Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    ssd installing question asap

    when i install a ssd do i have to have my disk recovery? if i do where would i get one? btw my laptop is an asus republic gamer

  2. #2
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,583
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,721
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    What question are you asking exactly?

  3. #3
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    What question are you asking exactly?
    like when i look on youtube people install there ssd then they go to there like boot up cd then they like reinstalled there windows.

  4. #4
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,583
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,721
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinvo View Post
    like when i look on youtube people install there ssd then they go to there like boot up cd then they like reinstalled there windows.
    That's because an SSD boots into and OS and applications a ton faster than any mechanical drive, you don't have to install your Windows onto your SSD but it would be more ethical to do so.

  5. #5
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post


    That's because an SSD boots into and OS and applications a ton faster than any mechanical drive, you don't have to install your Windows onto your SSD but it would be more ethical to do so.
    oh so you dont have to? because if i did i lost mine.

  6. #6
    KillTheNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Depression
    Posts
    4,845
    Reputation
    822
    Thanks
    2,198
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinvo View Post
    oh so you dont have to? because if i did i lost mine.
    If you really needed one I've seen plenty of people sell the discs online

  7. #7
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,583
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,721
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinvo View Post
    oh so you dont have to? because if i did i lost mine.
    The existence of TPB negates what you just said.

  8. #8
    D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Amused
    It's not absolutely necessary but having windows on the SSD as opossed to the hard drive is more practical considering how much faster everythingm will be.

  9. #9
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    well would everything still boot up fast if i dont have windows on ssd?

  10. #10
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    If you really needed one I've seen plenty of people sell the discs online
    i seem cant to find one for asus republic gamers for windows 8? mind helping me?

  11. #11
    D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinvo View Post
    well would everything still boot up fast if i dont have windows on ssd?
    It would be ok, but it wouldn't be nearly as fast as it could be.
    Furthermore, look for any windows 8 64 bit torrent, they all work.

  12. #12
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    It would be ok, but it wouldn't be nearly as fast as it could be.
    Furthermore, look for any windows 8 64 bit torrent, they all work.
    lol sorry but how would i do that? i know how to like download the torrent part but for the torrent would i need a disk? and what do you mean by ok?

  13. #13
    D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinvo View Post
    lol sorry but how would i do that? i know how to like download the torrent part but for the torrent would i need a disk? and what do you mean by ok?
    Yes you would need a disc or some type of USB drive, furthermore I'm saying that it would be decent speed but not as powerful as it could be if you had the OS on the SSD.

  14. #14
    kevinvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ball Is Life
    Posts
    1,177
    Reputation
    34
    Thanks
    330
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Yes you would need a disc or some type of USB drive, furthermore I'm saying that it would be decent speed but not as powerful as it could be if you had the OS on the SSD.
    hmmm torrenting might be risky for me

Similar Threads

  1. Amazon question asap!
    By kevinvo in forum Marketplace Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 09:23 PM
  2. [Help Request] * Geometry Help. Two questions. ASAP help please.
    By MagixAries in forum Homework & Learning Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
  3. Hack Menü install/questions
    By coyer in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. Starcraft 2 Install questions
    By Torroc in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 08:51 AM
  5. [Question]Please reply asap..
    By Hahaz in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM