Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,415

    How many of you use ADVANCED MATH EQUATIONS when programming in c++?

    LALALALALALALALA

    Let's say Advanced Math in general. Imo advanced math is physics,calculates, advanced algebra,etc.
    Last edited by Eternity; 03-10-2015 at 09:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    603
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    164
    My Mood
    Twisted
    damn @xaviar u high af

  3. #3
    Nyssaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    154
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Devilish
    i wouldnt consider physics or algebra "advanced"

  4. #4
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssaa View Post
    i wouldnt consider physics or algebra "advanced"
    "IMO" read fooo readd

  5. #5
    liquidsystem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    507
    Reputation
    135
    Thanks
    680
    My Mood
    Happy
    I use it often... I even made a program for calculating mass on a separate planet... Working on some other stuff too :P
    If you wish to thank me, don't forget to click the button!

    Currently Playing: Osu, OldSchool Runescape (pm for username)


    Bitcoin Address: 1HUdLVM7DnT9gC1i5kNKzcKWekSbFoKNp2


    Steam
    Main Account
    Sales Account

    Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions relating Java, Python, or Physics, or general schoolwork


  6. #6
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidsystem View Post
    I use it often... I even made a program for calculating mass on a separate planet... Working on some other stuff too :P
    Lol, no i mean when programming any program in c++ how much math do you use??

  7. #7
    Kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    your waifu's house.
    Posts
    1,311
    Reputation
    541
    Thanks
    188
    Honestly all depends what the project is.

    I've had projects at work where i was so deep into physics equations i had to take breaks because i honestly couldn't think straight. Scientific coding is a bitch. Working on some Bio shit with peptides right now though so its all databases.

    Either way i would not suggest going into programming if it's your interest since most languages complicate the advanced math.

    Your question is generic as fuck but it doesn't matter what language you use. It all matters what you're purpose for programming is.

  8. #8
    liquidsystem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    507
    Reputation
    135
    Thanks
    680
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

    Lol, no i mean when programming any program in c++ how much math do you use??
    90% of my programs include math...
    But I mostly work in Java anyways... It's all about the use of your program.
    If you wish to thank me, don't forget to click the button!

    Currently Playing: Osu, OldSchool Runescape (pm for username)


    Bitcoin Address: 1HUdLVM7DnT9gC1i5kNKzcKWekSbFoKNp2


    Steam
    Main Account
    Sales Account

    Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions relating Java, Python, or Physics, or general schoolwork


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to liquidsystem For This Useful Post:

    Zuhrain (03-11-2015)

  10. #9
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Only time you really get to into "advanced math" in regular programming is with games or engineering.

    Rest is mostly basic algebra.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  11. #10
    ZeroInsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    root@Insanity
    Posts
    362
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    138
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I wrote a small element density calculating script in python which was funish.

  12. #11
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,004
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,005
    My Mood
    Lurking
    everything i do involves ADVANCED MATH EQUATIONS when programming in c++


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo




    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  13. #12
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,415
    Well I want to go for Computer Programming in Java,Python,and C++ in college, So i want to know. Algebra doesn't bother meh, but Physics is what I am doing right know, and let me tell you my grade FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF+++++++++++++++ ++++++++====

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh I forgot, I show up to class like 55 ish percent of the time.

    So that might be why, but yeah since high shool is over in like 3 months and going to college for programming i need to know this shit

  14. #13
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,883
    Reputation
    2317
    Thanks
    7,747
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    Honestly all depends what the project is.

    I've had projects at work where i was so deep into physics equations i had to take breaks because i honestly couldn't think straight. Scientific coding is a bitch. Working on some Bio shit with peptides right now though so its all databases.

    Either way i would not suggest going into programming if it's your interest since most languages complicate the advanced math.

    Your question is generic as fuck but it doesn't matter what language you use. It all matters what you're purpose for programming is.
    You've never coded in your life m8.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


  15. #14
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Well I want to go for Computer Programming in Java,Python,and C++ in college, So i want to know. Algebra doesn't bother meh, but Physics is what I am doing right know, and let me tell you my grade FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF+++++++++++++++ ++++++++====

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh I forgot, I show up to class like 55 ish percent of the time.

    So that might be why, but yeah since high shool is over in like 3 months and going to college for programming i need to know this shit
    Yeah, well if you're sped enough to struggle with algebra, I'd reconsider. Also your field of expertise is limited by what you're not able to do in programming, but overall, you're never going to be using "calculates" to program unless you're very specialized.


    "calculates"

    Yeah, clearly struggling because you skip classes, not anything else.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  16. #15
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    Yeah, well if you're sped enough to struggle with algebra, I'd reconsider. Also your field of expertise is limited by what you're not able to do in programming, but overall, you're never going to be using "calculates" to program unless you're very specialized.


    "calculates"

    Yeah, clearly struggling because you skip classes, not anything else.
    I'll be honest, math comes hard to me, I mean I am not horrible, but it's still hard and my worst subject.
    Still Programming is one thing I want to do in college, can't think off anything else
    Any suggestion, to work around this problem?

    And be serious arun, no bullshitting.


    - - - Updated - - -

    I messed up when spelling calculus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How many of you use Linux?
    By Ryan in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. How many of you use Windows XP still?
    By iAngeIiK in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
  3. How many of you are still using the forbidden aimbot? (RK)
    By Danfar in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 07:19 PM
  4. How many of you just use general section
    By Diisasta in forum General
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
  5. how many of you have warez
    By optiforce in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 10:56 PM