Thread: Betting?

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Slump God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,087
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    108

    Betting?

    I want to get into the sports betting thing. A couple of questions I have for the people who already do this.

    What's the most lucrative sport to bet on?
    What's the best website(s) and the most reliable/trusted?
    Do I have to know a lot about the sport to bet on the sport? (I only follow basketball/football)
    How much money can you earn from betting? (Factoring in losses, what is the average profit from your experience)

    I don't know if this is the right section but oh well.

  2. #2
    Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    RIGGED
    Posts
    2,921
    Reputation
    408
    Thanks
    656
    My Mood
    Tired
    betting in sports as in esports or irl sports?


  3. #3
    Derpik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your worst nightmares.
    Posts
    2,122
    Reputation
    355
    Thanks
    489
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by turtledaddykim View Post
    betting in sports as in esports or irl sports?
    I think he meant sports irl
     

    Image by thesirexploit. Be sure to check him out.

    Feel free to donate to me.

  4. #4
    GerrysamHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    52
    Thanks
    389
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Rörschach View Post
    betting in sports as in esports or irl sports?
    (I only follow basketball/football)
    i wonder what this means =O


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedOne View Post
    I want to get into the sports betting thing. A couple of questions I have for the people who already do this.

    What's the most lucrative sport to bet on?
    What's the best website(s) and the most reliable/trusted?
    Do I have to know a lot about the sport to bet on the sport? (I only follow basketball/football)
    How much money can you earn from betting? (Factoring in losses, what is the average profit from your experience)

    I don't know if this is the right section but oh well.
    In the long term you can't make profit from betting (Unless you're really fucking lucky)

  5. #5
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I'd answer all those questions based on a friend's experience, but since I dont bet it's probably safer to assume I know nothing.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  6. #6
    KillTheNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Depression
    Posts
    4,845
    Reputation
    822
    Thanks
    2,198
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    1. It all depends at what you find enjoyable to watch because all sports can be lucrative
    2. William Hill/PaddyPower for nearly all sports. Vulcun for LoL, CSGO, Dota 2 eSports betting
    3. Yes you need to have a really good knowledge of the game to know when players are doing bad or about to and factoring in all those odds
    4. I don't bet large but on a really good month $300 but usually Breakeven - $30

    I only bet for fun and only when I have some burn money and there's no games I want its not something you want to get addicted to unless your really fucking good and know literally everything about the sport and its players

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to KillTheNoise For This Useful Post:

    Slump God (05-03-2015)

  8. #7
    Jew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    <dd style="overflow: hidden;">here</dd>
    Posts
    3,864
    Reputation
    289
    Thanks
    2,162
    My Mood
    Amazed
    betting is the worst investment of money that there is on this planet.

    if its not "fun" for you dont do it. basing on the fact these betting companies make large profit,its save to assume you are guaranteed to loose.
    Vouch thread





     

    Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

    A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

    I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

  9. #8
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    1. Most lucrative sport is the one you can analyze best.
    2. Non issue, just research the site
    3. Seriously?
    4. Depends on your analysis skills, you have to be better than the bookie. I was up $5, did some bets on Bellator, ended with losses, did more risky bets to try to recoupe losses, ended up even deeper. Played it straight and realized my risky assessment mistakes, climbing up the hole right now, at $-3. I only bet small money for fun/testing my skills.

    Test it out theoretically before you do it if you're so unsure. Make a spreadsheet, enter in the odds and your picks, and then mark them down. I made my own spreadsheet to account and analyze my wins/losses, I could hypothetically bet on fights with it without paying any money. Find one online if you don't know how to make it.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

    KillTheNoise (05-02-2015),Slump God (05-03-2015)

  11. #9
    Threadstarter
    Naruto nine-tailed fox coat fur
    MPGH Member
    Slump God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,087
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    1. It all depends at what you find enjoyable to watch because all sports can be lucrative
    2. William Hill/PaddyPower for nearly all sports. Vulcun for LoL, CSGO, Dota 2 eSports betting
    3. Yes you need to have a really good knowledge of the game to know when players are doing bad or about to and factoring in all those odds
    4. I don't bet large but on a really good month $300 but usually Breakeven - $30

    I only bet for fun and only when I have some burn money and there's no games I want its not something you want to get addicted to unless your really fucking good and know literally everything about the sport and its players
    I'm only betting for fun since I have some cash to use and want to see it I can make it work

    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    1. Most lucrative sport is the one you can analyze best.
    2. Non issue, just research the site
    3. Seriously?
    4. Depends on your analysis skills, you have to be better than the bookie. I was up $5, did some bets on Bellator, ended with losses, did more risky bets to try to recoupe losses, ended up even deeper. Played it straight and realized my risky assessment mistakes, climbing up the hole right now, at $-3. I only bet small money for fun/testing my skills.

    Test it out theoretically before you do it if you're so unsure. Make a spreadsheet, enter in the odds and your picks, and then mark them down. I made my own spreadsheet to account and analyze my wins/losses, I could hypothetically bet on fights with it without paying any money. Find one online if you don't know how to make it.
    @#3 since some sports show you the betting odds in which who's favored more.


    Another question, is esports lucrative or regular sports more. Since my friend has been earning a shit ton from CS:GO betting.

  12. #10
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedOne View Post


    I'm only betting for fun since I have some cash to use and want to see it I can make it work



    @#3 since some sports show you the betting odds in which who's favored more.


    Another question, is esports lucrative or regular sports more. Since my friend has been earning a shit ton from CS:GO betting.
    Yeah all do, and favorites pay less if they win. Underdogs pay more then you bet, you end up losing in the long run unless all favorites win.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  13. #11
    Threadstarter
    Naruto nine-tailed fox coat fur
    MPGH Member
    Slump God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,087
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    Yeah all do, and favorites pay less if they win. Underdogs pay more then you bet, you end up losing in the long run unless all favorites win.
    wait so if favorites win you don't get your money back? Why bet in the first place ?

  14. #12
    Farting Scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    644
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    83
    House always wins. Don't bet.

  15. #13
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedOne View Post


    wait so if favorites win you don't get your money back? Why bet in the first place ?
    You get your money back, but you get only less than you betted for being right.

    If someone is like -300 (the favorite), you get 33 cents for every dollar you bet. If you bet a bunch of favorites, favorite gots to win 3 times for every time a underdog wins to break even.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  16. #14
    Threadstarter
    Naruto nine-tailed fox coat fur
    MPGH Member
    Slump God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,087
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    You get your money back, but you get only less than you betted for being right.

    If someone is like -300 (the favorite), you get 33 cents for every dollar you bet. If you bet a bunch of favorites, favorite gots to win 3 times for every time a underdog wins to break even.
    Oh I see, and that's where the knowledge of your sport comes in.
    But how much do you lose when you bet on a underdog.

  17. #15
    CaptSoap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    16
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Probably saw the PacVSMay fight and wants to bet now :P lol

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
  2. Place Your Bets!!!
    By Negativ3 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 06:18 PM
  4. I love the dictionary....i bet i can find YOU too
    By Missy_Lynne in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:42 PM
  5. How to change War Rock weapon sounds (I bet Dave already knows how to) Sorry Repost
    By WarRocker19 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM