Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    No, I'm not.
    Owned can be used in the exact same way as raped.
    They are interchangeable.
    We are not talking about the 1990 meaning of the word.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    To ruin your gaming experience, and enhance ours.
    well that sums it up pritty well .nicely done RJ.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingalbrect79 View Post
    First of all I will introduce myself, I go by the name of Kingalbrect79 in the game world and I have been playing competetively for about 10 years now. I started seriously with Battlefield 1942, the DC mod, and eventually with Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty series, Counter Strike, Soldier of Fortune 2 and many others. I have never used a hack program or cheating program of any kind, ever, nor will I. I will not claim to be the best player in the world, but I can hold my own, and currently I hold around a 1.45-1.5 KDR in CA (Until this week, which I will get to).

Second I wish to express my intention that I am not here to flame, critisize, insult or engage in a flaming war with 14 year olds. I am here instead out of general curiosity and seek only information from your community. So please do not post derogatory remarks and name calling just for the reason that you think your funny. I will not respond to them and engage your urges for attention, instead I wish to have an intelligent discussion with members of this forum who create, code, write and use these "hack" programs in a public setting, not in locked servers.

With that being said, I have a few questions for this community: (These only apply to hacks, not glitches)

1. What is the motivation behind hacking Combat Arms so heavily? Is it a hatred for Nexon in general, or is it a cry for attention?

2. Why do each of you feel the need to use a cheater program to rank up, gain quick or easy xp/gp instead of actually improving your skills as the game intended?

3. Why do you think it is neccessary to call yourselves "pwners" when it requires the use of a program to achieve a win?

4. Is it possible to write an Anti-Hack program for those of us who wish to maintain a clean room an honest play? Essentially nullifying the effects of hackers in a room that they are obviously unwanted. Kind of like creating a virus and a cure?

5. What is the average age of this hacking community? Based on the experience that I have had with players in the game/s, Youtube video research and browsing threads in this forum, picture avatars posted here as well as common grammatical speech patterns I will assume that this average age is around 14?

6. By getting yourself banned and kicked out of so many different games and servers, what is the end result of all this? Is it a satisfaction that you really ruined people's gaming experience who wish to actually play the game, or is a need for attention that is not being met either socially or emotionally?

I am sure by now that most of you who intend to enlessly flame this thread have long since stopped reading, but for those of you who I hope will endulge me in a conversation must know, I do not intend to report anyone, try to get anyone in trouble or anything of the sort, I am just researching the reasoning behind why you do what you do and what sort of reward you get from it.

As I mentioned in the beginning, I am a truly honest player, a good player that at one time was in the top 30 players in the world for Battlefield Vitenam in it's heyday at the peak of my play. I still play most of the time, but casually now as every single room I enter is plagued by so many hackers that it is impossible to achieve an accurate score or ratio. In the span of two days I wrote down the names of over 30 hackers, and my ratio dropped from a 1.45 to a 1.30. This is with having players kicked out and still having a positive ration in most games. It is very discouraging in all to have to resort to un-installing a game (which I have never had to do), however this is the first game I have ever seen that is so infested with cheaters that I no longer have the heart to play, it is impossible to win against someone who cheats the game and does not make for balanced gameplay.

With that I thank you for your time and I will stay on this forum for awhile just to see If I have any responses I can reply to, like I said earlier, flames will not be endulged, have a good day.

King
    1- you get mad when someone hacks right? well on the other side the hackers side its funny as fuck
    2- they get bored fast so they cheat ... it makes them feel gud
    3- i dont know wachya talkin about
    4- no / yes but mostly no cuz i dont like you :-O
    5- 13-16
    6- it gives them a boner

Super Happy Fun Time

"...Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Have you heard of a hobby?

I agree that's retarded, but some pople just like fighting a system that can be beat.

Why do you take it so personally? It's a game.

Yes, but NProtect has failed.

There are millions of forms of hacking. Most people who 'hack'(aka copy shit) games, and about 14 - 15. Most real hackers, I.E White hats or black hats require lots of training and experience in school.

Why do you give a shit?

Only if you flame me.
    Only you would do this. Only you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Why would we waist time earning digital points? It means nothing in real life.
    Agreed. Just because i have a 3 Kill/Death Ratio, won't get me a better job. Being high rank or from the best clan, won't help either.
    Also, the average age is 14 years old, because most players are that age, or somewhere near.
    Why do we hack? Because we can.
    For the people that code the hack, there's two reasons: money and just to prove they can. It's the same thing as why people make viruses: money and just to prove they can, like the stage of a coder.
    Last edited by TropX; 09-29-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    We are not talking about the 1990 meaning of the word.
    Since I was talking about the origination of the word owned I was talking about the 1990's definition >_>.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well first off I would like to thank those of you who chose to respond to my questions despite most of them being the answers I expected.

You can call me a troll if you like, but unlike a troll I am not here to change your opinion of Hacking, try and force you not to or make you feel bad, nor am I going to encourage arguments on your forum when I came to you looking for answers to my questions.

I do apologize for not signing in and answering for quite some time. I have a wedding coming up in a month now and several other projects going on at the same time. (I run a drag car at the local speedway during the week).

I really hate the idea of Necroposts, but for he sake of putting and end to my post bashing by some of your more colorful members I wanted to let you know that I appreciate the answers that you have taken your time to post.

I don't play CA anymore, well, pretty much no online games anymore because I've got too much tied up in my car now to buy new games. I know CA was free and that was leading up to finally getting my new engine in the car and getting back into the competitions.

I am not as stupid as some of your members think I am. I understand the term Pwned and various other origins for L33tsp3ak and other now-overused acronyms. I started my computer abilities on the Texas Instrument computers learning Basic and playing DOS games. From there I learned how to code, create games from DOS and now I am in college for 3ds Max 2010 and should graduate very soon with a bachelors in science degree in game design. My questions were not to start an argument, merely they were out of frustration and the need to ask people from the hacking community DIRECTLY.

If you wanted to buy illegal weapons would you go to the guy who bags your groceries at the local WalMart? No, you'd probably go straight to the nearest biker gang.

My intentions were completely benign in nature and I in no way attempted to offend those of you who ejoy being such smartasses. (This I expected)

You are going to do what you're going to do no matter what some random person says on a forum. I understand this and I really don't care either way. I simply was looking for honest answers, not just the typical rhetoric that you get when you confront a hacker. "Because it makes my dick hard" is a typical ignorant response. There are members that have posted in this thread who gave me honest and up front answers to my questions despite my approval/disproval of their tactics. I respect civilized conversation and respect for individual courtesy will go much farther than "It gets my dick hard".

I'm not sure that I will post here again, maybe I will keep an eye out for any replies. I honestly forgot about it towards christmas due to my work schedule and aside from spending most of my time in the garage getting ready for the next week I haven't been too active in the gaming community any more.

So I state again, this response will probably bring more "self appointed bashers" out of the woodwork, but at least I got the answers I was looking for.

Thank you.

King

Thanks
    Nigga, I still aint reeading this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

KING is an AMERICAN TO THE DEATH.

He doesn't even agree with himself sometimes. But at night, before he goes to sleep. He does a prayer to a god he doesn't believe in and ask for the deity to watch over his country....while he sleeps.

KING is a true AMERICAN....An all AMERICAN

Thanks
    TLDR

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    The corners is the hot spot, full of mad criminals who don't care, guzzlin beers, we all stare at the out-of-towners

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    The corners is the hot spot, full of mad criminals who don't care, guzzlin beers, we all stare at the out-of-towners
    Shut the spam up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

KING is an AMERICAN TO THE DEATH.

He doesn't even agree with himself sometimes. But at night, before he goes to sleep. He does a prayer to a god he doesn't believe in and ask for the deity to watch over his country....while he sleeps.

KING is a true AMERICAN....An all AMERICAN

Thanks
    I wasn’t going to answer it, since I had assumed a choob bumped it (a choob that isn’t the original poster). But I assume I probably should now.

1. The motivation for hacking Combat Arms comes from a few different sources. Some people are too lazy to attain skill at a game, and some people have too much time to attain skill, so others feel they need to hack or find an alternative to skill. Other people that may join the game later on in its life cycle may be so overwhelmed by hackers that they feel they need to hack to have any chance at winning; in your situation, this would be the normal response by a 15 year old playing Combat Arms.

2. This ones easy. The higher your level, the less chances of people thinking you hack. And in a game like CA where guns are constantly being updated, and they only last 1 day every time you buy them, it only makes sense to a lazy person to find some way to gain a lot of GP faster.

3. I’ve never heard the term “pawners” thrown around specifically, but I know what you mean. I believe this is because they feel that if you can use hacks, anybody can use hacks. Therefore, you own anybody that doesn’t because they are too nobody to use hacks.

4. I’m sorry, but this is not possible. Only Nexon can do this, and implement it into their game, and they already do.

5. 13-17 is probably pretty accurate. Many people here (or the entire internet) don’t use proper grammar, and that is something you are going to have to get over.

6. Getting banned is simply the consequence for #1 and #2.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    from fucking 2009, he necro's WOW what a fucking idiot.

Thanks
    He made a thread, left, and then came back after 6 months to check for responses. I wonder what made him randomly decide to check the responses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    tl;dr
    ~
    Stop necroing dead things.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast