Thread: Healthcare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Aqua Structure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    358
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Look at the NHS here.
    Sure, it's had it's quarks and cracks, but I dare you to name me one business that hasn't.
    In short, the NHS is the single greatest achievement in British history.

  2. #17
    Imperial Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Death Star.
    Posts
    2,583
    Reputation
    67
    Thanks
    160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    #1 I'm 15.5...#2 politics always make promises they can't keep. Example-Bringing the troops out of Iraq. Hasn't done a think about them.

  3. #18
    Aqua Structure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    358
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceReconCommando View Post
    #1 I'm 15.5...#2 politics always make promises they can't keep. Example-Bringing the troops out of Iraq. Hasn't done a think about them.
    Politics make promises?
    You mean politicians?

    Seriously, only educated people should have opinions.

  4. #19
    origami7795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illegal Alien's Next Door Neighbor
    Posts
    202
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Busy
    i dont think healthcare should be considered for america, many americans that will use this public option of healthcare would probally be the white trash that go to the doctors when they only have the common cold 0.o
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MVchQI1cKwM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

  5. #20
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Structure View Post
    Politics make promises?
    You mean politicians?

    Seriously, only educated people should have opinions.
    16 and up, first sentence of this topic.(its hard to make it more obvious).

    Yeah, but you live in England, right? I'm talking about American government here lulz. I get your point, but based on our current government services...


  6. #21
    asdf12341234asdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    415
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Sad
    I'm 15 and you acknowledged my opinion as far as I am concerned...

  7. #22
    Imperial Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Death Star.
    Posts
    2,583
    Reputation
    67
    Thanks
    160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Structure View Post
    Politics make promises?
    You mean politicians?

    Seriously, only educated people should have opinions.
    does it really matter? and i'm educated enough to write.

  8. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf12341234asdf View Post
    I'm 15 and you acknowledged my opinion as far as I am concerned...
    -.- i aknowledged that you had input on the subject but w/e.

    but honestly, i say 16 and up cus at 15 if your American, you are about 99% likely to know nothing about government.


  9. #24
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    666
    Posts
    12,422
    Reputation
    286
    Thanks
    1,156
    No I don't trust the government with my healthcare. They care about getting money. That's all.

  10. #25
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    My point here is: When have you ever known the government to actually give a shit about you when providing a service?

    I just thought its a good point. The government isn't capable of providing the satisfaction or quality a business can.

    /discuss
    so your not asking for opinions, just facts. now given that your teacher brought this up, did you bother to do research, or base this off the top of you head?
    secondly, i do agree with king on the fact that this is in the wrong forum, it's rightful place is in the politics section. Given this, even if it is in the politics forum(hopefully moved eventually) or not, if you make yourself look like a fool, who's really going to care? it's the internet, not highschool.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf12341234asdf View Post
    The government doesn't care about you or your health. There will come a point where you cannot get a transplant and/or prosthetic limbs. They will just give you pain killers and tell you to move along. If you tell any congressman to recieve the medical care we have for one day, they most likely wouldn't. They are going to give the priority to the officials.

    In order of priority
    1.Political Figures
    2.Government Officials<---they already do
    3.Youth (sort of)
    4. Elders and whomever voted for Obama <----WTF

    When the people that voted for Obama find out that all they can recieve from the doctor is some Tylenol, then the will be like *scoff* "I voted for that black bastard and he can't give me decent HC." The government is not only going to screw up the nation, it is also going to screw up it's people.

    /End
    your whole statement is opinionated, the main post, given what was given earlier seems like it demands fact, not fiction. where is your source for your information, and dont tell me your parents. If you name your parents as your source of info, then you are completely inept and using a search engine, or reading a book.
    seriously, I found it amusing to see threads where it starts with a political idea driven debate, where it eventually turns into a monkey-feces flinging contest. It is to the point where it is just sad, I wish to know your reasons as to why you don't like Obama, or his plan for healthcare? If you do like him and his plan, wether or not, state your arguement, provide your source of information, or just shut the fuck up, its that simple.

  11. #26
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I more want a discussion.

    I(myself) do not care about your opinions. But i feel this needs to be discussed. You can give opinions, but i'm not gonna approve or disapprove.(try to)

    Here is my argument since you probably want it.
    1. Medical plans as is, serves the majority of the population well.
    2. The government can't handle this, they can barely handle the post office.

    Sources: Do i need any? Obvious stuff.


  12. #27
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I more want a discussion.

    I(myself) do not care about your opinions. But i feel this needs to be discussed. You can give opinions, but i'm not gonna approve or disapprove.(try to)

    Here is my argument since you probably want it.
    1. Medical plans as is, serves the majority of the population well.
    2. The government can't handle this, they can barely handle the post office.

    Sources: Do i need any? Obvious stuff.
    that's a piss poor excuse. you want a discussion, despite you don't really want facts, you just want some dipshit to spew random filth out thier mouth and claim that it is the golden truth. Even if it may "seem" obvious, for those who dont know, enlighten tham. "SHOW" them, so that they may absorb the information that you provide. otherwise your discussion can possible not be taken seriously.
    Last edited by DeathScourge; 10-26-2009 at 08:48 PM.

  13. #28
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry

    Lightbulb Here is goes...hope you likesss

    1. I work in pharmacy, I've seen it to many times when patients/customers find out that there insurance dosen't cover something...how are you exaxtly supposed to predict what will happen in your life time...You don't know what to pay for and what not to pay for.

    2. National Healthcare is the way to go. Insurance is basically alot of people pitching in money, and if one of the payers /or buyers get in an accident or come down with a disease. The rest of the buyers in that insurance basically cover your back...This insurance idea works because 99% of the buyers take care of them selves to a point where there not jumping of a building...you would be surprised in how much people buy insurance and never get to a point where they've taken more money than what they spent.

    3. Now lets call all the Bull shit and lets basically have all the seperate insurance companies...and lump them all into 1 lump sum(National Healthcare).
    Now the only difference is this healthcare will reward you with a lil less taxes if you take care of yourself (sort of like all state and there car insurance). And you have to pay a lil more if you don't eat healthy and wat not. It will work out because you must rember...most people take les than what they put into the insurance. And will have less disease and what not because you'll start taking care of yourself more due to the fact that your sort of getting paid to do so.

    4. The reason why i rather not talk about politics...is simply politics is a topic of division...And i like u guys...I talk about this crap at school...and I dont like school...sorry for bad grammar..I only did dry through...Of to play combat arms now.

  14. #29
    whtlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Smokin trees
    Posts
    3,116
    Reputation
    -25
    Thanks
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Alright, first and foremost if you are under 16 don't post, you don't know shit.

    Aight, Since i'm going over healthcare in my goverment class today. My teacher brought up a pretty good point.

    Would you trust the government to run healthcare?

    Alright, you all know i dislike Obama*(president).

    But what he(professor) said wasn't biased so i thought i'd post it.

    What government services do you use?
    1. DMV: they don't give a shit about you.(scruffy pointed out that its state run. my badz)
    2. Post office: bad service, and usually everyone uses UPS because of huge time difference/service
    Honestly i forgot the third one but w/e. you get it.(think it was police office or somethinz)

    He also pointed out that medicare has abusers that took 60bil last year. O.o since its pretty much fill out a form, and get a check.

    My point here is: When have you ever known the government to actually give a shit about you when providing a service?

    I just thought its a good point. The government isn't capable of providing the satisfaction or quality a business can.

    /discuss
    I don't believe that the Government should run the health care. It is a socialist move. Obama has watered down his healthcare already so I dun believe that there will be soon.
    50 grand every week, fuckin' rat budget.
    I win, always.

  15. #30
    Remorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Follow the yellow brick road
    Posts
    2,286
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    184
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstund101 View Post
    1. I work in pharmacy, I've seen it to many times when patients/customers find out that there insurance dosen't cover something...how are you exaxtly supposed to predict what will happen in your life time...You don't know what to pay for and what not to pay for.

    Times are hard buddeh. Truth of life, some people WILL be poor. We cannot cry and wring our hands over them all.

    2. National Healthcare is the way to go. Insurance is basically alot of people pitching in money, and if one of the payers /or buyers get in an accident or come down with a disease. The rest of the buyers in that insurance basically cover your back...This insurance idea works because 99% of the buyers take care of them selves to a point where there not jumping of a building...you would be surprised in how much people buy insurance and never get to a point where they've taken more money than what they spent.

    Communism is bad enough with Obama screwing with the free market system.

    Hell no. I am NOT paying for the million+ false malpractice lawsuits that are filed every day by boneheads looking for cash. This is one of the root causes of the health care problem, and you can pay for all their legal fees and their settlements if you like. Also, this practice has lead to too many tests and expensive things done by doctors to increase their paychecks and decrease THEIR malpractice insurance. Times are hard, and capitalism will always win. Self-interest is king.

    Are you that naive?

    3. Now lets call all the Bull shit and lets basically have all the seperate insurance companies...and lump them all into 1 lump sum(National Healthcare).
    Now the only difference is this healthcare will reward you with a lil less taxes if you take care of yourself (sort of like all state and there car insurance). And you have to pay a lil more if you don't eat healthy and wat not. It will work out because you must rember...most people take les than what they put into the insurance. And will have less disease and what not because you'll start taking care of yourself more due to the fact that your sort of getting paid to do so.

    This will go down perfectly.

    This carrot-and-no-stick thing for fatties has worked really well in the past.

    4. The reason why i rather not talk about politics...is simply politics is a topic of division...And i like u guys...I talk about this crap at school...and I dont like school...sorry for bad grammar..I only did dry through...Of to play combat arms now.
    color coded.
    Just my views. I can debate though, so go ahead.
    Time to start cycling through old sigs.
    __________________________________________________

    Well that is that and this is this,
    You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get,
    You get away from me.
    You get away from me
    .
    Modest Mouse
    Ocean Breathes Salty
    Float On
    __________________________________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Healthcare!
    By dontsassme in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
  2. Serious discussion on HealthCare
    By arunforce in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
  3. Universal Healthcare
    By arunforce in forum United States of America
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 05:07 AM

Tags for this Thread