Thread: Depression

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, it helps, really mean it.
    Seem to be myself again atm, will try working on this with baby steps and trying some of the stuff written here.
    Thanks once again.
    Think what caused it, and try to fix that. If nothing works seek professional help because this is a serious problem, some people may not think it is but it is

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    You just look at this picture of me and you'll be happy again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post

Made me depressed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Niku ・( ̄∀ ̄)・ (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Made me depressed
    When you saw the picture and looked in the mirror? Yeah I understand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

When you saw the picture and looked in the mirror? Yeah I understand.
    Probably because he got disappointed with his looks.

Thanks for all the suggestions, it helps, really mean it.
    Seem to be myself again atm, will try working on this with baby steps and trying some of the stuff written here.
    Thanks once again.
    Baby steps is crucial. You do not need to be too hard to yourself though. Record your progress. Eventually, when you read it, you will become proud of yourself. Depression is a bitch however, you can overcome it. Best of luck sire.

=========================Omega good job!========================

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Source Unknown For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ghost (12-10-2014)

Thanks

Came buckets.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I rarely ever feel depressed, but I have. I just thought of the good stuff (perhaps christmas) that is in the near future. I think of how these events had made me happy in the past and how it would make me feel after being depressed. Good luck man.

Thanks
    I have pretty bad depression myself and anxiety issues but I met a girl and she pretty much takes it away but also feeds it at times.. you should do the same, find someone or something to atleast talk to/do.. I feel like the cause of it is a big thing to how to fix it so not saying makes it a bit difficult. Is it fixable ? Did some specific happen to make it come on? A person? Girl? Is it affecting other than just depression. without knowing all I can say is KEEP YOURSELF OCCUPIED.

That is a big step because laying around you're going to think and when depressed thinking can be pretty bad your mind is really an asshole and will fuck you hardcore. Play games with cheerful friends. intense games that take your thought process away, not a boring game that let's you think.

Do a sport, or something outside just anything to be occupied.

Best of luck man. depression fucking sucks. feel better

ps: sorry for terrible formatting/grammar/paragraphing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguyy View Post
    I have pretty bad depression myself and anxiety issues but I met a girl and she pretty much takes it away but also feeds it at times.. you should do the same, find someone or something to atleast talk to/do.. I feel like the cause of it is a big thing to how to fix it so not saying makes it a bit difficult. Is it fixable ? Did some specific happen to make it come on? A person? Girl? Is it affecting other than just depression. without knowing all I can say is KEEP YOURSELF OCCUPIED.

That is a big step because laying around you're going to think and when depressed thinking can be pretty bad your mind is really an asshole and will fuck you hardcore. Play games with cheerful friends. intense games that take your thought process away, not a boring game that let's you think.

Do a sport, or something outside just anything to be occupied.

Best of luck man. depression fucking sucks. feel better

ps: sorry for terrible formatting/grammar/paragraphing
    3 specific events in my life that i can think of that cause this, since i started feeling like shit around the same time they happened, i don't want to go into detail, its a very personal thing.
    My mom, who's the only one that's aware of this atm aside from you guys, is going to help me find someone to talk with, so i go that going for me.
    I just feel empty atm, neither sad or happy, weird feeling.

My games;

x

Thanks

3 specific events in my life that i can think of that cause this, since i started feeling like shit around the same time they happened, i don't want to go into detail, its a very personal thing.
    My mom, who's the only one that's aware of this atm aside from you guys, is going to help me find someone to talk with, so i go that going for me.
    Change your avatar, it helps. I believe Satan feels nothing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Change your avatar, it helps. I believe Satan feels nothing.
    How's the trip coming along? How much longer you think it's gonna take?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I see. Those events will just drag you down and you don't want that to happen. If you think you can fix the problem, try it, you will not lose anything, however if you think it is helpless, you just have to drop it and move on.

Realistically speaking, it is hard to do, but you have to do what you to do. Believe yourself. It is hard, but it is possible. It seems impossible, until it is done. You have the power within yourself to overcome it. You will never know until you try.

It is a good thing that your mother is aware of it.

Yeah, there are times that you would feel empty and if you do, you have to keep yourself busy. So busy that you will forget that you are empty. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to talk to me.
    Last edited by Source Unknown; 12-11-2014 at 05:18 AM.

=========================Omega good job!========================

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't know if this can help you, but I don't get really get depressed.

You might think "WTF are you smoking, everyone does." I might get depressed for a day or two, very rarely like once a year, but I think the secret is to 1) find something you love doing 2) wrap your life around it.

For me it's BattleTale. Sounds corny, but, there's certain things I've always wanted to do ever since I was a kid, and BattleTale is one. It eats up my free time, there are plenty of things I often feel like doing but I push them away, so I'm often very busy working. I guess idling can lead to depression, free time may lead to introspection and consequently you might not be happy where your life is heading (or what you expected) and get depressed, or you haven't found something you enjoy.

So, I know it's cliche but, find a hobby or something you love doing, and do it. Maybe it's hard to explain, but you get satisfaction from it, and as long as you keep earning satisfaction you keep from bottoming out, kind of like The Sims happiness meters. Maybe, it's just misdirecting your sadness, but life still goes on. In the grand scheme of things, every major event might blind your tunnelvision, but sooner rather than later, the mind moves on luckily for the human race.

That's just my 2c, take it for what it's worth.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I had the same feeling a while ago. What I did was to find a girl that I found nice and talked to her, keep talking to her and you won't find yourself depressed while doing so.
    Last edited by Shadeyz346; 12-11-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well today i failed.
    For the first time in 8 years that i've had this on and off depression i finally snapped.
    Today first time in 8 years that i've cried and i dont even know why.
    I've finally told someone in my family about this, my mother, since i know how this road can end and in the past i've been pretty damn close.
    I keep on just randomly falling apart, bursting into tears and its pissing me off, i've been able to hold it back for this long and always thought i was strong enough to keep it as just a personal issue.
    Don't know where to go, who to tell or what to do.
    Everyone that knows me(IRL) knows me as the guy thats always smiling and joking since that's how i coped with it.
    Fml, it would be nice to just end it all, but i won't.

If my posts make little to no sense or kind of go all over the place ect its because i have a million thoughts going on in my head atm.
    I know that feel bro.
    I'm not quite as old or experienced I'd imagine, But I'm 16. Tried to kill myself 3 times and was in a hospital for 6 months because of an attempted hanging.
    Just try to see the greater good in life, Find something you love.
    For me it came in the form of Baseball, I started working out and made the varsity team as a sophomore. My life has been thrown for a loop, Now I have some smaller college scouts who have been interested in my talents for a full scholarship. And about the whole "girls thing" just kinda be nice to em' and don't try hard. Just kinda play it cool and live life chill. Just try anything to be happy and (not to say you're a religious person) but for me following my faith and letting my beliefs carry me took a load off my shoulders

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast