Thanks

Cool (Help and skills needed) Unpack game ressource file for a pinball machine

Hi everyone,

I've come to your place with quite an unusual request; I'm the happy owner of an old-school pinball machine from 1989 and it's really awesome but unfortunately the paintjob didn't age very well and on some spots of the playfield the paint is starting to crack and peel off. My plan is to get rid of the old paint and print on 1:1 size sticker decals the original image of the playfield. As you might imagine, finding scans and photos of good quality on the internet is almost impossible for machines this old.

But there's hope, there's a game named "Pinball Arcade" where the devs created exact reproductions of those machines. So I tried to access the textures used for the 3D model of the pinball machine but it seems like they are all stored in a .rez file. I've already tried numerous rez extracting/unpacking tools without any success and since I've seen that some of you guys like to play around with those ressource files, I wondered if one of you knew how to browse those or if somebody had the knowledge required to reverse the packing process and access the ressources.

I would be very thankful to anyone willing to help and I would gladly send a box of some fine swiss chocolate to whoever answers my request !
    Anyway, thanks for reading my post. (Since I'm having trouble attaching the .Rez file that I believe contains the textures, sounds and all the stuff that concern the machine and that I can't post urls, send me a PM if you are interested and I'll forward the link to download it from google drive. Also mention an email I can reply to since new users can't use PMs before having made 10 posts...)

r3troDuke
    Last edited by r3troDuke; 02-24-2015 at 05:13 PM.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    1989 game and 3d or 2d game resources??? Troll or crazy irl?

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    1989 pinball machine, recent virtual reproductions on a videogame called "Pinball Arcade" that uses a .rez file to store every ressource it needs.