Thread: Lexus is250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah

    Lexus is250

    I'm looking to purchase this Lexus, what do you guys think about it? My Dads is a mechanic and a auto body man so he's going to fix this sexy beast up for me.

    Bidding hopefully starts in 2 weeks, budget is about 5K on the auction and 2K for parts, and paint, Labor free.







    Hopefully I can get it and flip it after a year and get a X6, or a ML.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 07-20-2014 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I personally would never drive a car that had major frame damage unless it was tracked.

  3. #3
    Minnesota Dabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,243
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    1,074
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I don't really like luxury cars.

    Plus going on with what @Doc said, I wouldn't recommend a car that has been totaled.
    Successful Trades: 52

    Scammed Trades: 6

    Vouch Profile!



    Consider donating to my PayPal!

  4. #4
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I personally would never drive a car that had major frame damage unless it was tracked.
    Well it's all going to get fixed my dad has been doing it for over 30 years.

  5. #5
    Anti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    here, sadly
    Posts
    6,625
    Reputation
    1354
    Thanks
    1,241
    Hmmm. For a second, I thought you were @Genesis cause all he talks about is cars.

    Anywho, I say go for it. Its a nice looking lexus, and for 7k I would buy it and fix it up.

    Goodluck, Allen.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

    Genesis (07-20-2014),[SMA] Paradise` (07-21-2014)

  7. #6
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post


    Well it's all going to get fixed my dad has been doing it for over 30 years.
    Yea but the frame is always going to be weaker than its original form.

  8. #7
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,583
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,721
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mhhh I wouldn't buy it, even if your dad has experience in the field I'd stay away from it, the sight of it and the fact that it won't be as good as it once was puts me off but by all means go for it.

  9. #8
    We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Cataclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    13,907
    Reputation
    1725
    Thanks
    1,742
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If you can get it for a good price, go for it!


    Skype: MPGH.Cataclypse
     


    Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV
    Call of Duty Minion - XII.MMXIV
    CrossFire Minion - II.MMXV
    Steam Games Minion - III.MMXV
    Minion+ - IV.MMXV
    Former Staff - XI.MMXV



  10. #9
    Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    13,888
    Reputation
    855
    Thanks
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by gamefun View Post
    In my opinion, the author's idea is advisable.I will make advertisement freely for your post,recommend it to my frields.Most of my frields are fall in love with rs. And under this circumstance,I also like to play online game,such as RuneScape.I always buy the items online.So I am familiar with the safest and convenient way to buy Cheap RS Gold online at rsgoldfast.com
    best bot eva



  11. #10
    Riddick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Delusional
    Posts
    7,719
    Reputation
    529
    Thanks
    5,155
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post
    I'm looking to purchase this Lexus, what do you guys think about it? My Dads is a mechanic and a auto body man so he's going to fix this sexy beast up for me.

    Bidding hopefully starts in 2 weeks, budget is about 5K on the auction and 2K for parts, and paint, Labor free.







    Hopefully I can get it and flip it after a year and get a X6, or a ML.
    I had a dark blue 2006 Lexus IS250 and kept it for 6-7 months before I got my M3.

    Nice car to drive but can be thirsty on fuel if driven hard. I had a problem with the exhaust and it was nearly £1,000 to replace a Stainless exhaust, so had it welded and repaired it for £60. I sold it after I kept getting brake fade when driving it hard. Overall.... nice car but expensive to run.

  12. #11
    Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    13,888
    Reputation
    855
    Thanks
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post


    I had a dark blue 2006 Lexus IS250 and kept it for 6-7 months before I got my M3.

    Nice car to drive but can be thirsty on fuel if driven hard. I had a problem with the exhaust and it was nearly £1,000 to replace a Stainless exhaust, so had it welded and repaired it for £60. I sold it after I kept getting brake fade when driving it hard. Overall.... nice car but expensive to run.
    What about rust? Any problems with it?



  13. #12
    Riddick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Delusional
    Posts
    7,719
    Reputation
    529
    Thanks
    5,155
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post

    What about rust? Any problems with it?
    Being 7 years old when I had it, had some rust under the front end of the hood, and some on the one rear arch, but were fixable. The car had been wax oiled when new so the underneath and running gear were good. Had a small problem with the tracking on the front right wheel which kept reverting back and wearing the inside of the tyre.

  14. #13
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I believe I'd play safe and forget about it, frame damages are a really big risk, however, if you like it that much, go for it.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  15. #14
    | ∞ |'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a white van.
    Posts
    3,320
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    301
    I personally wouldn't go for it. Not worth risking my life for a car that will look nice after the frame is fixed.

  16. #15
    Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    13,888
    Reputation
    855
    Thanks
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post


    Being 7 years old when I had it, had some rust under the front end of the hood, and some on the one rear arch, but were fixable. The car had been wax oiled when new so the underneath and running gear were good. Had a small problem with the tracking on the front right wheel which kept reverting back and wearing the inside of the tyre.
    What about spare parts?



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast