Thread: Build a PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Jazk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,000
    Reputation
    280
    Thanks
    371
    My Mood
    Dead

    Build a PC.

    Hey guys! I got like $1k to build a PC. I want a pretty standard PC (like for gaming and some work). I know with 1k you won't do much, but its better than nothing.
    Any suggestions? Could you help me?
    Improve and contribute to the LoL section, anything you do could save it.


    __________________________________________________ ____________





  2. #2
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed, watching you sleep.
    Posts
    24,674
    Reputation
    3481
    Thanks
    3,602



    My games;

    x

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost For This Useful Post:

    Jazk (02-01-2015),[MPGH]Psychotic (02-02-2015)

  4. #3
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,229
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    650
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    https://pc part picker.com/p/LhxLYJ

    Don't know if you want/need an operating system.
    Last edited by Democritus; 02-01-2015 at 07:08 PM.

  5. #4
    Apple`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,362
    Reputation
    341
    Thanks
    640
    My Mood
    Amazed
    You could easily build a Gaming PC for around $500 - Pre-Built PC's aren't worth the money from a cheap dealer

  6. #5
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    520
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    https://pc part picker.com/p/snKF3C

    Don't know if you want/need an operating system.
    He doesn't need a SSD or an optical drive.
    Nor does he need 16GB of RAM. I have 8 and my computer does fine.

    Look at this build, it gets you more bang for your buck. I didn't include an OS b/c I wasn't sure if you needed it or not.

    https://pc partpicker.com/p/JfcpRB


  7. #6
    Yellow 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,431
    Reputation
    96
    Thanks
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    https://pc part picker.com/p/snKF3C

    Don't know if you want/need an operating system.
    microcenter > online
    Rig | 5820K - GTX1080 AMP
    P870KM1 | 7700K - GTX1080N SLi

  8. #7
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,229
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    650
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    He doesn't need a SSD or an optical drive.
    Nor does he need 16GB of RAM. I have 8 and my computer does fine.

    Look at this build, it gets you more bang for your buck. I didn't include an OS b/c I wasn't sure if you needed it or not.

    https://pc partpicker.com/p/JfcpRB
    #1 Optical drive makes downloading drivers 100000x easier.
    #2 SSD is a LOT better for gaming. He wanted a gaming PC.
    #3 16 GB of RAM will help him play games and look up gameplays, tutorials etc.. You can even host servers and shit on 16GB.

  9. #8
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    520
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post


    #1 Optical drive makes downloading drivers 100000x easier.
    #2 SSD is a LOT better for gaming. He wanted a gaming PC.
    #3 16 GB of RAM will help him play games and look up gameplays, tutorials etc.. You can even host servers and shit on 16GB.
    Yes, everything you said is correct but if you didn't have the money for an optical drive I would not worry.

    With the SSD you may load faster into games but you give up space for other games. IMO I would rather have space than not have to wait a few extra seconds.

    Of course 16GB has it's benefits its not worth the money unless you are a content creator and you need the power to render videos. Go with 8GB you can use the money you save on something else that will benefit you more.


  10. #9
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,229
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    650
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    Yes, everything you said is correct but if you didn't have the money for an optical drive I would not worry.

    With the SSD you may load faster into games but you give up space for other games. IMO I would rather have space than not have to wait a few extra seconds.

    Of course 16GB has it's benefits its not worth the money unless you are a content creator and you need the power to render videos. Go with 8GB you can use the money you save on something else that will benefit you more.
    I updated it to a more suitable build for the amount of money and saved him $100 extra of useless stuff.

  11. #10
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    520
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post


    I updated it to a more suitable build for the amount of money and saved him $100 extra of useless stuff.
    That's good but I would still drop the SSD and take an i7.


  12. #11
    Bödvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Blank
    Posts
    2,619
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    That's good but I would still drop the SSD and take an i7.
    Or you go for the way cheaper AMD octa cores which are almost just as good.
    Rep power: 15

    Quote Originally Posted by _Tavi View Post
    Skrillex and Justin bieber are great artists
    Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
    i love donald trump.
     



  13. #12
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,162
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboy107 View Post
    Or you go for the way cheaper AMD octa cores which are almost just as good.
    not really.
    Vouch thread





     

    Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

    A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jew For This Useful Post:

    Coldfrye (02-02-2015)

  15. #13
    Bödvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Blank
    Posts
    2,619
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0rPl4net View Post

    not really.
    They are...
    Rep power: 15

    Quote Originally Posted by _Tavi View Post
    Skrillex and Justin bieber are great artists
    Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
    i love donald trump.
     



  16. #14
    Coldfrye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space Needle
    Posts
    520
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboy107 View Post


    Or you go for the way cheaper AMD octa cores which are almost just as good.
    Why would a person switch to a product that is "almost just as good"? He can buy an i7 and then save up for an SSD later. Plus why not go for the best your money can get you?


  17. #15
    Bödvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Blank
    Posts
    2,619
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrye View Post
    Why would a person switch to a product that is "almost just as good"? He can buy an i7 and then save up for an SSD later. Plus why not go for the best your money can get you?
    Because the i7 is almost 200$ more expensive. That way he will be able to buy the SSD faster and he will save 200$.
    Rep power: 15

    Quote Originally Posted by _Tavi View Post
    Skrillex and Justin bieber are great artists
    Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
    i love donald trump.
     



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. building a proxy for tibia
    By *DEAD* in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:03 AM
  2. K2's Building
    By arunforce in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
  3. New Build.
    By Dave84311 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
  4. CuteFTP Pro 8.0.3 Build 10.12.2006.2
    By mostwanted in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
  5. Guild Wars Builds
    By Chronologix in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 04:03 PM