so cranking up settings should be hard for the devs to pull off. Needless to say, Ubisoft better get their shit together otherwise they're going to a lose a massive amount of the PC community.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

It's worse than that.
    I don't think anyone would be offended really as it comes with the territory. It's more or less about how the gaming industry was born and how it evolved over time you see. It's always been about the home console and it will be for sometime to come.

consoles were cheaper than computers back in the day, so heaps more people bought them and that's where the developers of games made their money and that's where they are still primarily making their money because consoles for the most part have been locked down systems which forced a lot of people to buy the optical discs or cartridges they came on.

I guarantee you if the gaming industry was born from PCs, then consoles would be the afterthought.

Another argument could be made that there are more PC gamers out there today than all the consoles users, but are these PCs really up to scratch for developers to say "Hey, let's spend more time and money building a standalone PC version so users can smash the graphics" there really aren't that many that could get go ultra on games so what's the point?

what I'm trying to say is, look at where the developers make the most money to get the quickest return on their respective IPs.
    Last edited by Justin; 06-24-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard

Thanks
    Well, that fucking sucks. I was really looking forward to it.
    But then again, I sort of stopped believing the E3 after Alien Colonial Marines.

Thanks

It's worse than that.
    filthy peasants ruin all our fun

My games;

x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    not to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC".
    They aren't as powerful. And they never fucking will be.
    I cant stand the console marketers at all. I'm fed up with their bullshit. They need to accept the fact that their systems will not be as powerful as a PC and move the fuck on.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks

It's worse than that.
    Most likely the most accurate post on MPGH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12