Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused

    Bought A Motherboard

    https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-H97M-E-In.../dp/B00KRFEEU0
    @Scotia

    Wasn't looking for anything fancy, just wanted something that would take THIS CPU.

    Question: Is that CPU worth the risk of a SE attempt?

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  2. #2
    Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wherever the road wishes to take me.
    Posts
    3,811
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    582
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Not a big motherboards guy, but it's okay I guess.

    The processor is one of the best on the market. I think Intel is going to release new ones soon, though, so you can wait for those or SE yourself that CPU.
    I'm not Ben Affleck.

  3. #3
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanate View Post
    Not a big motherboards guy, but it's okay I guess.

    The processor is one of the best on the market. I think Intel is going to release new ones soon, though, so you can wait for those or SE yourself that CPU.
    Just gonna get that CPU then. No need for anything better.

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  4. #4
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    If you're going to SE it anyway, why not go for something that'll last through a few more years?
    Go for the ASUS ROG MB's.

  5. #5
    `Rejected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Basement :D
    Posts
    3,826
    Reputation
    616
    Thanks
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Assistive View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-H97M-E-In.../dp/B00KRFEEU0
    @Scotia

    Wasn't looking for anything fancy, just wanted something that would take THIS CPU.

    Question: Is that CPU worth the risk of a SE attempt?
    Just use those amazon refund services and get it free.
    SOCIAL ENGINEERING SECTION! - FREE EBOOKS AND METHODS! CLICK ME

    THANK ME
    And be thankful that you thanked me
    Im so wise


     
    Send me a PM or at me on skype
    Skype - theretardedpig

  6. #6
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ångest View Post
    If you're going to SE it anyway, why not go for something that'll last through a few more years?
    Go for the ASUS ROG MB's.
    Don't care for an amazing motherboard, just want a decent one that will support the CPU.

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  7. #7
    Xenocide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,498
    Reputation
    2486
    Thanks
    9,962
    But I don't see the point of getting a low end board if you're going to SE it.

  8. #8
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ångest View Post
    But I don't see the point of getting a low end board if you're going to SE it.
    Gonna buy MB but SE CPU.
    Cause I don't feel like making another amazon account to SE. So I have been buying a bunch of crap legit and gonna SE expensive stuff.

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  9. #9
    ScotiaBhoysAlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    land of le maymays
    Posts
    201
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    42
    You're gonna want a Z97 board for gaming rather than a H97, doesn't make a huge difference but I'd recommend this if you can handle the price. ASUS are generally the prefered brand for gaming motherbaords but this GIGABYTE board should be perfectly fine as well.

  10. #10
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    You can't SE Asus. They require a CC and they put a hold for the whole amount of the motherboard. There warranty system is crap and same with intel. Unless your ship claiming it which you can't from the looks of the item, I rather get a better one if I was going to SE it.

    Go with Maximus Hero VII. Great mobo.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 11-06-2014 at 10:24 AM.

  11. #11
    Assistive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Posts
    6,338
    Reputation
    705
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post
    You can't SE Asus. They require a CC and they put a hold for the whole amount of the motherboard. There warranty system is crap and same with intel. Unless your ship claiming it which you can't from the looks of the item, I rather get a better one if I was going to SE it.

    Go with Maximus Hero VII. Great mobo.
    Not gonna SE the motherboard as builds don't really rely heavily on them. I'm going to attempt to ship claim the CPU on the same account that I ship claimed my GPU. The reason I'm using the same account is:

    1) My address has changed
    2) My CC # has changed
    3) I have made 7 expensive purchases on the account since I "bought" the GPU

    "Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016
     


  12. #12
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,885
    Reputation
    1734
    Thanks
    3,004
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Assistive View Post


    Not gonna SE the motherboard as builds don't really rely heavily on them. I'm going to attempt to ship claim the CPU on the same account that I ship claimed my GPU. The reason I'm using the same account is:

    1) My address has changed
    2) My CC # has changed
    3) I have made 7 expensive purchases on the account since I "bought" the GPU
    yeah looks like your good to go, but I don't agree with the first line, if you need help with ship claiming hmu..

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to [SMA] Paradise` For This Useful Post:

    Assistive (11-06-2014)

Similar Threads

  1. I BOUGHT THE WRONG VIP
    By n4m3l3ss in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 08:49 PM
  2. TO DAVE HERE IS PROF I BOUGHT VIP FROM YOU
    By da_g in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
  3. I bought the gamebut it wont open
    By ferrari in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:22 PM