Thread: Free Books

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,042
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    239
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Free Books

    Got these books from my mom's friend today

    Should I read the java/html books first before reading the C++ orrr? (Suggestions please)



    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  2. #2
    bowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ثلاثة أقدام إلى
    Posts
    6,255
    Reputation
    1644
    Thanks
    2,082
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post
    Got these books from my mom's friend today

    Should I read the java/html books first before reading the C++ orrr? (Suggestions please)

    Depends on the age.
    If one of those is too old, then it won't be worth reading.

    Also java sucks.

  3. #3
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,042
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    239
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 Jr View Post
    Also java sucks.
    Well, I want to try to make a minecraft plugin as a project, which uses java last time I checked. And how old do you think the books would need to be to be useless?


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  4. #4
    molot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH OR BED
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    223
    My Mood
    Cold
    I would start from c ++

  5. #5
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,020
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post


    Well, I want to try to make a minecraft plugin as a project, which uses java last time I checked. And how old do you think the books would need to be to be useless?
    If you need help with Java for a minecraft plugin i can help i made many for a few years but i havnt in awile.

  6. #6
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,042
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    239
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Jr View Post


    If you need help with Java for a minecraft plugin i can help i made many for a few years but i havnt in awile.
    How long did it take you to learn Java? And where/how did you learn it, got any tips on how too?


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  7. #7
    Necktof87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my bike
    Posts
    308
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    470
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I learned it by trying out many things. Make programs, in VB and other things thats how I learned. If you have interest in it you can learn but other wise just don't waste your time xD.

  8. #8
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,020
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post


    How long did it take you to learn Java? And where/how did you learn it, got any tips on how too?
    I started out by watching youtube videos of it and then from the java website were it tells you what what codes do and then just kinda went from there.

  9. #9
    Quck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,810
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Jr View Post


    I started out by watching youtube videos of it and then from the java website were it tells you what what codes do and then just kinda went from there.
    Do you know any other codes/languages/computer stuffs/whatever-the-fuck-you-call-them ?

  10. #10
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,020
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiixtor View Post

    Do you know any other codes/languages/computer stuffs/whatever-the-fuck-you-call-them ?
    I know Alittle C++ and Alot of HTML And Java.

  11. #11
    GerrysamHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    52
    Thanks
    389
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    M8 can we get names of the books (I'm blind)
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  12. #12
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,020
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    All i can say is that the books that you post look old as hell and out dated sorry to say.

  13. #13
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,042
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    239
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post
    M8 can we get names of the books (I'm blind)
    1. An introduction to Java programming ©1998
    2. Creating web pages with HTML ©1998
    3. An introduction to Java programming (Developing Applets Using Microsoft Visual J++) ©1998
    4. An introduction to programming with C++ ©1998

    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Jr View Post
    All i can say is that the books that you post look old as hell and out dated sorry to say.
    The 4 main programming ones are all © in 1998. Too old to use?


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  14. #14
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,020
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post


    1. An introduction to Java programming ©1998
    2. Creating web pages with HTML ©1998
    3. An introduction to Java programming (Developing Applets Using Microsoft Visual J++) ©1998
    4. An introduction to programming with C++ ©1998



    The 4 main programming ones are all © in 1998. Too old to use?
    Yes id say Java updates alot And so does C++ and html is now HTML5 all are out of date.

  15. #15
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,042
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    239
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Jr View Post


    Yes id say Java updates alot And so does C++ and html is now HTML5 all are out of date.
    Shitty deal for me I guess. Would you have any starting point suggestions? Like any video(s)/website that you found helpful with learning? Would be much apreciated, also which program(s) will I need to code/make minecraft plugins in Java?


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Book on Amazon
    By Ethlon in forum Giveaways
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 10:52 PM
  2. [WTS] How to get FREE books E-book. 75 cents sale! Grab it now!
    By Broadleaf12 in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 05:44 AM
  3. i need c++ books free dwonlods
    By xdajay in forum Programming Tutorials
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 03:48 PM
  4. [Help] Visual basic online free book's
    By CodingHero in forum Coders Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 07:40 AM
  5. Take Home, Open Book, 10 Free Answer Test
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM