Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,412

    How long do you think it wil take?

    How long do you think it will take for online translators to translate languages accurately and have the original text lose the meaning after like three translation. I am hoping in the next ten years it happens.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  2. #2
    Degree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    2,796
    Reputation
    314
    Thanks
    1,190
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm sure it will happen in the next 10 years. It will be awesome when it happens, there's a lot of errors in simple transitions now.

  3. #3
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,412
    I just want it to happen right know because I hate waiting for those lazy ass light novel translator to translate the novels. :|
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  4. #4
    KillTheNoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Depression
    Posts
    4,845
    Reputation
    822
    Thanks
    2,198
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Its nearly impossible different languages have different forms of slang which is nearly impossible to keep track of because it ranges from culture to culture example how the British people speak English is alot different than how Americans speak it

  5. #5
    kakadz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    437
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    43
    My Mood
    Bored
    Probabely never.



  6. #6
    sup h0wl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    the arctic
    Posts
    625
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1,930
    My Mood
    Sad
    probably soon actually!

  7. #7
    Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wherever the road wishes to take me.
    Posts
    3,811
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    582
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    Its nearly impossible different languages have different forms of slang which is nearly impossible to keep track of because it ranges from culture to culture example how the British people speak English is alot different than how Americans speak it
    Different languages can be way too complex in just the slightest details that would be impossible to program in a way that could be accurately translated every single time. Problems include grammar, punctuation, tone, slang, etc.
    I'm not Ben Affleck.

  8. #8
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,412
    Yeah I thought about that, because when I take a sentence in Chinese and try to translate it to English and back to Chinese and to English it's completely different. But we have came along way from 2000 to 2015 in translating so I am HOPING in another 10 years we can solve the language issue. At-least at the rate we are going right know.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  9. #9
    Degree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    2,796
    Reputation
    314
    Thanks
    1,190
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post


    Different languages can be way too complex in just the slightest details that would be impossible to program in a way that could be accurately translated every single time. Problems include grammar, punctuation, tone, slang, etc.
    I'm sure eventually our computers will get smart enough though

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Degree For This Useful Post:

    Eternity (07-12-2015)

  11. #10
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by makeithurt123 View Post
    I'm sure eventually our computers will get smart enough though
    They are inventing cars that can drive by themself for fuck sakes. I hope they will atleast be able to do this.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



  12. #11
    Degree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    2,796
    Reputation
    314
    Thanks
    1,190
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post


    They are inventing cars that can drive by themself for fuck sakes. I hope they will atleast be able to do this.
    Yeah, it shouldn't be too much to ask :P
    IBM Watson was winning games of Jeopardy by itself, and that was like 5 years ago.

  13. #12
    Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    4,731
    Reputation
    1319
    Thanks
    1,442
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    How long do you think it will take for online translators to translate languages accurately and have the original text lose the meaning after like three translation. I am hoping in the next ten years it happens.
    Its not that easy, for example for a word in a different language could translate to multiple meanings in a different language. Until a algorithm that could distinguish the different meanings isn't made its not possible till then and such a algorithm is extremely difficult to make. For example if you tried translating bat into spanish you wouldn't know which bat i'm talking about, some type of artificial intelligence which could understand the words and not just translate them is when you will see accurate translations.
    @Eternity also that's not that difficult, the main part of that is that the cars detect any cars behind them or in front of them and follow the road lines.


    Middleman | August 2015
    Publicist | September 2015
    Battlefield Minion | September 2015
    NewsForce | February 2016
    Former Staff | February 2016
    Middleman | May 2017
    Fire MM | May 2017
    Publicist | October 2017
    Marketplace Minion | December 2017

  14. #13
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    11,027
    Reputation
    1839
    Thanks
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Turner View Post
    Its not that easy, for example for a word in a different language could translate to multiple meanings in a different language. Until a algorithm that could distinguish the different meanings isn't made its not possible till then and such a algorithm is extremely difficult to make. For example if you tried translating bat into spanish you wouldn't know which bat i'm talking about, some type of artificial intelligence which could understand the words and not just translate them is when you will see accurate translations.
    @Eternity also that's not that difficult, the main part of that is that the cars detect any cars behind them or in front of them and follow the road lines.
    Meh I still hope in the next ten years it will be a possibility that Raw light novels will be readable via google translate or bing translate. That's the only reason I care about it.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Endless Void."



Similar Threads

  1. So.. How long do you think untill a homepage update?
    By ZeroTroubles in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 04:46 PM
  3. How long have you been fucking around here?
    By DoubleDutch in forum General
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
  4. How long until you become Idle in CA??
    By Pixie in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
  5. How Long have you been hacking???
    By firefly35 in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 03:39 AM