Thread: Windows 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Interesting..Maybe i'll go for it..I don't want to stay on Windows 7 all my life..

20 Posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) DONE
    30 Posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) DONE
    50 Posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) DONE
    100 posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) DONE
    200 Posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) Undone
    300 Posts ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ ) Undone

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by COD3RIN View Post
    We know this already its out in april next month
    I highly doubt that.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I will not switch to the new version, new version means a lot of shit that is still on beta but they will still bring it on market like windows 8 and than the same story . So NOPE W7 is working very well
    I can help you with anything related with Arma 3.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ya.. Fuck Windows10. I've been using Windows7 Ultimate and I ain't got a single complaint about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Will think about this later when it comes out.0 After hearing some opinions you know
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    windows 7 best windows im staying

Thanks
    I ran Windows 10 on a separate computer and I must say it's a great OS. Even while it's still in beta, it's very usable and very fluid. Currently, I have 5 computers, all running different versions of Windows (ranging from XP to 10 and everything in between, except for Vista). My favorite so far is Windows 10. Love the new animations and it boots a bit quicker than Windows 8.1 (which in my opinion, after modding it a bit is a lot better than 7).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    They should probably fix compatibility issues on their current platforms first.. ohwell

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post
    I ran Windows 10 on a separate computer and I must say it's a great OS. Even while it's still in beta, it's very usable and very fluid. Currently, I have 5 computers, all running different versions of Windows (ranging from XP to 10 and everything in between, except for Vista). My favorite so far is Windows 10. Love the new animations and it boots a bit quicker than Windows 8.1 (which in my opinion, after modding it a bit is a lot better than 7).
    You have a valuable and informative opinion on Windows 10, thank you for sharing. If you can give anymore info of why Windows 10 is better than Windows 7, I would love to read it. I am slowly considering the switch.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by voliG4mer View Post
    I will not switch to the new version, new version means a lot of shit that is still on beta but they will still bring it on market like windows 8 and than the same story . So NOPE W7 is working very well
    But don't you think like people who are still running Windows XP can't run many of the programs or hacks or such just because of Windows 7 and Windows 8 out. So soon, same will be for Windows 7? Coders will make them only for Windows 8/10 as most of people would be running that.
    "A successful man is who can lay a firm foundation with bricks that others throw at him." - David Brinkley

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Gonna wait a few days but thanks OP

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGon View Post
    That looks so bad. I'm sticking with windows 8/7.
    Assuming it stays how it is at the moment, it should be vastly better. I mean, tiles are completely optional; and not only that but Directx12 will be windows 10 exclusive. This is how I felt about going from XP to vista/7. But I really wanted to play just cause 2. Just take the dive, you'll do it eventually
    Computer Specifications:
    Case: NZXT H440
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H-100i
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(8x2)1866Mhz
    GFX: MSI 1070 GamingX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by *KFC* View Post
    But don't you think like people who are still running Windows XP can't run many of the programs or hacks or such just because of Windows 7 and Windows 8 out. So soon, same will be for Windows 7? Coders will make them only for Windows 8/10 as most of people would be running that.
    That will never gonne hpn

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe after 10 years but than I will have a lot of time to switch my ideas
    I can help you with anything related with Arma 3.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Invis. View Post

You have a valuable and informative opinion on Windows 10, thank you for sharing. If you can give anymore info of why Windows 10 is better than Windows 7, I would love to read it. I am slowly considering the switch.
    My main reason for preferring Windows 10 over 7 is the boot time. While my computers all have different internal hardware, there is a noticeable difference between the time it takes to load 7 and 10. Other than that, Windows 10 incorporates more of a modern and flat design to it and I have to say I think it's one of the best designs out there. Of course, you can mod Windows 7 to look like 10 if you just want the looks/animations. It also has, like I previously said, a more fluid feeling to it. Windows 10 also comes with DirectX 12 support, which has a major performance boost over DX11. Those are my main reasons for switching over.

The other gimmicky stuff I like (which are built in) are the multiple desktops, Cortana, and the new start menu. Multiple desktops are nice for me since I'm fairly obsessed with organization so I find that keeping a home desktop and a school desktop very handy. Cortana is nice to have just as a "meh I don't feel like touching my keyboard while I'm watching YouTube" so that I can make it do something without interrupting me. Lastly, the start menu, while it does take time to get used to, is a nice addition. The live tiles with quick updates are convenient so that I don't need to open a new tab or window to check on something quickly. Facebook/Twitter feeds update live as well as breaking news reports and weather.

Last thing too: it's a free update, whether or not you paid for Win 7/8

Those are just some of the things I can think off the top of my head right now. While I don't use Windows 10 as my main OS right now (because it's still in beta and I don't want to risk losing anything), I do plan on upgrading my main computer to Windows 10 when it releases.
    Last edited by | ∞ |; 03-19-2015 at 07:26 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to | ∞ | For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (03-20-2015)

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post

My main reason for preferring Windows 10 over 7 is the boot time. While my computers all have different internal hardware, there is a noticeable difference between the time it takes to load 7 and 10. Other than that, Windows 10 incorporates more of a modern and flat design to it and I have to say I think it's one of the best designs out there. Of course, you can mod Windows 7 to look like 10 if you just want the looks/animations. It also has, like I previously said, a more fluid feeling to it. Windows 10 also comes with DirectX 12 support, which has a major performance boost over DX11. Those are my main reasons for switching over.

The other gimmicky stuff I like (which are built in) are the multiple desktops, Cortana, and the new start menu. Multiple desktops are nice for me since I'm fairly obsessed with organization so I find that keeping a home desktop and a school desktop very handy. Cortana is nice to have just as a "meh I don't feel like touching my keyboard while I'm watching YouTube" so that I can make it do something without interrupting me. Lastly, the start menu, while it does take time to get used to, is a nice addition. The live tiles with quick updates are convenient so that I don't need to open a new tab or window to check on something quickly. Facebook/Twitter feeds update live as well as breaking news reports and weather.

Last thing too: it's a free update, whether or not you paid for Win 7/8

Those are just some of the things I can think off the top of my head right now. While I don't use Windows 10 as my main OS right now (because it's still in beta and I don't want to risk losing anything), I do plan on upgrading my main computer to Windows 10 when it releases.
    Thank you, I really appreciate your input. This helps me decide to switch over or not. I too, will think about switching once Windows 10 has been officially released. What I am mainly afraid of is, what if I do switch over to Windows 10 for free once its been released, but within some short amount of time they do something where you have to start paying for it? Idk, it seems ridiculous but I just want to be cautious, Microsoft at times can be pretty greedy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast