Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

How many friends do you have?

Honestly, I don't know what the fuck I did. Maybe I'm an insufferable cunt (likely), or maybe I've just completely changed what I'm interested in. Sadly, I think I'm out of friends. I've lent people money, taken people out to eat, bought booze for parties, offered rides, and been there for people for years... but I'm never involved in any activities with any of my acquaintances unless I initiate contact. I'm closer to my coworkers than anyone else currently. I buy gifts for their daughters, throw bridal showers, and come in to drop off baked goods on my day off. However, none of them know what I've done, or really even who I am.

I haven't seen a single "friend" in over 90 days. I didn't have a single person notice until yesterday.

-I don't drink
    -I don't smoke
    -I don't go to concerts
    -I don't do drugs (anymore?)

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, I'll be leaving my current city in about a month for greener pastures. I just thought that I'd have some sort of going away party, or maybe someone to miss me when I'm gone. I thought that I'd have someone to look forward to coming back to visit, or someone that I could invite out for a drink. I don't have any of that, I'm consumed by work and my little side projects.

I'm slowly changing telephone numbers, removing social media accounts, and getting ready to move on. It feels weird.

This is likely the most serious thread I've posted in well over a year... How many friends do you have? What did I do?

ALSO EAT A DICK, I KNOW SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE A THUNDERCUNT IN THIS THREAD

Thanks
    I have about a dozen "friends" that I almost never talk with.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I have the same thing about paying for things that you do too. Usually when I take friends out I end up paying for them (foods not that expensive) or I spot them money when they come up short. If you really want to become memorable and for people to appreciate what you do, I'd suggest actually to make them treat you or pay you back (it's weird). Just when you part ways, tell the person that you want to hang out a later day and that they can spot you then to make up for you spotting them that day.

I guess you can tell people that you're leaving too, that can make them possibly throw a party (if they truly appreciate you). I don't think you stated that you told any of your 'friends' or coworkers that you were leaving. I wouldn't change my number or delete my social media. Just tell people that you are leaving and that it'd be cool to keep in touch (and then if they agree, tell them your number, social media, etc.). When you come back to visit, just message them saying that you're popping back in town for a quick visit and that you'd like to grab a drink if its alright with them. If they make up a BS excuse, maybe try holding something against them ('Hey.. Remember that time I paid for your lunch? Well come out for a drink, that'll be enough to pay me back for that time.'), something like that.

Not sure if this helped, I basically rambled but I truly hope your situation improves. I can't be fully empathetic but I have a sense of what you're feeling and what you're thinking (to a degree, since I've experienced situations/points in my life similar to this).
    Godlike.

Thanks
    around 10 to be honest and im quite sure, it will get lower soon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Step 1. Don't give any fucks
    Step 2. Repeat step 1
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronaut. View Post
    I have the same thing about paying for things that you do too. Usually when I take friends out I end up paying for them (foods not that expensive) or I spot them money when they come up short. If you really want to become memorable and for people to appreciate what you do, I'd suggest actually to make them treat you or pay you back (it's weird). Just when you part ways, tell the person that you want to hang out a later day and that they can spot you then to make up for you spotting them that day.

I guess you can tell people that you're leaving too, that can make them possibly throw a party (if they truly appreciate you). I don't think you stated that you told any of your 'friends' or coworkers that you were leaving. I wouldn't change my number or delete my social media. Just tell people that you are leaving and that it'd be cool to keep in touch (and then if they agree, tell them your number, social media, etc.). When you come back to visit, just message them saying that you're popping back in town for a quick visit and that you'd like to grab a drink if its alright with them. If they make up a BS excuse, maybe try holding something against them ('Hey.. Remember that time I paid for your lunch? Well come out for a drink, that'll be enough to pay me back for that time.'), something like that.

Not sure if this helped, I basically rambled but I truly hope your situation improves. I can't be fully empathetic but I have a sense of what you're feeling and what you're thinking (to a degree, since I've experienced situations/points in my life similar to this).

They've all known for almost a year. This change has been a long time coming, I guess I'm just tired of constantly working to maintain my relationships. I've attempted the whole "you cover me next" shit, it never works. I probably have around a grand floating out in the wind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Internet is my only friend.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Honestly my story is kind of the same. People just use me to buy stuff for their parties and since i never get drunk or do drugs at those meetings i give them rides. But they`ll never just invite me anywhere else or just to hang out. In a way I feel used as well. It`ll be an extremely rare occasion, rather it being my birthday or someone else's and they need people for it. It`s kind of sad really and i feel for you bro.

Thanks
    around 10 tbh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

They've all known for almost a year. This change has been a long time coming, I guess I'm just tired of constantly working to maintain my relationships. I've attempted the whole "you cover me next" shit, it never works. I probably have around a grand floating out in the wind.
    Well do you not have fun with people you hang out? That's the only reason that I could think of that would make someone not want to hang out with you another time.
    Godlike.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Shit I'll friend you if I can mooch off you.

Don't turn my sentence gay faggot.

I don't think its necessarily what you do for people that makes them friends, it's how you can connect. I have a lot harder time connecting with people because of the internet. Fuck you, internet.
    Last edited by arunforce; 08-14-2014 at 01:36 AM.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

12. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Color (08-14-2014)

Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Don't have any best friends but I probably have more then half of the people in my grade as friends, we hang out and talk a lot but I don't actually have any of there phone numbers as it stands now though I have only been going to their school for a little under a year now. ^-^

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I win

Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Astronaut. View Post
    Well do you not have fun with people you hang out? That's the only reason that I could think of that would make someone not want to hang out with you another time.
    I don't have fun having to initiate every hang-out session myself.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Shit I'll friend you if I can mooch off you.

Don't turn my sentence gay faggot.

I don't think its necessarily what you do for people that makes them friends, it's how you can connect. I have a lot harder time connecting with people because of the internet. Fuck you, internet.
    We used to connect, but now we don't. Maybe I've just been trying to clog up a sinking ship with money and favors? The internet and responsibilities have definitely hindered my ability to make friends.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I know tons of people and tons of people know me. I don't really have any super close friends (only have like 1 friend that I would legit talk about EVERYTHING with). I just fit in with every clique, but not as much as those that actually fit into that clique.

Bottom Line: I know lots of people and lots of people know me but I can't even call them actual friends.
    Rep. Power: 111

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast