Thread: Healthcare

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Honestly insurance companies have one problem, in their formulas to decide whether or not they will cover a person, they never take into account the most important thing of all, the will to live. You see, their is a difference between those who are predicted to live and those who will.
    -Jigsaw(there's my quote death, happy? Quote is my interpretation since i don't own it)

    Anyway besides the lulz,

    King and Death, your missing my point.

    Death, i don't need some sort of proof. These are ideas. You want facts? go to the DMV, go to the post office. Its one of those things that you can't "prove" because its general knowledge to most. I'm not proving God exist here, i'm making a discussion on the question of "Do you think the government is capable of providing a better service?".

    King, i didn't mean to ask "can it work?" i meant to ask "will it provide a better service?"
    -btw #2 and 3....yeah. remorse took care of it.

    Now, obama's policies are to interpretation. But saying that its not right because its "communist" isn't really helpful either way in this discussion.


    Edit: My question still remains for healthcare supporters.

    Do you think that Healthcare will give you a better service than right now?
    (note: government run healthcare)


  2. #32
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,560
    Reputation
    344
    Thanks
    1,195
    There is a difference between communism and socialism, Empire.

    Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

  3. #33
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I know. I didn't say otherwise nor state so(ithinkz)


  4. #34
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,560
    Reputation
    344
    Thanks
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Now, obama's policies are to interpretation. But saying that its not right because its "communist" isn't really helpful either way in this discussion.

    There's a difference between communism and socialism.

    Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

  5. #35
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Still didn't state so otherwise, was talking to the spammers lulz.


  6. #36
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,560
    Reputation
    344
    Thanks
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Still didn't state so otherwise, was talking to the spammers lulz.
    kk. I was just pointing something out.

    Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

  7. #37
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Honestly insurance companies have one problem, in their formulas to decide whether or not they will cover a person, they never take into account the most important thing of all, the will to live. You see, their is a difference between those who are predicted to live and those who will.
    -Jigsaw(there's my quote death, happy? Quote is my interpretation since i don't own it)
    so you are pulling a quote from a movie.........
    not from a political figure, but a fictional one. Not from anything that has done anything with thier life for the bettermant of the people or any sort or political work of the sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Death, i don't need some sort of proof. These are ideas. You want facts? go to the DMV "Do you think the government is capable of providing a better service?".
    (note: government run healthcare)
    it's funny how you are trying to use the dmv as an example.
    thier main purpose is to make sure you know the rules of the road, driving is a priveledge not a right. furthermore, i been to the dmv several times, taking each of my siblings up there to recieve thier drivers license. they take thier test, get thier driving permit, drive for 6 months then go get thier official drivers test. If successful, they then go to the dmv again to turn in thier permit turn in the results from thier driving test and then they recieve thier license. everything that goes along te lines of going towards your drivers lincense is very stringent. i think its funny how people(like yourself empire) believe that the dmv is supposed to provide better service, when they are doing a very capable job at making sure you know your right from your wrongs on the roadway.
    but i must say that i did show grief at some point with the dmv, but it wasnt so much service at the time, it was before the whole 9/11 terrorism disaster had came, they had the tendancy to give out a license to whoever without fully going over the paperwork, but i wasnt old enough at the time to really care about it until now. things have changed and higher security protocols are placed in action to be painfully nerve wracking towards recieving your drivers license.
    now given your post office arguement also.
    i use both ups and the us postal services for my packages, again this is where i find your arguement opinionated. there is a us postal service 20 minutes away from my house, same distance for the ups also, the only thing i can really argue is just the slight pricing difference they have between certain packages. and the service i recieve from both are phenominal.

    now maybe given where you live, you have a disgruntled bastard(s) that magically hates you for some reason, thus fucking your day to the point of hating it to no return. it depends on location, how the people are of that area,customs,etc. this would make a whole lot more sense if you did have proof which you claim you dont need. like i said before, some people might not take a discussion/arguement seriously depending if there are no sources to back up your statement/info you conveyed to discussions/arguement.

    oh yeah and one more thing. ideas can be opinionated as well.....
    Last edited by DeathScourge; 10-27-2009 at 01:35 AM.

  8. #38
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    *cough* you give no proof *cough*

    - I just put that quote to mess with you. And btw movie or not, its true. So you can debate how i don't have a "legit" source while you yourself don't, or you can accept the fact that this isn't a research paper, and your not one to judge.


    You honestly must live in some sort of loving, care-free enviroment.

    I've never known anyone at the dmv, the post office, or any other place thats run by the government to ever give anyone a look like "hi, how can i help you?". More likely, they just to "next" with a sigh and eyes that look of boredom.

    Again, you guys just throw the dart to the wall. I'm not saying the dmv gives out licenses to guys who are mentally retarded.


    And one more thing, no fucking shit ideas are opinionated.

    -edit: night.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-27-2009 at 02:00 AM.


  9. #39
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    *cough* you give no proof *cough*

    - I just put that quote to mess with you. And btw movie or not, its true. So you can debate how i don't have a "legit" source while you yourself don't, or you can accept the fact that this isn't a research paper, and your not one to judge.


    You honestly must live in some sort of loving, care-free enviroment.

    I've never known anyone at the dmv, the post office, or any other place thats run by the government to ever give anyone a look like "hi, how can i help you?". More likely, they just to "next" with a sigh and eyes that look of boredom.

    Again, you guys just throw the dart to the wall. I'm not saying the dmv gives out licenses to guys who are mentally retarded.


    And one more thing, no fucking shit ideas are opinionated.
    i wasnt giving you proof, i just gave you my example on how i see things, which is also opinionated. now if you want proof, i can dig through several websites and look for certain books if you want that research paper format......
    And how is what a demented puppet from a suspense horror movie right, that is also opinionated. your logic is unsound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    And one more thing, no fucking shit ideas are opinionated.
    thats about the only thing i can agrre with you on.....sad thing to state the obvious, it doesnt take a genious to point out common sense. but it seems that you believe everything is common sense when its not....
    Last edited by DeathScourge; 10-27-2009 at 02:03 AM.

  10. #40
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its not a puppet lulz. You should watch saw1.

    Let me ask you this, on that quote, do you really not understand it?
    (its talking about the most basic human instinct)

    I don't want proof. Honestly i just thought that you should shut up about proof if you provide none. It makes you a hypocrite.

    About the "ideas", you stated it. I just repeated it saying "no fucking shit" because it was a statement that was true, but not relevant to the flow of the topic.

    It would be like me saying right now. "Their is a difference between ideas and facts"


  11. #41
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring

    Post

    you have some odd logic.
    I dont provide proof, because you dont provide your own. directing this situation to me, wow, i'm truly amused.
    yes i saw the movie, sure it is based on natural instinct, but this is not the case. If you are going to hold a discussion, someone is obviously going to go against what you say. whether if they know the facts or not, if you have information to back your words, present them. that way, they shut up, or they acknowledge what you say and proceed on to the discussion. so far, i seen just random opinions spew forth.
    and like i said earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathScourge View Post
    seriously, I found it amusing to see threads where it starts with a political idea driven debate, where it eventually turns into a monkey-feces flinging contest. It is to the point where it is just sad, I wish to know your reasons as to why you don't like Obama, or his plan for healthcare? If you do like him and his plan, wether or not, state your arguement, provide your source of information, or just shut the fuck up, its that simple.
    asdf12341234asdf is a fine example of what i just quoted above. besides the fact he blatantly ignored the age limitation, it's obvious he has no clue what he is talking about. But if he presented an article that said exactly what he presented, i would actually shut the fuck up. i seriously wonder if he gets his information from the Glenn Beck show.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    My point here is: When have you ever known the government to actually give a shit about you when providing a service?

    I just thought its a good point. The government isn't capable of providing the satisfaction or quality a business can.

    /discuss
    discussion–noun- an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.
    Debate or debating-is a formal method of interactive and representational argument. Debate is a broader form of argument than logical argument, which only examine the consistency from axiom, and factual argument, which only examine what is or isn't the case or rhetoric which is technique of persuasion. Though logical consistency, factual accuracy as well as some emotional appeal to audience are important elements of the art of persuasion, in debating, one side often prevails over the other side by presenting superior "context" and/or framework of the issue, which is far more subtle and strategic.
    honestly If it was just another regular chat that Dorado or God would put up, i would just talk and leave, but if it is politics-driven or anything serious for that matter, then you prepare for a long discussion. this discussion should last for quite some time(depending on the amount of people concerned pertaining to the issue at hand). but i do not see anything forthcomming except for a guy that eludes me when i demand what he is trying to convey.
    why should the guy thats asking you for proof get shunned for not providing proof first. that is some whimsical retarded nonsense.

  12. #42
    Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Heinsberg,Germany,Up AssHole Drive?
    Posts
    3,601
    Reputation
    127
    Thanks
    735
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Wrong section but cool topic

    BTW i dont trust the Government that much

  13. #43
    DeathScourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in the gutter
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    Wrong section but cool topic

    BTW i dont trust the Government that much
    trust me roxas, i know its in the wrong section, i didn't post it though...
    anyways.....

    could you please give a reason as to why you don't trust the government???

  14. #44
    R3V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Well
    Posts
    3,924
    Reputation
    36
    Thanks
    328
    I dont trust the Government.

    They wont say nuttin bout Area 51

    But ive been there (sense my sarcasm?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Free Healthcare!
    By dontsassme in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
  2. Serious discussion on HealthCare
    By arunforce in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
  3. Universal Healthcare
    By arunforce in forum United States of America
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 05:07 AM

Tags for this Thread